50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for explaining believe09!

If his hair length was unknown nor if he had a barb would it not be an idea to make a photo shopped pic of him with barb and/or with longer hair?
Maybe people have known him for years with a barb and would not recognize him without it.

If he was legally blind when found and probably had been for sometime he could not have lived on his own, maybe he did have surgery at some point that did not work out and did not try it again, could he have been staying in a center for visually handicapped?

I was also thinking, who ever harmed him and took of his clothes may not want people to find out who he is, if his ID and clothes were taken from him, maybe his hair was cut and maybe his barb shaved, maybe he was left behind in another state on purpose.
Are there listings of people who died on or around the day he was found?
Maybe a life insurance was a motive, so many possibilities, such a strange case.

I love the idea of the photo shopped picture with longer hair!! We have pictures of him everywhere-do you know how to do this and can you post some results??

For me personally, the idea of an insurance scam or that he was a victim of someone close to him jumps the shark a little simply because it seems so convoluted.

FWIW-I envision Mr. Kyle as someone who was perhaps "in the system" as a young child....foster child, orphan or adopted. I wonder if his previous persona was as a loner-he was the manager of the grocery store that you always smiled at but never knew his name...that kind of thing. He strikes me as being tremendously learn-ed, but maybe in a self taught way to some degree. I mean the things he recalls, he knows the depth and breadth of them!!!!

I am of two minds regarding his cataracts-I think his field of vision was narrowing over time, but he has expressed to me the opposite view that they were traumatic in nature.

I think he was the victim of a crime that involved a stranger or strangers who are long gone-if he has a handle on his birthdate, then the date of his assault was pretty close to his birthday. I can envision him deciding to celebrate in a hotel while he was away from home and perhaps running into the wrong people...I do not think it is out of the question that he was slipped a roofie of some kind given his physical size, and his wallet and vehicle were taken. I think the lack of clothing could have been an attempt to delay his pursuit of them, or it is also possible that he removed them himself because of shock.

I wish I could go back in time and search that dumpster-I wish the first responders had done a better job of pursuing this as a crime rather than as a nuisance. We will never know if there were similar incidents because of the lack of cooperation of the local hotels and car rental agencies-they have a reporting structure whenever LE are called and they fight like cats to avoid any black marks. I suspect his luggage was auctioned or disposed of long ago.

I pray that this is the year that this humble, bright, funny man is given the means to move forward with his present identity or given his name back.

Peace...

Received a reply from my mom (the bank employee)--Mr. Kyle's photo didn't set off any immediate bells. She did say that he seemed familiar, but thought maybe that was because he looks like such a nice man. She'll let me know if she recalls anything of importance.

That being said, if banks haven't been specifically sought out to send flyers to, it might be a good idea. Mom was in "new accounts" but ended up having long-standing relationships with her customers--business customers in particular.

Not to have too much discussion on the thread specifically for questions for Mr. Kyle, WLS am could have been heard hundreds, possibly a thousand miles away.. thus Mr. Kyle's memory of hearing Dick Biondi on the radio is probably not relevent to tying a specific location. FWIW, Biondi was first on the air in Chicago from 60-63, went to LA in 64...... then had a syndicated show in 64-65 which reached 125 cities.

Hi All,

I spoke with Bob- and am going to send him some of Mr. Kyles information. I didn't have the opportunity to ask if R3 has currently expanded their market into the Colorado area, but he IS willing to see what he can do, and will contact some GM's in the Colorado area - and other GM's with Mr. Kyles info.

Hopefully I will get some feedback from him or other GM's in the business, as I will pass along the links for WS and give him permission to share my email address with others in the industry.

Actually, I think I will set up a new one specifically for this search for Mr. Kyle's identity.

PRAY! We get some results from this!

Thank you BOB! YOU ROCK!

Cubby

OK you number junkies-

Wikipedia has been updated to reflect the fact that BK had a partial recollection of an SSN. The Numbers are as follows:
3x5-44-xxxx.

For those of you who have been following the SSN number cracking debacle making the headlines, the rules regarding SSN creation is as follows:
The first three numbers represent the state the card was assigned in.
The next two numbers are the group number
The last 4 are the serial number.

http://people.howstuffworks.com/social-security-number2.htm

So for example,
303-317 State of Indiana

318-361 State of Illinois

362-386 State of MI

387-399 State of WI

Group numbers are used to break up the area numbers into smaller groups. They are 01-99....but then it gets better. The odd numbers between 01-09 were assigned first. Then even numbers between 10-98 were assigned next. (Mr. K's group) After that, the numbers 02-08 are assigned and then 11-99, odd numbers.

This is where I personally need help, lol-there is a website that will tell you the last set of numbers assigned for each year from 2003 up to 2007. The numbers have not wrapped around again, so at least that challenge can be set aside. I tried to use the SSDI index and the website to guestimate when Mr. K was assigned his SSN...meaning what year....figuring it might get us close to his birth year. For example, in the SSDI I put in an ssn of 305-44-001. This brought up a gentleman from Indiana who had been born in 1943.

