Deceased/Not Found Canada - Lyle, 78, & Marie McCann, 77, Alberta, 5 July 2010 #1 *T. Vader guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I found some surnames in north Edmonton that are not far from St. Albert, Alberta.
hmmmm :waitasec: trying to figure out why you quoted my post. You mean you found some town's names north of Edmonton that you want me to add to my map?

or do you actually mean surnames, as in last names? If that is the case, I'm sorry, I really fail to see what is the relevance of quoting my MAP to make that statement.

Also, could you give us a 'hint' of what those surnames are. At least tell us if those surnames have any connection to the McCanns or to TV or any other case? Thanks!

hmmmm :waitasec: trying to figure out why you quoted my post. You mean you found some town's names north of Edmonton that you want me to add to my map?

or do you actually mean surnames, as in last names? If that is the case, I'm sorry, I really fail to see what is the relevance of quoting my MAP to make that statement.

Also, could you give us a 'hint' of what those surnames are. At least tell us if those surnames have any connection to the McCanns or to TV or any other case? Thanks!

That map was helpful. Thank you. I started realizing some surnames connected with this case have Edmonton addresses on the north side, not too far from that highway and St. Albert. And a sibling had stated in the media that a POI in the case had spent time in Edmonton the week the McCanns disappeared. Interesting.

That map was helpful. Thank you. I started realizing some surnames connected with this case have Edmonton addresses on the north side, not too far from that highway and St. Albert. And a sibling had stated in the media that a POI in the case had spent time in Edmonton the week the McCanns disappeared. Interesting.
oh, ok, fair enough :)
FWIW, the reason I updated the map was because of the following post:

Today, July 19, 2010 person of interest Travis Vader was taken into custody in MacKay, Alberta by the R.C.M.P. Vader was apprehended on outstanding warrants and is being questioned in connection to the missing McCann couple. According to geographic criminal profilers, the McCanns should be found within a 30 km radius of the burned motor home. Hopefully alive. edmontonjournal.ca

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5424746#post5424746

Regarding the sibling, IIRC, didn't she have a different surname?

oh, ok, fair enough :)
FWIW, the reason I updated the map was because of the following post:

Regarding the sibling, IIRC, didn't she have a different surname?

In many cases lately, people use several different surnames, sometimes simultaneously. Some even go by nicknames. I've even learned that the term "sister" can mean different things. Go figure.

Search for missing couple not over, RCMP say
July 25, 2010 6:01 PM

EDMONTON — A day after a candlelit “vigil of hope” for a missing elderly Alberta couple, RCMP officers are reassuring the public their search for Lyle and Marie McCann is not over.

Rumours that police have stopped searching for the McCanns are false, RCMP spokeswoman Doris Stapleton said Sunday.

“To be really clear, the forensic search of the arrest site and at the Nojack campground have been completed,” Stapleton said.

“However, I want it to be very clear to everybody, the search for the McCanns has not ended and will never end until we find them.”

Read more:
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Search+missing+couple+over+RCMP/3321542/story.html#ixzz0ujtzRozf

Just finished reading this whole thread...wow lots of info. Has anyone made an astrology request here on WS? I hope the McCanns are found soon!

I'm wondering when/if TV will be charged with anything relating to the McCanns. He's in custody on other matters, so I guess there's no rush.

I'm wondering when/if TV will be charged with anything relating to the McCanns. He's in custody on other matters, so I guess there's no rush.

Could LE possibly be waiting for forensic testing to come back before they can slap any other charges on TV? There has to be something that led them to TV in the first place to call him a POI after the RV was found. In one news article from the weekend, it was stated by LE that it can take quite a bit of time for forensic testing to be completed.

I am sorry to see that McCann's have not been found yet. I am hoping they will come home to their family soon. :-(

I am wondering about the veracity of this reporting. I wonder if TV's "girlfriend" has been interviewed?

CTV News has heard the same story from multiple sources in the small town of Peers, Alta. They say Vader showed up in the small town last week to a certain residence and was driving a Hyundai.

The man who lives at the home is known locally as 'Bandana Dave,' a friend of Vader who continues to deny that the man was ever in the small town.

CTV News has also been told that Vader was in the company of a female, described as his girlfriend.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100723/edm_vader_100723/20100724/?hub=CalgaryHome

I wonder about the why. Somebody probably had the RV + car for at least 24hrs. Logically they're not going to be cruising with an RV - so were was it. They wanted the car to use so they would keep it "clean" inside, also it was not torched.
What is so important in Peers, or were every the car went to expend all this bad energy?
Many people before they take a trip get their autos serviced. The mileage is always noted, this could answer a few questions, if they did service their autos.
Were the buildings torched for a reason or to just add confusion.
My parents are the same age, they like to take long road trips. It's stressfull plus their driving skills are not what they used to be. - wish they'd fly.

Sorting out possible tips from well-intended messages of support is time-consuming, and every word from soft-spoken Bret testifies to his exhaustion. “But what I’m kind of dreading,” he admits offhandedly, “is the day the reporters don’t call.”

The McCanns’ planned journey was one that Lyle could probably have captained in his sleep. He spent most of his working life as a long-haul trucker, and the roads leading over the Rockies to the coast were his bread and butter; he had an archaeologist’s knowledge of the year-to-year changes along the Yellowhead Trail.

