GUILTY MI - David Montaldi for raping, beating 1yo girl, Mount Clemens, 2010

I live in Michigan about an hour or so drive from where this happened. I noticed that at the present time an osteopathic doctor named David Tyler Montaldi works at the hospital that my family and I go to! The doctor has a "general practice" and on the page where you rate the doctor, he was rated "very poor" by his patients. Is this the SAME doctor that hurt the baby??? If so, didn't he get convicted and sent to prison? This is scary to think he could work where we get our medical care! (At Genesys in Grand Blanc, MI).

When I saw this thread, I really didn't want to even look. This just makes me physically ill, as I am sure it does everyone here. I won't say what I want to happen to this monster.

I couldnt find any recent MSM articles about this guy. However I did an inmate search for Macomb County, and it appears that he is still locked up in county jail, so I am assuming no trial has happened yet. Next court date is scheduled for 1/10/2012. No justice for this baby girl yet.

I noticed in his booking photo that he is wearing a bulletproof vest it appears? Yeah, he needs one I guess.

Here is the link to his inmate page, hope it is ok to post it here.

http://itasw0aepv01.macombcountymi.gov/jil/faces/InmateSearch.jsp

I wonder if the doctor I found is a relative of his? The name is exactly the same.

I live in Michigan about an hour or so drive from where this happened. I noticed that at the present time an osteopathic doctor named David Tyler Montaldi works at the hospital that my family and I go to! The doctor has a "general practice" and on the page where you rate the doctor, he was rated "very poor" by his patients. Is this the SAME doctor that hurt the baby??? If so, didn't he get convicted and sent to prison? This is scary to think he could work where we get our medical care! (At Genesys in Grand Blanc, MI).

I saw that too. I think maybe that particular website is just not updated very frequently.

ETA: By that I mean, he used to work there, but obviously no longer does. His father is a doctor, but not a DO, and he does not have the same name.

I want this piece of pond scum underneath the prison.

When I saw this thread, I really didn't want to even look. This just makes me physically ill, as I am sure it does everyone here. I won't say what I want to happen to this monster.

I couldnt find any recent MSM articles about this guy. However I did an inmate search for Macomb County, and it appears that he is still locked up in county jail, so I am assuming no trial has happened yet. Next court date is scheduled for 1/10/2012. No justice for this baby girl yet.

I noticed in his booking photo that he is wearing a bulletproof vest it appears? Yeah, he needs one I guess.

Here is the link to his inmate page, hope it is ok to post it here.

http://itasw0aepv01.macombcountymi.gov/jil/faces/InmateSearch.jsp

Thank you so much MM and welcome to WS. If you hear or read anything locally, please post. Tia

Is it coincidental that his next court date is scheduled for his birthday???

Thanks fhc! I am going to keep an eye out for information on this case, and I will for sure post any updates. I had never heard about what happened to this poor baby until I saw this thread. It really shows how often horrible things like this seem to keep happening to children that a crime like this was barely a blip on the media or public radar. Makes me so sad.

Wow, I didn't notice that the court date is scheduled on his birthday! You are definitely more observant than I am.

This guy is on my list of about 250 cases to check each week. I have yet to see an update. I believe he is still locked up and the bullet proof vest was probably used on a day when he was transported to a hearing.

As far as the relative goes, yes, he is also a doctor. I believe that if you check back on our earlier posts, you'll find some info on that person.

I had really hoped to find an update on the toddler's health status but I haven't found that either. At first, we all thought that there wasn't much hope and then she seemed to improve. That's the last info I've seen reported.

