2009.04.15 Issues:w/JVM

chicagofa13

Reaction score
Lots being thrown out in the first 5 minutes so I thought I would start this instead of posting all over (which I was doing!). I apologize in advance if this is all old news...

Sheneman: Parents please come forward if any kids had inappropriate contact.
MH tries to commit suicide by swallowing 3 "Exacto" knife blades (?)
MH wrote mysterious note, "Cantu, suitcase, water".

Bob Moffet: MH has family visitors, refuses to see media, had been in hosp for 3 razor blades according to CBS. Are there other victims?? Please come forward.

David Begnaud: MH may have been involved in the production of *advertiser censored*, implication a child was drugged, MH suspected, police confirm open investigation, the cases are being blended in.

JVM: CNN can't independently confirm, please be cautious.

Paul Callan (crim defense): Stunning, usually males are pedophiles, this crime almost always male.

JVM: Janey, they have been looking at 60 child *advertiser censored* traffickers in Tracy area, what is going on?

Janey W: Problem with sex registry is it's too inclusive, too broad. People looking at pics as well as though having contact with kids all together. Very rare to have a woman pedophile. This woman is mentally ill, matter of what degree and how far.

JVM: Maybe trying to commit suicide shows you know right from wrong!! (YAY JANE!!)

Brenda Wade (psych): There are female pedo's, I've heard many cases in the privacy of my office, women molesting little boys and girls.

JVM: MH has a relationship with Christian S., arrested for obstruction, searched, in court docs described as abusive and alcoholic...

Janey W: Was she abused??? Was she a victim??

JVM: Don't know, she could have been reinacting.

BW: She has a history of mental problems, whether physically or sexually abused I'm not sure, my guess is both. She is acting out something she's been holding inside. Never seen combo of violent sex crime and murder with woman.

Wow...now that is some news. Glad TPD is finally confirming the report about the other child possibly being drugged and there is an open case on it.

The report of an investigation into child *advertiser censored* could have stemmed from people wanting the "Tracy60" case looked into and associated with this one. I will reserve comments on it until we get a confirmation from LE there could be something to that one. Until then...it is only a rumor.

By the way...please be cautious about how we are reporting about what was said on JVM. This is exactly the way David B. stated it as two separate things (child *advertiser censored* and the open case being blended about the child being drugged). I transcribed it word for word from my dvr so we would not mix it up.:

Reporter David Begnaud from KOVR stated, "We do know that parents have come forward to police alleging the suspect MH may have been involved in the production of some child *advertiser censored*. We do know that police are looking at that. We also know that there is a prior case of a child under the age of 10 that was drugged and there was an implication that MH was involved. Police do confirm there is an open case and that has now been blended in with this investigation."

Tomorrow on Issues, special coverage of Sandra's memorial.

Caller: Did pastor/grandfather know of her history, why was she allowed to teach?

Bob M: It's his granddaughter, he loves her very much, he was giving her a break, nothing to indicate this, etc. (defensive of pastor, IMO)

JVM: We can't confirm this child *advertiser censored*, anything on the ground?

Bob M: We are hearing it, we can't confirm, waiting for LE to confirm/deny.

Caller: Did Sandra see MH do something to her daughter and have to kill her to keep her quiet??

JVM: She had 4 different stories, why?

Steve Kardian (investigator): I suspect she had intimate details of the crime

JVM: What do you make of the 4 stories?

Steve: Par for the course with this, they try to cover up, etc.

JVM: Strange note found, suitcase belongs to MH, she admits she wrote note, etc.

Paul C: 4 different stories consistent with someone mentally ill. Very different from being legally insane (THANK YOU PAUL!!). Almost impossible to prove in Calif, have to prove you didn't know right from wrong, didn't understand nature and quality of act. A lot of people clinically insane do not pass that test.

Brenda: The person may be crazy but they aren't stupid.

JVM: Brenda, LE says to contact them if they are suspicious of contact with MH, but don't want to create false positives like the McMartin preschool case...

Brenda: Children would have shown signs, not wanting to go to Sunday School, shrink back from her, just have to address kids: Didn't MH ever touch you here, here and here. Very simple.

JVM: Don't ask leading questions!

