Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is wishful thinking, but there should be some kind of law that a parent can't take another adult into the home with minor children without doing a background check, just so that if something happens, they can't say they did not know...

(Having no idea whether or not mom in this case knew his background or if it is even relevant to Celina's disappearance, just saying in general...)

In a perfect world a background check would be required but it would also be required that you not disregard the information and bring them in your home anyway. I just can't understand the women who know that their significant others are SO's, abusers, mentally ill, etc. and they move in with them or marry them anyway. Brooke Bennett's family is the perfect example. Her mother and everyone else knew Michael Jacques background and Brooke was allowed to stay the night at his house. Unbelievable.

Anyway, I hope to God nothing like that has happened in this case but I am very wary of the SF.

According to WMUR live feed, about to start a live news presser at WMUR TV

I think this is what you are looking for?
At about :45 there is a woman rocking. She is there again at about 1:10. I think that is her mother?

The wheelchair is about 1:40

They refer to the stuffed animals as a "shrine"... much better than "memorial."

This is also a family statement read by a family friend about 1:50.

‪FBI Search for N.H. Girl Reaches Canada‬‏ - YouTube

I did see that one last night, but it isn't the one. The one I saw (either article or video) specifically said "sometimes confined..." which led me to believe that this may be a chronic thing. Ugh! This is driving me nuts. But thank you!

An earlier report said a strep brother (they may be mistaken, may be half brother) also lives there.

This link states Celina lives with her mother, SF and sister:

"Celina lives with her mother, stepfather and 13-year-old sister. Celina's stepfather and mother have not released any statements since she vanished."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-hampshire-girl-search-extends-canada/story?id=14178067&page=2

I haven't read/heard that any of the SF's children live with the family.

What gets me is that she went missing the night the sister she shares a room with happened to be out. I'd like to know how often that happened -- unless it's an awful lot, then I'd lean towards thinking the coincidence is just too great for this to have been a true stranger abduction. That is, either she left "willingly" (I put that in quotes, because that includes circumstances in which she was tricked into leaving by someone she had previously encountered) or someone with intimate knowledge of the family (a family member, a friend of the family/neighbor or someone a family member spoke to) was responsible.

(It's also possible that she was stalked by a stranger who, via their stalking, noticed her sister's absence that night, but that seems less likely to me given the totality of the circumstances -- e.g., she's only 11, she lived in a small town, lived on a main road, no one seems to have noticed anyone, etc).

I wonder if no one saw anything amiss ? LE hasn't said that MOO Could be that someone did see something.... Such a small town, and it seems that there are quite a few people around the family's home...In the boarding house etc. Unless she was taken out of her home in the middle of the night (3 or 4 a.m.ish) .... MOO

In a perfect world a background check would be required but it would also be required that you not disregard the information and bring them in your home anyway. I just can't understand the women who know that their significant others are SO's, abusers, mentally ill, etc. and they move in with them or marry them anyway. Brooke Bennett's family is the perfect example. Her mother and everyone else knew Michael Jacques background and Brooke was allowed to stay the night at his house. Unbelievable.

Anyway, I hope to God nothing like that has happened in this case but I am very wary of the SF.

When applying for a marriage license a small fee should be collected and both parties would be given background checks on each other. I am in support of this!

Ok, maybe not necessarily mother's...but any info, even a friend of the family, someone who could validate if she was seen during the weekend maybe...anything... If it were my child missing, I hope that sedatives would be the last thing from my mind...finding my baby and helping any way possible with a clear as possible head would be my priority.

But where it is an active investigation they do not want anyone saying anything in the media. Which means what people saw and when.

What I meant by the sedatives is I could never handle itif this were my child. I can take alot but not when it comes to mt daugher and my only child who is now almost 27!

I did see that one last night, but it isn't the one. The one I saw (either article or video) specifically said "sometimes confined..." which led me to believe that this may be a chronic thing. Ugh! This is driving me nuts. But thank you!

If it helps, I also remember reading that yesterday somewhere...think it was in a blog and I was reluctant to post it..hope you find it!

I wonder if no one saw anything amiss ? LE hasn't said that MOO Could be that someone did see something.... Such a small town, and it seems that there are quite a few people around the family's home...In the boarding house etc. Unless she was taken out of her home in the middle of the night (3 or 4 a.m.ish) .... MOO

Possible... but if there was a credible sighting of an unidentified lurking stranger, I think we'd have at least a sketch at this point.

Possible... but if there was a credible sighting of an unidentified lurking stranger, I think we'd have at least a sketch at this point.

I wonder if truckers ever sleep in their rigs in the bar/restaurant parking lot ?

Presser Recap
-Have received hundreds of tips from as far away as North Carolina.
-Working closely with Canadian authorities.
-Deployed a specialized evidence response team.
-No evidence to indicate this is a criminal investigation.
-Caution the public to remain vigilant.

AAG Jane Young said that parents being extra vigilant would be appropriate in this circumstance until they know what led to Celina's disappearance.

She also said they would print off as many posters as often as needed.

They are having a cell phone tower brought in so that law enforcement can communicate with each other.

(BBM) I think I have no problem with the intent of what you said, but I just wanted to put out there that "mentally ill" doesn't prevent someone from being a good person. "Mental illness" is a pretty broad term, IMO, and most people who are "mentally ill" aren't criminals, much less violent ones. (http://books.google.com/books?hl=en...ge&q=mental illness criminal behavior&f=false) No disrespect intended for you or your views. I am probably sensitive to your wording because I do fall into the group of "mentally ill" people, and I know what a heterogeneous group we are.

If it helps, I also remember reading that yesterday somewhere...think it was in a blog and I was reluctant to post it..hope you find it!

It does help to at least make me think that I am not losing my mind. I tend to stay away from blogs and only read here and on MSM when looking. Maybe the blog that you saw (if it was a blog, lol) saaw the same thing that I did and it has been edited and removed because whoever wrote the article that the blogger was going off of was speculating based on the vigil. I'm still looking, regardless.

I have to say, it isn't often that I am interested in a case that has so much information that amounts to nothing but the same things I have read before, over and over and over again.

After the PC was "officially" over (the AAG had left the podium), it seemed like there was something going on...it looked like someone called out a question while she was walking, and then the whole group swarmed over, boom mic and all. But the feed I'd been watching went back to the color bars, and I couldn't hear anything but ambient noise...Did anyone catch what was going on?

After the PC was "officially" over (the AAG had left the podium), it seemed like there was something going on...it looked like someone called out a question while she was walking, and then the whole group swarmed over, boom mic and all. But the feed I'd been watching went back to the color bars, and I couldn't hear anything but ambient noise...Did anyone catch what was going on?

I think they were asking for names and spellings of names for their reports, but I could be wrong.

It does help to at least make me think that I am not losing my mind. I tend to stay away from blogs and only read here and on MSM when looking. Maybe the blog that you saw (if it was a blog, lol) saaw the same thing that I did and it has been edited and removed because whoever wrote the article that the blogger was going off of was speculating based on the vigil. I'm still looking, regardless.

I have to say, it isn't often that I am interested in a case that has so much information that amounts to nothing but the same things I have read before, over and over and over again.

BBM

Same goes for me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members