GUILTY Canada - Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, murdered, 1993

It's horrible and those that marry the Night Stalker will marry Karla too.

I think I read 80% get pardoned but please don't quote me. I would have to find the article again and post it. It is a sad state of affairs if she does.
Her sister and her victim in Hawaii never had a chance. Paul and her victims died at their hands. Many have followed this case and like you wonder why this law was put in place even for the other offenders whose records were wiped clean.

Gozgals

Just to be clear, this was a quip by the PM to show how this pardon law needs review - not an actual announcement that Karla intends to do this.

(As a general rule, I don't post stories about Canada or its justice system on WS as there is already enough incidental Canada-bashing on here to actually put out the welcome mat for it.)

I know you are correct, but if I were Karla, I would go for the pardon. We all know she will. Why not use the right afforded her whether we like it or not...?

Goz

I know you are correct, but if I were Karla, I would go for the pardon. We all know she will. Why not use the right afforded her whether we like it or not...?

Goz

You must have hit reply just as I was deleting that post. I decided to play nice and just walk away. :angel:

see-no-evil-monkeys.jpg

I said I believed the baby existed *HOWEVER* I'll address your points........

(Like I said)there's never been any OFFICIAL PROOF (or even eyewitness accounts)of Karla being pregnant or delivering a baby.
Some months after she (supposedly)had the baby someone anonymously claimed Nurses refused her treatment HOWEVER theres nobody named & nothing leaked about her being admitted to the hospital etc and nothing OFFICAL has been published,leaked or proven.
I believe Karla had a baby however you can bet your boots she wasnt checking into the hospital as Karla Bernardo or even Karla Teale and I guarantee you the staff had no idea who she was or recognized her(did see how different looked in the interview she after leaving prison?even if she stayed blonde theres no way a stranger,even us avid case watchers,would recognize her.Imagine her with darker hair,different hairstyle & plastic surgery...shed be unrecognizable!).You know if they did media wouldve been ALL OVER that hospital so if these nurses were so outraged and refused treatment they didnt leak it out?? C'mon on now.....Just as Karla has been able to live in secret in Canada she was able to deliver a baby in private (and again I will drag out my dead horse and say this is because of assistance she will receive for the remainder of her life from the Government-moo).
As for the baby carrier-was it even Karla?Was it even her baby? Remember after her release she was hired by a man to work in his hardware store & was around his children and "babysat"........for all we know Karly Kurls is a 'French Nanny' in Montreal-anything is possible.......Karla got nearly the same deal Jamie Bulger's murders got only she didnt get relocated to another country(which they tried-nobody would take her)HOWEVER she gets the same PRIVILEGES they do......anonymity and protection FOR LIFE.
In this day & age its hard for someone to hide........ask yourself how Karla has managed for so long now...............Goggle a name,an address.....its never been easier to track somebody down yet she has managed to hide.

ETA:Her sister Lori changed her name (supposedly)to Logan Valentini & although the courts denied Karla's request to change her name to the subtle 'Emily Chiara Tremblay' its widely believed she was/is known as 'Emily Bordalias' and a researcher/blogger claims she was/is living in Ontario which is outrageous as thats the 'scene of the crime(s)'.Im sure ,however,now that all that was leaked her 'handlers'have moved her(again) & she using another variation of that name.
Also her & her sister's supposed FB pages are gone..............
I'm rereading "Deadly Innocence" and was just reading up on this case on Websleuths. Out of curiosity, I Googled the aliases you mentioned, and there are a Logan Valentini and Emily Bordelais on FB. Logan only has about 25 friends, and is Emily's only friend. There are several other friends with the last name Homolka, so I imagine it's the same person.

I'm rereading "Deadly Innocence" and was just reading up on this case on Websleuths. Out of curiosity, I Googled the aliases you mentioned, and there are a Logan Valentini and Emily Bordelais on FB. Logan only has about 25 friends, and is Emily's only friend. There are several other friends with the last name Homolka, so I imagine it's the same person.

This is THE case that convinced me we need a registry for serious criminals similar to the sex-offender registry. The 19 year old kid that dated a 16 year old girl against her parents wishes has to register as a sex offender to live in my neighborhood, but a sexual-predator sadistic serial killer can live next door to me and I will have no way to know her background?

I am all for rehabilitation, and seriously, I would be respectful to Karla Homolka if she DID live next door to me. But I would want to know the truth so that I can keep a watchful eye and protect myself and my loved ones.

People knowing the truth about her should be the minimum price she must endure after the heinous murders she committed. I cannot even imagine what her victims' families must feel.

I despise this bit@h of a woman. She is just a guilty as her ex in the murder of those girls and her baby sister. How her parents could even stand to look at her after what she did is beyond me. Poor innocent little Tammy didn't have a clue what an evil sister she had. If sociopath Karla had a conscience she wouldn't be able to look at herself in her mirror every day.

The only kind of husband Karla will ever be able to get is someone like the bisexual *advertiser censored* star. What decent man would give her the time of day? With her history of murders no one that has any brains would even look at her much less marry the witch.

Why is the Canadian government helping her? They don't owe her anything. She made her bed now let her lay in it. Let her live everyday in fear and looking over he shoulder. Let her wonder and worry that someone might treat her just like she treated those two girls that she baited and helped murder.

