George's testimony at trial

I am interested to see if George stays in the courtroom for the remainder of the trial.

The only thing I heard GA say today that bothered me was he said on June 16 Caylee came out of ICA's room dressed cute and he asked, "Where are you going?" He said she replied, "To Zanny's."

I've lurked for years, literally, but finally decided to open my mouth. This has been bothering me all evening. I felt GA was lying when he said Cayle replied "To Zanny's." If the DT now admits there was no Zanny, then GA just helped them out by discrediting his own honesty. Makes my head spin.

Baez asked GA if he has a problem with his vision, regarding not knowing she was pregnant at the time of the wedding. I'm wondering where he's going with this since I missed all of this testimony earlier today.

I've lurked for years, literally, but finally decided to open my mouth. This has been bothering me all evening. I felt GA was lying when he said Cayle replied "To Zanny's." If the DT now admits there was no Zanny, then GA just helped them out by discrediting his own honesty. Makes my head spin.

:welcome:

Glad you came out of hiding! :D

I totally agree with your post! :thumb: This is all very confusing!

Baez questions GA about not knowing KC was pregnant at the wedding. That really is weird that they wouldn't know, I'm sure we all would agree.

We all have agreed that the denial or refusal to see what was apparent to all of us is odd behavior. What was weird to me today was not GA's testimony about it though as at least it remained consistent with previous statements. What was bizarre to me was how much time JB spend grilling him and ostracizing GA about that subject. And yet never asks the one question his own opening statement begged! That told me volumes.

I think George kept his composure very well.

Welcome! Glad to hear your thoughts on the matter!

Baez is asking if GA told the FBI that he wasn't sure that KC worked for the last two years. GA admits he did. Seems like Baez is trying to discredit GA as being a truthful person.

Baez asked GA if he has a problem with his vision, regarding not knowing she was pregnant at the time of the wedding. I'm wondering where he's going with this since I missed all of this testimony earlier today.

JB stated in his opening that this family's MO was to lie and to deny--and he gave as an example a photo of a very pregnant KC at her Uncle's wedding --and then related how the Anthonys denied KC was pregnant--when obviously they knew better. He used this to show why it fit within the familys MO to lie and deny Caylee's accidental drowning. So, where he was going with this was to establish the statements he made in his opening.

Well,I have been travelling all day in our RV and managed to catch quite a lot .Wow! What a day !Thank goodness I invested in an aircard,wouldn't have wanted to miss that!All I really have to say is "Casey,you've just been thwarted by your Dad".Thank you George,now it's your turn Cindy.Stand up for Caylee!

Baez asks what KC spent her paycheck on. GA says insurance for her car, gas for her car, things like that. GA never had contact with the nanny nor did the nanny ever call the house. (I spose he thought KC was paying for the nanny too....)

GA went to KC's work to surprise her for lunch, but it was twofold, he also was hoping she was working there. (At Sports Authority). GA is trying to explain and Baez interrupts. I'm surprised GA didn't get pizzy, like many of you have mentioned on the threads today! Wow.

Even when Baez gives him a smirky look, too.

A lot of this could have been avoided if GA had been more truthful from the beginning, instead of parroting ICA's lies.

I'm glad he manned up and give him credit for that, but this farce would not have gone on so long if CA and GA had admitted there was no nanny and ICA was lying from the start.

If I sound harsh it's because my tax dollars have been wasted by JB and the DT with ICA's help while our county is looking at cutting services to victim support programs, among many other things.

Yes, I hold CA and GA accountable for this mess, they should have spoken the truth a long time ago. So whoopee that he speaks it now to save his own *advertiser censored**

JP says a witness should not be discredited by talking to a lawyer about his or her testimony.

Then Baez asks about GA consulting with an attorney and seeking Paul Kelly for advice within 48? hours of finding out Caylee was missing. Mr. Kelly is a workman's comp attorney and a friend, says GA.

Awesome point, helenann2k! Welcome to WS!
welcome.gif

Baez was questioning GA about hearing about duct tape in his opening statement. JP said you can't question about the opening statement as that isn't evidence. (Wouldn't that be elementary knowledge for attorneys? :waitasec:)

Baez is asking if GA told the FBI that he wasn't sure that KC worked for the last two years. GA admits he did. Seems like Baez is trying to discredit GA as being a truthful person.

I thought GA did as best he could answering JB without allowing him to goad him or get riled up. His answer was already out there and didn't GA first say he had suspicions or intuition on the subject? He had also said he caught it from CA for acting like a detective at the Sport's Authority - to the point he just dropped the whole thing. It could not have been easy living in that house, under those rules... No wonder ICA has no respect for authority.

He appeared to me that he was not playing Baezs' game today and JB was barely holding his disgust for GA during questioning - JB needs to be smacked down if that is the attitude he is going to take with all the witnesses.

The look on ICA's face when GA said "If I were there (when Caylee died) we wouldn't be here today" was priceless. Princess was so pizzed - like she was saying 'See? Did you hear that'

Baez was questioning GA about hearing about duct tape in his opening statement. JP said you can't question about the opening statement as that isn't evidence. (Wouldn't that be elementary knowledge for attorneys? :waitasec:)
IMHO JB came across as .......inept?........green?.........incompetent?......

I couldn't count how many objections were sustained in a row at one point. JB wanted to ask a question and he had no clue how to forumlate the question that would be acceptable in a court of law. It was silly and certainly didn't make JB look good.

Things that make you go Hmmm.
JB accuses GA of the most disgusting abuse of his daughter, then does not even mention it while questioning him. That alleged abuse, according to JB was at the root of all ICA's problems, but he doesn't ask him one question...

GA went to KC's work to surprise her for lunch, but it was twofold, he also was hoping she was working there. (At Sports Authority). GA is trying to explain and Baez interrupts. I'm surprised GA didn't get pizzy, like many of you have mentioned on the threads today! Wow.

Even when Baez gives him a smirky look, too.

I thought that part of GA's testimony was interesting. I don't know the exact time line this falls into, but right away though...I thought GA's hinky meter was going off, as far as Caylee actually having a real job!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back