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/employer/ssnvhighgroup.htm

RU With me so far???

SSOOOO, If Mr. K has remembered his numbers correctly his ssn will start:
305-44-xxxx
315-44-xxxx
325-44-xxxx
335-44-xxxx
ETC...

Can anyone think of a way to narrow this down that does not include going to SSA? I have spoken with many folks there who a lovely and wish they could help, but although they could likely take those numbers and take it down to a few given an age range, they cannot because of privacy.

Rock meet hardplace.

Call me confused, lol. I'll have to take a look at this again in a bit Believe. Where did I just read, (correct me if I am wrong) the first 3 digits of an SSN were generated based on the zip code from which the SS application was sent. Hmm.... which would lead me to wonder, with Mr. Kyles estimated birth year of 1948- did hospitals send out the request for an SS number at that time? Or, was it the parents that would have done so from home? Anyone know?

Which leads me to yet another question for Mr. Kyle - do any Zip Codes pop into his mind, if so, what are they? We can research where they were and cross reference the SSN that way possibly?

Thanks Believe!

ETA: I think I am incorrect about the zip code thing.... I think it was just state specific by year and not zip code specific in the coding of the SSN prefix.

Hmm.... which would lead me to wonder, with Mr. Kyles estimated birth year of 1948- did hospitals send out the request for an SS number at that time? Or, was it the parents that would have done so from home? Anyone know?

The parents would have done it from where they were residing, and they may not have done it for several years after the birth. I can still remember when I got my Social Security number. The IRS only started to require SSNs for dependents in 1987, which was the same year the SSA started to issue numbers at birth.

Combining the SSN information with his recollection of Indiana, then am I correct to think that his SSN is 305-44-XXXX or 315-44-XXXX? There are a lot of numbers for XXXX! LOL

You have Indiana and the number issued in the second group (44) for a starting point which is great. I have no idea where to go from there without a name or a date of birth.

I am overwhelmed with the staggering numbers of possibilites.

I found a site which lists the 3X5-44 numbers of SS, where and what years they were issued.
(can't copy the link, but this is from the site-

Decoding Social Security Numbers in One Step

Stephen P. Morse , San Francisco

As follow

305-44 IN 1958-1959
315-44 IN 1960-1961
325-44 IL 1965-1966
335-44 IL 1966
345-44 IL 1966
355-44 IL 1966-1967
365-44 MI 1960-1961
375-44 MI 1960-1961
385-44 MI 1961-1962
395-44 WI 1961-1962

Snipped from believes post above:
For example, in the SSDI I put in an ssn of 305-44-001. This brought up a gentleman from Indiana who had been born in 1943.

A man born in 1943 first having an SSN issued in 1958 or 1959, would indicate to me he first needed an SSN when applying for work at either 15 or 16. IIRC people were allowed to work with a work permit at age 15. I'm unsure if that was specific to a state, or a federal law. Thus, leading me to believe Mr. Kyles SSN would either be the 305 or 315, if issued in Indiana, but why would a person need a SSN at 10 or 11 if Mr. Kyles estimated birth year is 1948? An IL issued SSN of 325,335, or 345 would make logical sense if Mr. Kyle were residing in IL or near the IL/IN border when first applying for a job at 1965 at the age of 16. Most likely a 325 prefix- which was issued the year he would have been 16.

Thoughts on where we might be able to go from here with this?

These came up in the death index for 305-44- with a Powell surname:

Herman Powell, birth: 8-30-1939, death: 4-6-08, Last residence: Richmond, Wayne County, Indiana.
Dorothy E. Powell, birth: 7-14-1942, death: 4-24-2008, last residence: Connersville, Fayette County, Indiana.
Marguerit Powell, birth: 3-28-1911, death: 1-1986, last residence: Shreveport, La.
Ronald D. Powell, birth: 11-14-1941, death 10-18-2004, last residence Madison, Jefferson, In.

This one came up in the death index for 315-44- with a Powell surname:

RUSSELL T POWELL, birth: 23 May 1944, death: 18 Nov 2000 (P), last residence: (72), Issued in Indiana.

These came up in the death index for 305-44- with a Powell surname:

Herman Powell, birth: 8-30-1939, death: 4-6-08, Last residence: Richmond, Wayne County, Indiana.
Dorothy E. Powell, birth: 7-14-1942, death: 4-24-2008, last residence: Connersville, Fayette County, Indiana.
Marguerit Powell, birth: 3-28-1911, death: 1-1986, last residence: Shreveport, La.
Ronald D. Powell, birth: 11-14-1941, death 10-18-2004, last residence Madison, Jefferson, In.

This one came up in the death index for 315-44- with a Powell surname:

RUSSELL T POWELL, birth: 23 May 1944, death: 18 Nov 2000 (P), last residence: (72), Issued in Indiana.