Afaik, the case is still scheduled for next Tuesday, 1/10/12. Will be watching for justice.

http://itasw0aepv01.macombcountymi.gov/jil/faces/InmateSearch.jsp#

If someone here uses IE, would you please check to see if there have been any changes?

http://macombcountymi.gov/pa/

I checked, and the date of trial has been rescheduled:

The following event: JURY TRIAL - CRIMINAL scheduled for 01/10/2012 at 8:30 am has been rescheduled as follows: Event: JURY TRIAL - CRIMINAL Date: 01/18/2012 Time: 8:30 am Judge: BIERNAT JR, JAMES M Location: COURTROOM D - 3RD FLOOR

So, not a huge change in the date, still set for January. I wish I wasn't on the other side of the state. I would readjust my work schedule to go. :(

Trial for this guy starts tomorrow, 1:30 pm. I am hoping there will be something about it in the media so we can keep up with what is happening. Just thought I would remind everyone and bump this up. :)

You know what? I have all kinds of things I want to write, but sometimes words completely fail.

God Bless this little one and her family. I dont know what justice is going to look like here.

You know what? I have all kinds of things I want to write, but sometimes words completely fail.

God Bless this little one and her family. I dont know what justice is going to look like here.

There are no words for the kind of EVIL, that can do things like this to babies. There is no punishment severe enough.Mothers, you have to stop trusting your BFs......my son was 5 when his father died, and to date I have NEVER left him with a BF. No man on this earth is worth your child.......

David Montaldi's trial began today. I have searched and searched, NOTHING about it anywhere in the local media. I am assuming they will probably ignore it until the trial is over and the verdict comes in. I am trying not to let that happen though. I really makes me angry that this case has seemingly been forgotten. Everyone has just moved on to the next horrible case, I guess. :( I sent emails to several Detroit-area media outlets asking if they were going to cover this at all. As yet I have not received any responses. If I don't hear anything tomorrow, then I am going to start calling them, maybe that will get a response.
I looked at the court docket, jury selection started today. It is supposed to continue tomorrow. Snipped from the website:

HELD: PLACED ON RECORD, JURY SELECTION BEGAN, CONTINUE JURY SELECTION ON 1/19/12 @ 1: 30 PM The following event: JURY TRIAL - CRIMINAL scheduled for 01/18/2012 at 1:30 pm has been resulted as follows: Result: HELD-CRIMINAL Judge: BIERNAT JR, JAMES M Location: COURTROOM D - 3RD FLOOR Result Staff: Staff: COURT REPORTER: VIDEO Certification Number:

Oh, I also wanted to add: I looked up Montaldi's lawyer, Stephen Rabaut. He is a pretty high-profile criminal attorney in the area. He was the lawyer for Stephen Grant, who murdered his wife Tara Grant, then dismembered her and scattered her pieces in the woods. It was a really scary case, some of you may remember it. I was going to attach the Wikipedia article about it, but I forgot about the blackout today. :)

Here is an article I found on Stephen Rabaut http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20070308/METRO/703080375

ETA: Here is Tara's thread on WS:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47061&highlight=tara+grant

MM, i've been cking all day, too and only saw a brief on the Detroit news...nothing else. Glad you are staying on top of this and are local, in the same state, anyway.

I haven't been able to do much follow up on this the last 2 days, had to work when I wasn't scheduled. I did make 2 calls to media outlets last night, got voice mails, and no return calls when I got home today. Apparently this just isn't a priority for them. :(
David Montaldi's trial has been continuing though, from what I have been able to ascertain from the court docket. A jury has finally been chosen today and was sworn in. Court continues on Jan. 24th(Tuesday).
If anyone from the area knows of someone who I can call, a reporter, anyone, who may be willing to get more information about this trial, please let me know. I would be more than happy to make phone calls, send emails, etc. I know that justice is coming for this little girl (I hope anyways)but it would be nice to get a more personal and detailed aspect of what is going on.

http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/2012/01/20/news/doc4f1a04aa0cbd3313958636.txt

A jury was sworn in Friday after three days of selection in front of Judge James Biernat in Macomb County Circuit Court in Mount Clemens.

Assistant Macomb prosecutor Therese Tobin said Montaldi inflicted the severe injuries because they are inconsistent with a fall. The girl suffered multiple skull fractures, bruises on her face and torso, and tears in her vaginal area and anus.

Tobin noted that Montaldi called his girlfriend about 6:30 p.m. but never called 911.

The trial is scheduled to continue Tuesday.

How could you expect a medical resident to know enough to call 911-come on.

:burn:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back