Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

Any locals know if they are processing the husbands home?

More recent photo of Robin.

563464_10151383547698159_903453609_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151383547698159&l=820a116130

Dog's body supposedly found under the pier and the Sheriff has a last sighting (by the husband's account) at 11:00-11:30pm of the missing woman. Which I guess is when he says he left her in the house to return and call PD @2am.

Beautiful lady.

My immediate thought was that maybe she killed the dog then killed herself (like Mindy McCready recently did) but her body hasn't been found yet.

Or that someone took/harmed her & had to kill the dog in the process because it was protecting its mama & was a huge dog. If so, that's awful....I always think that if I was a single lady, I'd acquire a huge dog for protection. I love dogs, but have small ones. I heard someone say once a loyal, big dog is the best protection a woman can have because your own dog can't be turned on you, say the way your own gun might be used against you. (I'd have both.)

Beautiful lady.

My immediate thought was that maybe she killed the dog then killed herself (like Mindy McCready recently did) but her body hasn't been found yet.

Or that someone took/harmed her & had to kill the dog in the process because it was protecting its mama & was a huge dog. If so, that's awful....I always think that if I was a single lady, I'd acquire a huge dog for protection. I love dogs, but have small ones. I heard someone say once a loyal, big dog is the best protection a woman can have because your own dog can't be turned on you, say the way your own gun might be used against you. (I'd have both.)

But her husband says its HIS dog.

A commenter said on one of the news pages that there is a dog friendly bar nearby...the jetty's or something like that.

There are so many of these types of cases I find myself mixing them up sometimes.

I read on one of the FB pgs that her lovely dog was named "Bella"

Just broke my heart...

There is no way this can end well, sure hope to be wrong.

Unlimited treats and friends for you in doggie heaven Bella. I'm sure you were a wonderful and faithful dog.

Thanks fhc

That site provided some great images of the home and the search conditions.

5133bec5b8acd.image.jpg

5133bec8758f0.image.jpg

I wonder what belongings she was going to get at that time of night...

Did she bring Bella the dog with her or did the dog stay at WP's house?

From fhc's article:

The Great Dane, named Bella, had continued to live with Wayne Pope in the couple’s home after Robin Pope moved out, police said.

I bet the dog couldn't stay at the house she had moved in to.

Wayne Pope called the Queen Anne’s County Emergency Operations Center about 2 a.m.

That's 3 hrs that he needs to account for. She got there around 11:00 PM according to him.

Wayne Pope could not be reached for comment Sunday. Two numbers listed for him in public records were disconnected. A phone message left at Island Fence Co., which is listed at the same address, was not returned. The Queen Anne’s County Chamber of Commerce Web site lists Robin Pope as the owner of Island Fence.

Wonder if an impending divorce would cut him out of income from her business? I wonder if she were dead he would take complete control of the business?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...333286-8421-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394_story.html

BBM my remarks are bolded.

From fhc's article:

The Great Dane, named Bella, had continued to live with Wayne Pope in the couple’s home after Robin Pope moved out, police said.

I bet the dog couldn't stay at the house she had moved in to.

Wayne Pope called the Queen Anne’s County Emergency Operations Center about 2 a.m.

That's 3 hrs that he needs to account for. She got there around 11:00 PM according to him.

Wayne Pope could not be reached for comment Sunday. Two numbers listed for him in public records were disconnected. A phone message left at Island Fence Co., which is listed at the same address, was not returned. The Queen Anne’s County Chamber of Commerce Web site lists Robin Pope as the owner of Island Fence.

Wonder if an impending divorce would cut him out of income from her business? I wonder if she were dead he would take complete control of the business?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...333286-8421-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394_story.html

BBM my remarks are bolded.

I believe he has his own business

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth