AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
Now I am super confused lol. The affidavit says the first denial was 2/28/12. SK disappeared around 8:00pm February 1st. Card was reportedly stolen 2/2/12.

Ryanemsmom, thank you for letting me know my error. I definitely meant 2/28/12...not 10. Most definitely a typo. My brain gets all confused sometimes. I edited my original post. Sorry... :)

No, my friends this does NOT look good at all. :(

Prayers to the Koenig family.

Channel 2 News, KTUU.com
APD says a joint press conference with the FBI on Samantha Koenig will be held at APD headquarters at 6:30 p.m.; we'll have a live stream.

Kirsten Swann ‏ @kswannKTVA Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Heading to APD now...joint announcement with FBI about the Koenig kidnapping. They say it will be 3 minutes, no q&a. #searchforsam #ktva

3 minutes presser no Q&A? Not good, not good at all. Dammit.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/livestream/

Live stream 6pm news. One little bit where LE said searching for evidence. I missed most of what LE said, but there was no mention of a body.

Will live stream of the press release in 28 minutes.

http://www.ktva.com/home/top-stories/FBI-Searches-Matanuska-Lake-in-Con-145862065.html

Matanuska Lake for Evidence in Koenig Kidnapping Case
By Kirsten Swann
Bio | Email

Story Created: Apr 2, 2012 at 5:47 PM AKDT

Story Updated: Apr 2, 2012 at 5:54 PM AKDT

An APD press conference is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. tonight: This story will be updated as information comes in from the authorities.

PALMER - The search for 18-year-old Samantha Koenig brought the FBI to Matanuska Lake Monday afternoon.

A large area around the lake was cordoned off, and a handful of orange and white tents were set up along the ice. Agents removed large chunks of the frozen lake surface with saws and snow machines, and about 20 people stood across the ice. Darrin Jones, a spokesman for the FBI, confirmed the agents were looking for evidence in regards to Koenig's kidnapping February 1.

Nearly a month-and-a-half after surveillance video footage showed Koenig was abducted by an unidentified man from the Midtown coffee stand where she worked, 34-year-old Israel Keyes was arrested in Lufkin, TX, on access device fraud charges in connection with her case. Law enforcement officers found a stolen Visa debit card and rolls of cash in his car when they arrested him March 13, and he remains in federal custody while awaiting trial in Anchorage.

March 30, FBI agents seized a small shed from the driveway of Keyes' Turnagain home to search for forensic evidence in connection with the case.

This is a developing story.

I was confused by this when it was first discussed. If it credit union one card, and the reward account is at Denali Alaska how were these from the same bank? Am I missing something?:waitasec:

No you're not missing anything. They're not from the same institution. Back a page or 2 I explained it was my error. I was confused when I heard it mentioned that Denali was the first place ge withdrew money. It was purely my error.

Oh goodness, they had to have specific info to be searching where they are/were...

If she is there, I do hope they find her.

Oh goodness, they had to have specific info to be searching where they are/were...

If she is there, I do hope they find her.

I agree. It's crazy though bc it's a lake. Wouldn't it be frozen? Or is the search geared more toward the surrounding area?

I believe Matanuska Lake is a little over 30 miles north of Anchorage, very close to Palmer Alaska.

No you're not missing anything. They're not from the same institution. Back a page or 2 I explained it was my error. I was confused when I heard it mentioned that Denali was the first place ge withdrew money. It was purely my error.

Ok sorry! Not meaning to rub it in. ;) I thought I had heard it more than from you. Thanks for clarifying.

I agree. It's crazy though bc it's a lake. Wouldn't it be frozen? Or is the search geared more toward the surrounding area?

I just read they were removing large chunks of ice with saws and snowmachines...

People are already posting condolences on the fb page :confused:

I hope they're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members