09-17-2011 Topaz Mountain Search Yields Charred Wood and Decomp

No.
And... here comes yet another bad analogy from Oriah!!

-'Indicated' (in SAR dog speak- translated to human, lol) is like waving my hand at you to go away when I'm on the phone in my office.

(Dog is thinking "huh. hmm. What's that scent?")

-'Reacted to' is like you didn't get my message the first time, so I more forcefully tapped my hand on the desk and perhaps mouthed, "I'm on the phone!"

(Dog is thinking "Wait, I think I know what scent that is after all...")

-'Alerting on' means I have slammed down the phone because you won't go away, and am waiting to hear what your urgent need is, lol.

(Dog is thinking "Yep, I know exactly what that scent is now, and when I smell that I am supposed to remain sitting, laying, barking etc until you tell me otherwise.")

Very different stages of communication. Does that make any sense?

I think one of the problems here may be that we have a non-SAR LE spokesperson, who may not be fully aware of these different words mean in SAR-speak.

I would like to see an interview of one of the SAR handlers whose dog was taken out there, and listen to the language, the wording, the handler uses for what their dog did.

And I'd like you to do the interview, Oriah. :floorlaugh:

I think they kept bringing in dogs to verify they all hit on it so that it can be used in a trial. Combine that with Abbot likely seeing JP's van at the site during late Aug when JP was "camping" 17 hours away from his house, and I think this would be very compelling to a jury, especially with whatever was found at the Powell home that led them here. Combined with all the other compelling circumstancial evidence, I would hope that a jury could figure this out. Another Pinellas Cty nightmare? I certainly hope not. They will (and should) try to find a body to sew this case up perfectly, but I think they will press charges even if the body isn't found. I wish them luck.

MOO.

I think one of the problems here may be that we have a non-SAR LE spokesperson, who may not be fully aware of these different words mean in SAR-speak.

I would like to see an interview of one of the SAR handlers whose dog was taken out there, and listen to the language, the wording, the handler uses for what their dog did.

I second this nomination!!!!

:)

:clap:

OK, pardon my naivete, but what do people do when they go to this site? I mean they dig up crystals? And what do they do with them? COllect them? Sell them? Are they worth a lot of money? TIA

BBM: I agree.

(Oh, and lol. They would hate me. Send sarx instead. )

Josh and his enablers are no doubt laughing with glee. This drama by LE needs to stop! Soooooo unprofessional, IMO.

OK, pardon my naivete, but what do people do when they go to this site? I mean they dig up crystals? And what do they do with them? COllect them? Sell them? Are they worth a lot of money? TIA

The actual mountain area is full of rocks that you chip away and find crystals.
Companies pay to excavate areas and they do collect and sell them.
When I went they had those places marked and you could not collect from
them. I believe they use dynomite as some areas are full of large chunks of rocks.
(Like a mountain made of loose broken up rocks)

http://geology.utah.gov/utahgeo/rockmineral/collecting/topaz.htm
http://www.utahoutdooractivities.com/topaz.html

hq3.jpg

StreeterTopazMay02-View.jpg

Utah29Topaz.jpg

RoxanaOre Roxana Orellana

Cadaver dogs and their handlers in Topaz Mt for susan Powell's search are heading home. They stayed extra days to help.
30 minutes ago

Map at of Topaz mt. search shows between 15 to 20 miles have been cleared by searchers. Today they looked west of the mt, now moving north.
29 minutes ago

Searchers have covered more ground than anticipated with extra help from Juab & Millard Cos. search and rescue volunteers.
27 minutes ago

Chuck Cox: Not giving up. He said probably will be in Utah until Tuesday when search will likely end at Topaz Mt. Out here at the mt today
16 minutes ago

Women find jacket in Topaz Mt. Lt. Merritt: Items found are checked by cadaver dogs. Dogs have not picked up scenton any of the items found.
18 minutes ago

Three handsome horses and a lovely mule just passed by. They're part of the search out here in Topaz Mt. They've been on the westside of mt.
7 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/RoxanaOre

do you think all this is an effort to get JP to actually leave again and go visit the right spot? What I mean is maybe she isn't in this area and they know it but are trying to provoke JP to make a slip either verbally or go somewhere for next clue?

Trying to catch up, but it seems some have eluded to Abbot actually seeing JP in the area a few weeks ago. Have we learned any more about what Abbot saw or is this just theory? Thanks! Lots of posts to read and can't find anything definitive.

Trying to catch up, but it seems some have eluded to Abbot actually seeing JP in the area a few weeks ago. Have we learned any more about what Abbot saw or is this just theory? Thanks! Lots of posts to read and can't find anything definitive.

Just theory. See thread for details.

So now they are searching base of Topaz Mountain? Dogs have alerted there to more human remains within past 30 minutes? I can't seem to copy link. All of this info just seems to run together.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-susan-powell-cadaver-dogs-again-indicate-presence-of-human-remains-near-topaz-mountain-20110918,0,1481938.story

Fox13 news

Cadaver dogs have indicated the presence of human remains during a search for clues into the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell near Topaz Mountain Sunday.

Officials say at least one cadaver dog has indicated on an area near what appears to be disturbed ground around the base of Topaz Mountain. Officials say that the area is not a grave.

Disturbed ground, but not a grave? What does that MEAN?? This is all driving me batty!! So press conf. in 20 mins, is that right?

Yes, fox13 at 430pm. It's so confusing. JP must be in shambles.

Looks like it was a false alarm!

Rest of the dogs checking the area didn't indicate anything.
17 minutes ago

Roxana Orellana
Update: Lt. Merritt says nothing there. It was all a miscommunication.
17 minutes ago
»
Roxana Orellana
If there is somethg there, process followed at the last site will start Lt. Merritt. "Right now we are not going to get anybody hopes up"
22 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Roxana Orellana
In the last hour or so a cadaver dog indicated on a spot about 7mls NE of the last site they excavated. More dogs are being taken to verify.

http://twitter.com/#!/RoxanaOre

If they stay out there long enough they may solve half the missing persons cases in Utah/Nevada.

Presser confirmed it was a false alarm.

Lt. Merritt via phone: One dog had mildly indicated at something. Was a dirt area in the middle of a grassy area. LE moved dirt around, no other dogs hit on the area and they are confident it's nothing. Could be there until Tuesday. Nothing in particular brought them to this specific area.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcerPacer
Back