Janey: Where are her parents? Why was she with grandparents? I'm sure LE asked the little daughter questions about abuse

No problem on the David thing, I was going to come back and edit, was typing as fast as I could!! That's why I said JVM says we can't confirm... :)

No problem on the David thing, I was going to come back and edit, was typing as fast as I could!! That's why I said JVM says we can't confirm... :)
You did an excellent job, too!! :blowkiss: (I was just trying to avoid the rumors from flying is all!)

I get sick of hearing experts blame crime on people being abused as kids. They usually reserve this for women, but men have no excuse. They never mention that people who were abused and go on to abuse could have inherited mental problems and personality disorders. Or, they may just be no good. Why does there have to always be some excuse and someone to blame with witch hunts starting up blaming some criminals parents.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is "JVM"?

Who is Jane Valez Mitchell? And who are the other people you refer to--like Paul?
I think this was a good idea for a thread. I found it very interesting but was confused by the names. I do know of Huckaby and Lawless and Christian.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is "JVM"?
LOL It isn't ignorance at all. We have developed our own WS lingo here and even have a whole thread dedicated to it! If you get confused now and then...go to search and put in WS Lingo. ;)

From the Transcript:
DAVID BEGNAUD, REPORTER, KOVR: We do know that parents have come forward to police saying that the suspect, Melissa Huckaby, may have been involved in the production of some child *advertiser censored*. We do know that police are looking at that.

We also know that there is a prior case of a child under the age of 10 that was drugged, and there was an implication that Melissa Huckaby was involved. Police do confirm that there is an open case. And that has now been blended in with this investigation.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, I have to say that CNN cannot independently confirm the reports that were just filed by KOVR, but they are stunning. And we`ve got to put it into perspective. We`ve got to be very, very careful here.

Paul Callan, when you hear this stuff, talk of kiddie *advertiser censored* allegations, and children allegedly being drugged, possibly, what do you make of it?

PAUL CALLAN, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, it is stunning, Jane. And one of the things that surprises me the most, having been involved in law enforcement for my entire career, pretty much, one side or the other, is that you never see female pedophiles. It`s always a male that commits this kind of a crime.

And I was talking to Steve about it as we were waiting to go on. He was also saying very rarely, if ever, has he seen a female pedophile. So what`s really shocking here is that a woman is charged with a crime like this. You almost never see it.

:thumb: Thank you everyone here for doing a thread on JVM! I just started watching her a bit ago and I find the show really interesting. The discussions are really thought provoking for me, and you get the reports on what is happening too.

Does anyone know who the psyc analyst is? She has light reddish hair and is maybe older. She sounds like she really knows her stuff, does she have a good reputation, is she someone that the more experienced sleuthers see as an authority?

The other sometime guest I find interesting is Vinnie something or other. I think that I have seen him on court TV, it doesn't hurt that he is cute :blushing:.

:star1: Anyway, thanks again for doing this thread, I hope I'll see another one.

Daisy, do you mean Pat Brown, the criminal profiler? Brenda Wade was her psych person on today, and she is black.

Vinnie Politano, old CourtTV guy, InSession now (I think?), subs for Galanos at 4 sometimes and guests on other shows.

To everyone, sorry for the names confusion, those are all talking heads (TH) and they come up quickly and I was typing fast and abbreviating. Just picture a TH and a host (JVM) and you can sub any of them for another, lol. ;)

txsvicki,I don't think these are "excuses" but definetely contributing factors...and they're important to know because if society knows these factors and takes them serious there's a better chance of preventing things to happen in the future.
I think that's the case for anything not just criminal profiling...

I think JVM is doing a real good job on this case. I wish her program would repeat like Nancy Graces's does. Nancy is still hung up on Casey Anthony and should be giving this case more time.

The fact that MH is a female and charged with such a horrific crime, makes most us want to know what would make a woman do this. I for one just have a hard time thinking she could do such a thing.

txsvicki,I don't think these are "excuses" but definetely contributing factors...and they're important to know because if society knows these factors and takes them serious there's a better chance of preventing things to happen in the future.
I think that's the case for anything not just criminal profiling...

That's funny 'cause it's pretty much exactly what I said in the thread about MH/first female pedo. So, I, for one, agree!! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back