Great idea carolwood. It's possible that either Herman or Ronald could be siblings of Mr. Kyle. I think I'd nix Marguerit, since she passed away in 86 having lived so close to the ocean. I'd think Mr. Kyle would have visited the ocean, and his mother, long before 2004.... (if that makes sense)

Because Mr. Kyle has specific memories of the Indiana fair, is there a way to search those Powells, born in Marion County IN? either siblings who might be close in birth year, (10 years either side of 1948) or parents old enough to have bore children in those years. I forget if Mr. Kyle remembers his birth order. Where his brothers older, younger, both?

Hmmmm....... got the mind thinking.

Without the powell surname there are 2169 people in the death index for 305-44.

Without the powell surname there are 1722 people in the death index for 315-44.

Great idea carolwood. It's possible that either Herman or Ronald could be siblings of Mr. Kyle. I think I'd nix Marguerit, since she passed away in 86 having lived so close to the ocean. I'd think Mr. Kyle would have visited the ocean, and his mother, long before 2004.... (if that makes sense)

Because Mr. Kyle has specific memories of the Indiana fair, is there a way to search those Powells, born in Marion County IN? either siblings who might be close in birth year, (10 years either side of 1948) or parents old enough to have bore children in those years. I forget if Mr. Kyle remembers his birth order. Where his brothers older, younger, both?

I am on it. I will do a obit scan and see what comes up...

Herman Powell, obituary:

RICHMOND, Ind. -- Herman Powell, age 68, of Richmond, died Sunday, April 6, 2008, at his residence with his family and friends at his side.

He was born Aug. 30, 1939, in Rock Castle County, Ky., to Matt and America "Merkie" Owens Powell and had resided in Richmond since 1959.

Herman worked for the Richmond Casket Co. over 10 years and retired as a boiler repairman at the Richmond State Hospital after 20 years.

He was an active member of Full Gospel Chapel where he served as trustee. Herman enjoyed his church, raising, caring for and training horses and spending time with family.

Survivors include his wife of 48 years, Kathleen Scott Powell; son, Michael H. Powell of Richmond; granddaughter, Becky Powell of Richmond; brothers, Matt (Ruby) Powell Jr. and Ray (Barbara) Powell, both of Mount Vernon, Ky.; sisters, Ethel (Bill) Day of Liberty, Ind., Mildred (Roscoe) Himes of Orlando, Ky.; six nieces, Linda Neal, Kim Sexton, Mona Powell, Carla Gully, Carolyn Holt and Sandra Himes; five nephews, Melvin Powell, Zandel Powell, Ricky Day, Roy Lee Day and Alvin Day; special brother-in-law, David (Erma) Scott of Cincinnati, Ohio; and a host of friends.

He was preceded in death by his parents.

Funeral service for Herman Powell will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 9, 2008, at Doan & Mills Funeral Home, 790 National Road W., Richmond, with Pastor Darrel J. Hurst officiating. Friends may call from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial will be at 1 p.m. Thursday, April 10, in Corinth Cemetery, Orlando, Ky.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Full Gospel Chapel, 915 Mendleson Drive, Richmond, IN 47374, or the American Cancer Society, Wayne County Unit, P.O. Box 689, Columbus, IN 47202.

Condolences may be sent to the family via the guest book at www.doanmillsfuneralhome.com

040808-29660596-300

no obit for Ronald on ancestry.

Originally published April 8, 2008

Thinking out loud:

For some reason, I keep thinking he was possibly born in Indianapolis area and later moved to the NW Indiana area. Why else would he have a specific memory regarding Michael Jackson and being exactly 10 years to the day older than him? Mr Kyle seems a little too old to have been into the Jackson 5 during their prime years.... and his memory, ( also recently updated at Wiki ) of the house on the rock, in Spring Green Wisconsin, is not far from Madison, and the Wisconsin Dells area- which had the Tommy Bartlett Water show back in the day. I can't see someone from the Indianapolis area 'vacationing' near Madison WI. Just so far of a drive. I see that trip much easier from the NW area of IN or NE IL.

The last census online and available to view is 1930. 1940 will be out at the end of this year.

The last census online and available to view is 1930. 1940 will be out at the end of this year.

With an estimated birth year of 1948, it is very likely Mr. Kyles parents would have been born by 1930- making them both 18 at the time of his birth in 1948. Is it possible to look up Powells in Marion County for the census year 1930? I do not have access to the census, but could ask someone here who is on another forum if she could get the info for us if no one else is able.

I don't think that Herman Powell is related to BK, based on the dates and locations... jmo though. TY Carolwood for looking up the info!

The parents would have done it from where they were residing, and they may not have done it for several years after the birth. I can still remember when I got my Social Security number. The IRS only started to require SSNs for dependents in 1987, which was the same year the SSA started to issue numbers at birth.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People Benjaman Kyle's age did not apply for their ssn until they were ready to go to work. For most of us, that was around age 16.
I did at age 16 with my best friend. Our ssn's are one ending digit apart, as the local ssn office just typed them out right then and there.

If Benjaman K was born in 1948, he was 16 in 1964.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23