Identified! TX - Austin, WhtFem UP11410, 20-40, on lake shore, Jun'13 - Magda Warski

That's my birthday! I celebrated it with family, so it's heartbreaking to think of Magda's family spending the day without her. :(

Maybe that is when they started worrying about her. I would go for awhile without chatting with my parents at that age, but they always made it a point to call me on my B'day.

This poor girl. I live in Austin, and remember the story about the kayaker and the body with tattoos. At the time, I thought - biker girl probably, in with the ROT rally - and forgot about it. When they ID'ed her the other night, I saw it on the local news and googled her name, discovering websleuths in the process. Does anyone know if she ever lived in Austin?

This poor girl. I live in Austin, and remember the story about the kayaker and the body with tattoos. At the time, I thought - biker girl probably, in with the ROT rally - and forgot about it. When they ID'ed her the other night, I saw it on the local news and googled her name, discovering websleuths in the process. Does anyone know if she ever lived in Austin?

Welcome jf137.
I don't know if the firefighters exam she took was in Austin.
Maybe somebody else knows?

San Antonio, I read somewhere on this thread. Would be interesting to know whether or not she was in Austin with the ROT rally. Seems a bit odd to leave home to kill yourself.

San Antonio, I read somewhere on this thread. Would be interesting to know whether or not she was in Austin with the ROT rally. Seems a bit odd to leave home to kill yourself.

SA and Austin are only about an hour or so apart. Austin has lakes. Maybe she just wanted to look out over the water.....

Austin has a river :) For lakes, you have to head up I-35 to at least eastern Kansas, but really Minnesota.

Agreed. She looks a bit like someone that I saw swimming in the early morning hours at a place in Austin called Barton Springs earlier this summer. But she looks a bit like a lot of people, I suppose.

If you google her name, once you get through the initial pages about the ID of her remains, you'll find links to results pages of races she participated in. She finished with really good times. She was a very dedicated runner.

I have some things in common with Meghann- for example, I'm eastern European/Slavic on one side of my family. I'm also a distance runner (but my times aren't as good as Meghann's; although granted she's a bit younger than me and seems to have been running since high school).

Her case makes me sad. I know the Marines were her dream, but she probably could have been an amazing personal trainer or school track coach. Mental illness probably didn't let her see any possibilities past the Marines. I think, since she wasn't reported missing for so long, that she must not have had many or any close friends where she lived in Texas. She must have also been very lonely. I know what that can be like. I also wonder if she was unemployed- no one seemed to notice she wasn't showing up for a job & look into her whereabouts or report her missing. It sounds like Meghann was going through a really tough time in her life and mental illness wouldn't allow her to see anyway out of it besides suicide.

Rest in peace, Meghann. You are free from what plaqued your mind here on earth.

What really makes me sad is that she was clearly missing for almost two months, a timeframe that included her birthday, and it seems that nobody filed a missing persons report. This speaks of a loneliness and isolation that is really profound. I just checked the Baltimore Sun, and there is still no death notice or obituary for her. Very sad story, this one.

What really makes me sad is that she was clearly missing for almost two months, a timeframe that included her birthday, and it seems that nobody filed a missing persons report. This speaks of a loneliness and isolation that is really profound. I just checked the Baltimore Sun, and there is still no death notice or obituary for her. Very sad story, this one.

Very.

Still no obituaries for this girl. This seems so strange and sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back