FL - Adam Kaufman on trial for the murder of wife Eleanora Kaufman, 33

Brand new poster here..... can't tell you how refreshing to see a few people here who actually waited for ALL the evidence to be presented before jumping immediately on the GUILTY bandwagon!

I watched and commented on this trial at a different site and finally stopped talking as I was called a moron, an idiot, unintelligent....all because I wouldn't jump on board that bus straight to prison. I was never on the fence with this one.... and although a jury doesn't "technically" find a defendant "innocent" in my eyes Adam walked into that courtroom an innocent man and thank goodness he is walking out innocent....in this case.... NG .... does mean innocent....imo

The CA trial was a heartbreak! I am a full-time college student (no not law...lol) and so I only get to watch one or two trials during the summer.... last summer of course the Casey Anthony nightmare.... I just spent a few hours here reading how the members feel about the trial we just watched but when I read your post I just had to reply....

I feel pretty strongly that it was the prosecutions fault that Casey is a free woman.... I know in my heart she killed that beautiful little girl but the state just didn't prove it....imo of course.

I don't think that there are many absolutes in life and this next comment certainly isn't absolute.... but I do feel that for the most part when a guilty person goes free it is the prosecutions fault....

I love our legal system! It isn't perfect and admittedly I am really young and have little experience in dealing with the judicial system personally.... but I do believe that given a choice I would pick our system EVERY TIME!!!

So glad to be amidst fair minded, kind speaking (even when you disagree) people..... looking forward to sharing thoughts and opinions here!

Priss
i've lurked for a while, making sure that i wouldn't be attacked for differing opinions- just started posting here- but you are right, the atmosphere here is WAY different than on other sites- look forward to seeing your opinions posted here! :seeya:

-t-

Dr. Baden did address this. He said a young person doesn't usually have calcification which makes it less like to break, but he said Lina did have calcification as noted in the very first autopsy. I trust his judgement.

Beware!

What an unjust and shameful verdict. I don't care if he talks a good game- he strangled his wife to death. How nice of a guy can he be?

The mother-in-law never reported the fainting until trial. Thats suspicious. There is no evidence of any significant health issues. She just seems like a bought and paid for witness. She don't care if her daughter died- she is more concerned with the Defendant getting off. "I'm not surprised my daughter died." I think every other person in the world would be surprised by a 33 year old dying in such a way. She is cold and heartless.

Next, the fingernails were broke. The injuries on the neck. The fact Defendant is a big man whereas the dead wife is a small woman. He choked out someone during his college days. The magazines were pictured as being undisturbed. She did not asphixiate herself on the magazine rack- that is just impossible.

The perfect marriage testimony stinks to high heaven- nothing is perfect.

The Medical Examiner said this was a mechanical asphixiation. PERIOD. No accident or natural death. The defense witnesses ONLY get hired if they agree with what the defendant wants to hear.

Don't get me wrong there is a small doubt- but its not reasonable and therefore the Defendant should be guilty

I have a major problem with the Foreman. First of all, he is a Mediator. That is worse than a lawyer, lawyers usually don't serve on juries because they are thought of as too persuasive. This mediator basically convinced all of the other jurors of HIS theory. Thats what mediators do- get people to agree to something.

July 3rd, 2012 3:22 am ET

Interesting find from another blog:

I will copy and paste:

"According to my extensive speech pattern and lie detecting FBI/ secret service training, many indications are that his twin brother Seth is being truthful in his interviews. ( only 2 minor points of deception in 10 minutes of interviews ). It seems he may not know the truth. Their mother is certainly being truthful with 0 points of decption over 7 analyzed minutes. Sadly, all indications are that Adam Kaufman is guilty. His 911 call and subsequent post acquittal interviews scream deception. 27 points of deception over 43 minutes, many of which are incredibly high probability of guilt indicators".

July 3rd, 2012 3:22 am ET

Interesting find from another blog:

I will copy and paste:

"According to my extensive speech pattern and lie detecting FBI/ secret service training, many indications are that his twin brother Seth is being truthful in his interviews. ( only 2 minor points of deception in 10 minutes of interviews ). It seems he may not know the truth. Their mother is certainly being truthful with 0 points of decption over 7 analyzed minutes. Sadly, all indications are that Adam Kaufman is guilty. His 911 call and subsequent post acquittal interviews scream deception. 27 points of deception over 43 minutes, many of which are incredibly high probability of guilt indicators".

Link please.

Did anyone see the 48 hours episode on this tonight (Sat.)?

Did anyone see the 48 hours episode on this tonight (Sat.)?

:seeya: I watched it last night ... I know I am "alone" here but I think he is Guilty !

I totally understand that the prosecution did not have much and the investigation was botched ... BUT that does not mean he was "Innocent" ...

He was fortunate enough to have lots of $$$$$ to pay for high-priced defense lawyers, and the "usual suspect paid for hire experts" like Dr. Baden ...

And he got really "lucky" that he had a Pinellas 12 jury !

JMO, but I think there were some marital problems, but these problems had NOT surfaced yet ...

