Update on Steve Thomas

So what's the update? Other than a mention of California it seemed to be a lot of words saying essentially nothing new.

tipper said:
So what's the update? Other than a mention of California it seemed to be a lot of words saying essentially nothing new.
What I read was, that Steve regularly turns down speaking engagements, and is now working in a management type position for a well known, public company in CA. He continues to have support from the LE community.

I'm glad Steve Thomas is here in CA. We need more quality individuals like him in our state. :D

I am glad to hear he is doing well and keeping in touch with only a select few on the case. Is his wife also in CA with him or is she still in Germany?

Regardless of writing a book and what people speculate, I will always believe that his heart was in the right place when he wrote it and I, for one was grateful for the knowledge of the real goings on, something nobody disputes.

tipper said:

I do think thats a fair statement Tipper ;)

SisterSocks

tipper said:

It's just your basic update. Everyone, including me, thought he was in Germany but he is on the west coast in a private industry. Sounds like he is getting his life back together to me. Finally.

tipper said:
Yeah, it would have been nice if the guy could have written a real letter to all those who supported him and bought his book.

Me thinks Thomas has had it with "Ramsey" and hopes he never hears that name again for the rest of his life.

IMO

BrotherMoon said:
God you people are so f#*@%^g ignorant.
Sheeesh BrotherMoon, you've been out drinking with BlazeBoy again and didn't invite the rest of us. We're PISSED!

My friends I am going to ask you to stay on topic please.

Thanks.

Tricia

from Steve thanking me for my contribution and a little general conversation when I sent him a few bucks for his defense fund. I have never regretted doing so - even though the case was settled - he still had to pay his lawyers. I was glad to help.

I have a lot of respect for Steve Thomas. If not for him, we wouldn't know to this day just how incompetent (or corrupt, IMO) the DA's office was.

Watching you said:
I have a lot of respect for Steve Thomas. If not for him, we wouldn't know to this day just how incompetent (or corrupt, IMO) the DA's office was.

Yeah, I believe that is what some people don't like about Steve. It's better to have a quiet scapegoat than to actually have to address corruption.
Corruption that benefited the Ramseys. Those Ramseys who are now running for political office.

Steve Thomas did not understand the case even though it was right in front of him.

He did not understand the Boulder culture even though he lived there.

He had no business publishing his theory.

He colllected many paychecks in Fantasy Land and then turned and said look what "they" did.

If he is "all that" he should surface and put a disclaimer on his theory, if not an outright retraction. He should admit where he srewewd up.

If you all think this case failed because of the keystone cops and a corrupt D.A. you're wrong. Hunter was a chapped lip, a$$ ki$$ing punk that sucked up to the power structure of Boulder county and C.U. alumni and alumnae.

That culture would rather sweep the Ramsey murder under the rug than admit it has a drug and philosophy of life problem.

A person cannot speak out against the cops or D.A. without directly attacking the Boulder culture. The power principle always usurps Truth and Justice.

Ultimately Thomas made a power play and a little girl's death was a lever. JonBenet gets used again and again, a fate first put in motion by her mother.

Thomas should be granted limited sainthood. The Governor of Colorado, whoever that may be, should never be seen as a savior of justice in this case, and there should never be any hope for anything positive coming out of Boulder concerning this case as the power structure is actively burrying it.

Please excuse my eccentricities as I get frustrated at the lack of awareness; this case was a deliberate act and the mindset in Boulder didn't see it, doesn't want to see it and actually prides itself in it's self imposed ignorance.

It's the worst case scenario all around, and it continues to get worse as Patsy seeks a legitimate life in church and John seeks a legitimate life in politics.

-about Steve Thomas. Sometimes good things do happen to good people. :)

Steve will never have to regret his work on the JonBenet case. He gave his all. He just couldn't overcome the FIX that was in from Day One. He was an honest man fighting a corrupt system.

Lou Smit :liar: will be facing his Maker one day very soon. I hope he can give as good an accounting of himself and his "work" on the Ramsey case as Steve can.

Ultimately Thomas made a power play and a little girl's death was a lever. JonBenet gets used again and again, a fate first put in motion by her mother.
Please post some facts to support your opinion that "...Thomas made a power play...." I've read not one iota that would suggest Thomas was trying to go for some "power" for himself. What type of power are you talking about?

Thomas LEFT, because of the wide spread coruption. Coruption, that the general public would still be in the dark about, if he DIDN'T write the story of the investigation.

It's a common thing that happens to whistle blowers in American society. Shoot the messenger.

Sprocket said:
Please post some facts to support your opinion that "...Thomas made a power play...." I've read not one iota that would suggest Thomas was trying to go for some "power" for himself. What type of power are you talking about?

Thomas LEFT, because of the wide spread coruption. Coruption, that the general public would still be in the dark about, if he DIDN'T write the story of the investigation.

It's a common thing that happens to whistle blowers in American society. Shoot the messenger.

Obviously you don't understand power so it wouldn't do much good to explain.

He wasn't trying to garner power, he went up against it. Whatever his motive was in the beginning it ended up being a question of power. He was there long enough to force some issues, ergo, he had to play their game to some extent. The longer one plays the more the game is played by the rules of power alone. Truth, justice, beauty, all that good stuff go out the window and all that remains is power. You might want to get brave and venture into literature, something like The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

Thomas didn't win, Thomas lost, Boulder won, Boulder is still winning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back