Bobbisangel--

You took the words right out of my mouth. I feel actually the same way.
Everytime I think about what her and Paul did to those poor girls, I am horrified. Just knowing Karla was an active party in her sister's death, turns my stomach. I guess the government didn't CONSIDER it was Karla who got the drug to sedate her sister which killed her. She never should have been allowed to make a deal but this is old news we have gone over so many times. It never will fail to amaze me that she is not in prison.

Goz

Yes, Logan appears to be Karla's sister alright. She is managing to stay very private. I can't believe any of her family members would ever speak to her again. Poor Tammy; no facebook for her.

Karla Homolka gave birth to her third child last month. She is married to Thierry Bordelais, her lawyer's brother, and she does not live in Ontario (or Canada), although she visits here to see family members, and also spends time in Montreal with her husband's family. The Luka Magnotta stuff is all fictitious; there is no evidence they have ever met. The baby he is pictured holding (in the Bahamas blog) does not look like Karla's son. Karla and her family live in the Caribbean.

Karla did legally change her name to Emily; years ago, however, shortly before she and Bernardo separated, she legally changed her name to Karla Leanne Teale, and that's what she was officially known as during her incarceration. She is now all over the internet (using a variety of names), and posts pictures of her kids but not of herself. She's quite busy with an online retail business as well as some tutoring or teaching work.

The Homolkas moved from their house on Dundonald St in St Catherines, but Karla's father is still alive. His health was a factor in the move; I understand they needed a single story or split-level house without so many stairs. I believe they still live in the St Catherine's area, as does Karla's sister Lori who is married with three kids also.

Karla would love to be getting money from the Canadian government (she has expensive tastes, and must be chafing at living a modest lifestyle) but she is not on the payroll. She is still a citizen, but as an expat has no claims on the welfare or medical system and didn't receive any assistance with resettling or getting a new identity (she asked -- they said no). She can't enter the U.S.A. as a convicted felon, but her husband's residency in one of the French territories in the Caribbean allows her to live there too, and of course as a Canadian citizen she is entitled to come back here to visit or even to live..

I thought the Homolka's had moved.It's been awhile since we were on their street.We are yard saler's.

Looks like Luka is going by Vladimir Romanov on FB - funny that one of his "favorite books" is "How to disappear" and show: SVU!!!! :::shudder::: Only 2 friends - one is "Logan". Here's an article I'm sure you guys have read that just revealed all I had put together....hah =P

http://emilybordelais.wordpress.com/

This is THE case that convinced me we need a registry for serious criminals similar to the sex-offender registry. The 19 year old kid that dated a 16 year old girl against her parents wishes has to register as a sex offender to live in my neighborhood, but a sexual-predator sadistic serial killer can live next door to me and I will have no way to know her background?

I am all for rehabilitation, and seriously, I would be respectful to Karla Homolka if she DID live next door to me. But I would want to know the truth so that I can keep a watchful eye and protect myself and my loved ones.

People knowing the truth about her should be the minimum price she must endure after the heinous murders she committed. I cannot even imagine what her victims' families must feel.

I agree with 99% of your post. The 1% I don't agree with is giving her any respect. IMO, she does not deserve any from anyone......ever.
What she did is forever inexcusable, imo.

Karla Homolka’s ex-prison beau goes before parole board
By Katherine Wilton, THE GAZETTE June 1, 2011

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/Karl...parole+board/4870866/story.html#ixzz1O39dn400
MONTREAL - Convicted killer Jean-Paul Gerbet went before the Parole Board of Canada Tuesday to try to win his freedom after serving 13 years for killing 23-year-old Laval woman Cathy Carretta in 1998.

But, as was the case at Gerbet’s two previous parole hearings, another woman’s name kept coming up – Karla Homolka’s.

Gerbet, a French national, gained notoriety after having a jailhouse relationship with Homolka while they were inmates at the Ste. Anne des Plaines institution.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/06/01/18224221.html
Gerbet and Homolka met at Sainte-Anne-des-Plaines prison, a maximum-security facility north of Montreal.

The National Parole Board said the two killers had an eight-month relationship.

A psychologist also reported that Gerbet had a "personality disorder with narcissistic traits."

So she is a sicko murderer who is also marrying a sicko murderer, does anyone else see a future problem here?

So, let me see if I understand. Canada has released not one, but two murderers following relatively brief periods of incarceration. And these two people were able to have a "relationship" while incarcerated. What??? What???

Not if they just kill each other, simultaneously.

Otherwise I'd say Canada owes everyone with female children a heads up on where these two live.

I say Canada owes everyone with ANY CHILD m or f.....I don't know the one guy but Paul and Karla were soooo sick I could eventually see them hurting someone of any sex...it was only a matter of time with them.

So she is a sicko murderer who is also marrying a sicko murderer, does anyone else see a future problem here?

I don't see where they are getting married. Am I missing something? I thought she was already married and had a family.
Personally, I think it's appalling that this man would be allowed to go free. I have always thought it was wrong that KH would ever walk free. I guess in Canada life in prison without parole means little.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime
Back