GUILTY MO - Breeann Rodriguez, 3, Senath, 6 August 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cornfields I am familiar with don't have much space between the rows. I would not want to take an ATV between them, even one person walking would have to be constantly swiping the leaves out of their face. I don't think the farmers would appreciate their crops being mowed down by a bunch of ATV's. To me, they are a scary place. Go far enough into the rows, and you can't see an end in sight in either direction.

I was going to guess 18"... Smaller growers will go wider, but the width has been getting thinner with bigger growers because of the efficiency of the equipment and larger yield/per acre. (Same equipment can be used on other crops..like soybeans, etc.) Also depends on what hybrid of corn. ****Learned to ride a bike in the lot next to my house....and it ended in a cornfield, I had no training wheels and until I learned to turn--- I "plopped" in the cornfield.

According to Senath Police Chief Omar Karnes, the van is an older model panel van with no windows, and a ladder on the back for roof access. Karnes said the make, model, and license plate are unknown.
http://www.dddnews.com/story/1751656.html

Think I'll walk around Senath on google maps in hopes of seeing this van...long shot I know but stranger things have happened.

If they aren't still looking for this van would someone pls let me know...TIA

With the size of the town, maybe they could inquire of all the people who might be having house repairs/maintenance or any type of housing construction in the area. Not picking on roofers or construction workers, but it's a very easy employment venue for people with records. Anyone in the town have any electrical, plumbing or cable work done? I checked for a local lumber yard and the nearest is in Kennett or Paragould, AR

Hopefully, someone has seen this van. It was lunchtime.

ETA: I thought they had ruled out the one person that had a van, and since this article is dated today...maybe a different one.

I am confused because they were both white vans. But I guess there are a lot of white vans on the road so it makes sense. I wonder where this van was seen and why it is important. It seems if it was a work van it would have something written on it.

This new article mentions a the end that they will be putting out digital billboards today:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missouri-g...ears-45000-reward-offered/t/story?id=14264268

It also has some quotes from a neighbor who describes the street as quiet and mostly old people, which is different from the article I read earlier (will try to find) that describes the street as having many kids who would play outside (though I suppose both could be true).

Gardenlady, I couldn't get your link to work...hoping this one does. It talks of a second van also.

A second van seen in the days prior to Breeann's disappearance has now become of interest to investigators who are seeking information on what is described as a white cargo-type van without side windows and a mounted ladder on the back.

Senath is a tiny hamlet in the southeast corner of the state with a population of less than 1,600 people and a non-existent crime rate.
"It's always been very safe here. We haven't had any major crime," said Haddock, a resident of the Senath for 34 years who has raised children on the same street near where Breeann was last seen. She said the street is quiet, filled with older residents and has little traffic.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missouri-g...ppears-45000-reward-offered/story?id=14264268

With the size of the town, maybe they could inquire of all the people who might be having house repairs/maintenance or any type of housing construction in the area. Not picking on roofers or construction workers, but it's a very easy employment venue for people with records. Anyone in the town have any electrical, plumbing or cable work done? I checked for a local lumber yard and the nearest is in Kennett or Paragould, AR

Hopefully, someone has seen this van. It was lunchtime.

ETA: I thought they had ruled out the one person that had a van, and since this article is dated today...maybe a different one.

Quite a few SO's in Kennett and I also looked for home builders, construction, plumbing etc. and it's all in Kennett. I do hope Kennett SO's have been checked on. I'd be real curious if any of the Kennett SO's work in any of the above listed fields.

You would think that if someone abducted her that someone would have seen something since this was a dead end street . Im just picturing it in my mind and thinking either way in or out would have been suspicious to me driving real fast and doing a u turn at the end of the street or someone driving real slow and then speeding off .

If that 2nd white van was seen in the area for a couple of days previously, then this was a premeditated abduction. They scoped the child out and knew she rode her bike around. They just needed to wait for their chance to get her alone. That is really frightening. If so, she is long gone, imo. This is devastating. What an adorable girl with a loving family. And her poor brother will live with this burden forever. I hope he can get some counseling.

You would think that if someone abducted her that someone would have seen something since this was a dead end street . Im just picturing it in my mind and thinking either way in or out would have been suspicious to me driving real fast and doing a u turn at the end of the street or someone driving real slow and then speeding off .

But their home is only 4 houses away from the major intersection, at the opposite end of the cul-de-sac. We live on a cul-de-sac too. When the kids were little they were only allowed to ride or skateboard in our little street. But if I turned my back they always wanted to hang out at the opening, by the busy part of the street. That is where they saw friends riding by and it is where the road to the school and park is. I worry that Breeann rode her bike up towards that busy street when her brother left. Someone could have grabbed her and the bike in 10 seconds.

Ok, I know Google Maps may be old, but I found a white panel van. This is the corner of Hornbeck and Campbell, just west of the nursing home and north of the "big pond". I noticed there are dirt roads leading to the ponds.

Look on the right: senath, mo - Google Maps

Who lives on Campbell St/van? Ramos's & Rodriguez's

This story was just on the today show (eastern time)

White vans sure seem to be popular in that area. They dismissed one van and are now looking for another one. How old are google maps? Good sleuthing Holly. Can't tell if there is a ladder on top of that van but the perp may have gotten rid of it after the information was released to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88