And JMO, but I think if Lina was seriously ill and had these "fainting spells", she would have gotten to the bottom of her illness because she had 2 young children ...

Oh, one thing that still stands out to me was his original defense : the "spray on sun tan" :waitasec: ...

Ah, but it didn't work, and even Baden couldn't make that one work !

All JMO and MOO

:moo:

:seeya: I watched it last night ... I know I am "alone" here but I think he is Guilty !

I totally understand that the prosecution did not have much and the investigation was botched ... BUT that does not mean he was "Innocent" ...

He was fortunate enough to have lots of $$$$$ to pay for high-priced defense lawyers, and the "usual suspect paid for hire experts" like Dr. Baden ...

And he got really "lucky" that he had a Pinellas 12 jury !

JMO, but I think there were some marital problems, but these problems had NOT surfaced yet ...

And JMO, but I think if Lina was seriously ill and had these "fainting spells", she would have gotten to the bottom of her illness because she had 2 young children ...

Oh, one thing that still stands out to me was his original defense : the "spray on sun tan" :waitasec: ...

Ah, but it didn't work, and even Baden couldn't make that one work !

All JMO and MOO

:moo:

Hi d.g.c...

I am not sure if he did it based on the evidence at trial. For a time I thought he might be guilty but had I been on that jury I would have voted Not Guilty. He may have gotten "lucky" in many ways but I do not think he had a Pinellas 12 jury. His jury went with the facts while the Pinellas 12 ignored some obvious facts and instead went with a story that had no basis whatsoever.

As for the spray on tan, they thought of it as a possible cause because it was something different--something she had not done before. I think in such a situation I might question whether it had anything to do with anything, too. Not that I have ever heard of anyone dying from a fake tan, but you never know when a person will have an adverse reaction to some chemical, even one that is assumed very safe and not something anyone typically reacts to.

So again, I would have had to vote Not Guilty. That does not mean innocent...but trials are for proving guilt, not innocence.

All JMO.

The ME's opinion and pics spoke enough for me. He walked away a free man. Sad.

I know this is an old thread, but I recently watched an episode of "Deadline: Crime with Tamron Hall" on this death. I came here and read the thread and still found myself confused for two main reasons, outlined below.

1- It's clear the investigators and prosecution missed evidence and presented considerable doubt at the trial.

2- The neck bruising in the photos, in my opinion, don't correspond to falling on magazines. They're in different places on the neck for someone to have only had impact bruising from a fall. The former prosecutor described the bruising as going all the way back to the spine. There are no photos of this, but if that's the case (which isn't far fetched looking at the photos), falling on the magazine rack/basket can't explain it.

(One thing a few people mentioned was that they wish they could have have seen the evidence photos of the neck bruising. They showed those on the show, as well as others from the crime scene, so I grabbed some shots as best I could on my phone to upload here.)

The other issue for me is the testimony of Dr. Baden. As some have mentioned, he may not be one whose testimony is as pure as the driven snow, given the hefty fee he collects. But I've been watching old episodes of the HBO show "Autopsy" which features him and many of his cases, and he seems to really be on the side of the truth, even if it isn't convenient. He also has explained his belief in the importance of experts for the defense because in case the ME/pathologist for the prosecution miss crucial element(s), every defendant deserves to have those mistakes caught. So to hear him testify during the Kaufman trial that the death "was not caused by unnatural causes..." "...not homicide..." gave me pause.

So this is my theory after thinking on it, looking at the photos and reading all the well thought out posts here. I would have to agree with one poster that it was an accident, maybe choking from a sex game, or an argument. That this event then caused Lina's body to react due to her cardiac scarring/issues, which resulted in the crime scene evidence of the foam/froth, and subsequent death. Maybe that happened right after the choking, maybe a while later- I really have no clue. I'm a layperson, so I don't have an understanding of how such a cardiac event would occur and its timing.

This is the best possible theory in my mind, that would explain all the elements above, the evidence, and Dr. Baden's finding that it was not homicide. Now if it was due to an argument it could possibly constitute manslaughter, but somewhat less likely with a sex game. The defense obviously did not choose either of those explanations, likely due to their potential legal implications. They hedged their bets on a ludicrous theory at first (spray tan), then a slightly less strange theory, but one the evidence doesn't explain. They lucked out with all the mistakes on the prosecution's side, and great defense attorneys. I think a defendant with less money might have been found guilty in the same situation.

Sorry for the long post- I've been thinking about this for some time before posting. Hope the pictures help anyone who was wanting to see them back during the trial.

------------
All JMO!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• neck 1.jpg
    neck 1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 44
  • neck 2.jpg
    neck 2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 49
  • neck 3.jpg
    neck 3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 50
  • neck 4.jpg
    neck 4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 46
  • magazine rack.jpg
    magazine rack.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 45
I, too, just watched an old Dateline, with TH...prob the same one.

I think he is guilty.
Why is it that we just see marks on her neck from 'falling in to the magazine rack' (leather container)? Why arent there marks on her face? her arms? other parts of her body from the fall?

I can see the deep impressions from her fingernails in her skin on her neck, she was trying hard to remove something, or someone from that area....jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back