Lyle and Marie Ann, who have lived in St. Albert since 1964, intended to meet daughter Trudy Holder at the airport in Abbotsford, B.C., on July 10.
No one thought there was a need to keep tabs on the independent, healthy pair while they were in transit. But the McCanns are meticulous and considerate, so their daughter immediately sensed trouble when they missed their rendezvous. The children—Trudy, Bret, and Lance, who inherited his father’s St. Albert-based trucking business about a decade ago—made a call and discovered that Lyle and Marie Ann had also failed to make a planned stopover with older friends in Kelowna the previous day.

....an RCMP officer was able to retrieve the registration card.

.... More than mere time was lost as a result of the error; the removal of the vehicle (rv) from the clearing also compromised a possible crime scene.

Area residents concurred with the police’s evaluation of Vader, painting a complex picture of a hard-working, intelligent kid from a good family who had gone on to become a successful drilling consultant. With the downturn in the Alberta oil patch, Vader was forced to sell his equipment and had become an ominous, short-tempered presence haunting the hotel bar in Niton Junction. When the police held a Friday night community meeting in MacKay to discuss the hunt for Vader and to share information, Vader’s own father, according to the Edmonton Journal, warned attendees that “if you tried to corner [my son] out here, you would be dead.” But this proved false: when the police located Vader at a rural residence near Niton Junction on Monday, RCMP and Edmonton Police Service tactical units swooped in, arresting him and another individual without incident.

Unless Vader has answers, the vigil will continue for the McCann family. The police, though suspecting the worst, have not specified why they want to question Vader. There have been no confirmed sightings of Lyle and Marie Ann since July 3, and no physical trace of them was found in either vehicle. “We’re trying to focus on the chance that my parents are somewhere out there, maybe in the bush,” says Bret. “My dad is in his late seventies but he’s very vigorous. He’s getting a bit frail, but just a couple weeks ago he was here cutting down trees in my yard. He’s resourceful. If he’s out there, I’m confident he can take care of Mom.”

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/07/26/searching-for-answers/

I know this won't be a very popular speculation, but I do indeed wonder if Mr.McCann isn't out there somewhere, after something accidental may have happened with Mrs.McCann. I have thought this since the beginning, but, I am sure it is just my imagination in overdrive, as there doesn't seem to be anything to indicate any sort of issues there. By all accounts the McCann's were of sound mind and happy.

I just wonder if there weren't 2 (or 3) seperate crimes here?

Mr.McCann being so well versed in both travelling in the RV and on that highway, along with being resourceful, just makes me wonder.

Hoping for the safe return of both the McCann's today.

Many people are hoping the McCanns are still alive. Things are not positive at this point, IMO. I agree with you that more than one crime may have been committed.

Dressed in blue remand coveralls, Vader smiled and nodded at his sister, who sat in the gallery. He told the judge he has a lawyer and his case was put over until Aug. 10.

Bobbi-Jo Vader, who was joined outside court by her foster mother, said her brother has been on the run from authorities for a long time, often sleeping rough in the bush. She said it was a relief when he was arrested July 19 because life on the run was taking a toll on him.

She said her brother stayed with her in Edmonton from July 4 to July 9. He needed to rest and eat, and he wasn’t driving the McCanns’ green SUV when he arrived, she said.

“I just feel really sad for the guy. I just hope one day he gets his life sorted out,” she said.

“Meth wrecks your life.”

Bobbi-Jo Vader said police have contacted her but haven’t told her anything about their investigation into the McCanns’ disappearance.

Read more: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Vade...fers+support/3328148/story.html#ixzz0uu5GwxJY

Dressed in blue remand coveralls, Vader smiled and nodded at his sister, who sat in the gallery. He told the judge he has a lawyer and his case was put over until Aug. 10.

Bobbi-Jo Vader, who was joined outside court by her foster mother, said her brother has been on the run from authorities for a long time, often sleeping rough in the bush. She said it was a relief when he was arrested July 19 because life on the run was taking a toll on him.

She said her brother stayed with her in Edmonton from July 4 to July 9. He needed to rest and eat, and he wasn’t driving the McCanns’ green SUV when he arrived, she said.

“I just feel really sad for the guy. I just hope one day he gets his life sorted out,” she said.

“Meth wrecks your life.”

Bobbi-Jo Vader said police have contacted her but haven’t told her anything about their investigation into the McCanns’ disappearance.

Read more: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Vade...fers+support/3328148/story.html#ixzz0uu5GwxJY

Aren't there laws about harbouring fugitives? If this sister would have turned him in earlier, I wonder what the outcome might have been. Are charges pending against the sister? Or is she a minor child?

Now if you go to http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/video/index.html and click on the news link for July 18th newshour, at about the 7 minute mark, they claim Vader's sister said she was with him from July 4-11! I wonder who isn't keeping their story straight here?! Also in earlier news articles his sister Alicia said her and her family have no idea where TV was and don't expect to hear from him, and yet Bobbi-Jo says he was with her. I am also wondering what was TV driving when he arrived at Bobbi-Jo's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd