Billie texts Clint about trading custody for house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I just realized that the same woman who thinks her daughter was kidnapped and sold into a sex trade is now trying to sell HD and DD to CD. Talk about a hypocrite! Unbelievable.

Actually if that happened LE can get Clints cell records and smack another charge against her.

Clint, please file for that divorce, that you should have done 3 years ago.
You have priorities, that need to be taken care of.
Yes you have a daughter that is missing but you also have one that's not and a mother of that child.
Quit standing up for the mother of your missing child.
Divorce her, make a home for your daughter and her mother.
Get a job, people of missing children are still able to work.
Billie is not your concern now, don't give in to her, just get that divorce, I'm sure if Hailey was to return you will have no problem getting full custody of her.

The house isnt worth alot so she must not put much value on the kids-get 2 of them. She is a piece of work.

Is it not illegal to "trade" children for an object of monetary value???

Don't believe, if true, that this would be the first instance where a parent gives up custody rights (not that BJD has custody of DD right now, nor CD entitled to custody of him), in exchange for marital property.

Okay-- question about law fees: Are lawyers as expensive in Texas as they are other places?

Because, straight up-- that house isn't worth much. mo

I don't see how BD's son can be used as leverage at all. IMO, where he lives or doesn't live, isn't up to her. This is sad. It seems that she's shedding her old life and starting her new life. Actually, I think Clint might have a legal claim to the house without her 'generous' offer, because I doubt her living there alone, without the children was part of the child support agreement. I'm thinking about BD saying things like 'my house', and 'my living room',... I'm sorry but this seems like a ploy...a way for BD to get what she can, before Haleigh is found. MOO.

Okay-- question about law fees: Are lawyers as expensive in Texas as they are other places?

Because, straight up-- that house isn't worth much. mo

Pro bono lawyers in Texas, cost the same as pro bono lawyers in any state.

My question is:

1. How do you give someone custody of a child that is missing or deceased?

2. DD is not Clint's biological child. Did Clint adopt him? If you hand over the child, don't you have to get the biological fathers permission first? I didn't know you could give away children.

IMHO, I believe DD is in a good posiiton to determine where he wants to live, and any judge would be willing to take his preference into favour.

I just don't understand how BJD could do this legally.

Thanks,

Mel

ETA: does anyone think it odd that you would even broach the subject of children in exchange for a home in a TEXT MESSAGE? That goes way beyond my logic of thinking ;)

BECAUSE it was said to be a text message, there is some question as to WHO actually sent it. Maybe Billie did, but without a voice call or a handwritten note, it could technically have been anyone. Playing Devil's Advocate here...

Also, I happened to notice in the IRS instruction book that parents of missing or kidnapped children can continue to claim them as tax deductions/exemptions, and toward the child tax credit. Custody of a child also (missing or otherwise) enables a parent raising the kid(s) alone to file as "Head of Household" at a lower rate. I'd guess Clint currently gets the EIC and maybe even poverty-level credit, ESPECIALLY with 2-3 kids. The house is paid for... and worth less than $40K, so maybe Billie feels that, in the long run, it is a win-win situation, providing Clint with additional income (assuming he is receiving public assistance of some sort) as well as a huge tax break... to the point of not paying taxes at all, and possibly even getting money back.

I don't think this is kosher. I don't know for sure that Billie made this suggestion, or what her state of mind may have been if she did, but certainly now that she has an attorney, I'd have expected him to counsel her against something so ... well, IDIOTIC (I won't use the "R" word that that family seems to throw around... noticed even Richie used it on the BTHN show)!

If she did, I assume she is pretty desperate. I'd have expected her to want to get OUT of that house, and far from CCity, to be honest. It seems an odd thing for her to suggest. Why not keep the kids out of it and suggest they sell the house now that she has painted and redecorated?

Sorry. I think it is unconscionable for a mother to trade her child for ANYTHING, EVER. Almost as unthinkable as a mother covering up information concerning her partner's involvement in harming her child... At this point, I HOPE it isn't true.

I don't see how BD's son can be used as leverage at all. IMO, where he lives or doesn't live, isn't up to her. This is sad. It seems that she's shedding her old life and starting her new life. Actually, I think Clint might have a legal claim to the house without her 'generous' offer, because I doubt her living there alone, without the children was part of the child support agreement. I'm thinking about BD saying things like 'my house', and 'my living room',... I'm sorry but this seems like a ploy...a way for BD to get what she can, before Haleigh is found. MOO.

I've seen and heard the use of this phrase in a couple before. The wife owned the house outright before the marriage, but when ever he spoke of the house......it was "my house". Big, big red flag!

I hope some attorney will embrace CD pro bono and put a stop to this nonsense. Isn't there legal aid or something for CD to do? This is just more garbage for CD to go thru vs looking for HD and should be the eye opener to BD's frame of mind now.

Above BBM.. I second that wholeheartedly!!! I certainly hope that there are still some good hearted ppl whom happen to be attys that would offer their services for something positive for the children involved{for the first time this would mark a possibility of a move that would be positive for any child involved in this nightmare of a case}..and I am speaking of DD and his future being secured and stabilized.. Meaning thus far IMO we've seen attys come forward to ensure the rights of those most likely responsible for most likely the death of an innocent 13yr old child who happens to be DD's only sibling.. So am praying to God that an atty would offer his services for the good of the child{DD} most importantly..by representing Clint in some very good advice on how to approach and handle this situation at hand{i.e. Billie's cold and sick bargain of two childrens lives in exchange for full rights and ownership to Clint's home{thru it being willed to him in an inheritance}as well as never paying a dime towards the well being of either of her birthed children DD and Hailey}..

I would think that moving forward immediately with the dissolution of the marriage btwn BD/CD would be the best bet..and thru these proceedings show to the court that Billie has offered a "bargain" thru text involving both her children's custody..support..equaling their entire well being of said children..and then easily proving to the court that Billie infact has no legal custody of either of these children whom she has chosen to use thier lives and well being as a bargaining chip.. With DD being removed from her custody[with docs sealed w/details of his removal..that the courts can unseal and see for themselves the actual and true reason for DD's removal and placement of custody outside of Billie's home}.. and that Hailey has "disappeared" while in her custody..very likely by the man whom she brought to live in the home with her two innocent..minor children..therefor Hailey is neither in Billie's custody..

Thus easily proving that Billie infact has no leverage with which to "bargain" with.. Hopefully the courts would then proceed forward in awarding Clint the possible "shared custody" with himself and part of Billie's family{i.e. his temp guardian Roger} or award him outright full custody of DD..I would think that the judge would greatly take into acct DD's wishes for this decision on whom he would legally reside with and be under their guardianship for the next 18mos{as he will be 18 and no longer a minor at this time}.. I have no idea how the courts would handle Hailey's custody..seems as tho it would be simple that it would be granted sole custody to bio-dad Clint..of course upon her returning(sad to say most realize this is not a possibility..heartbreaking)..

And that once awarded custody of the children..along with his providing for a 3rd child..his bio-daughter with Naomi.. I would definitely think that the courts would then see fit to evict Billie from any rights to said property that she has attempted to bargain her children's lives for..And award Clint full ownership and rights to the property that is rightfully his thru inheritance..

Would most not agree that this would/could be fairly easily handled in family court?? and that most likely the outcome would be similar to what I outlined above??

So IMO what needs to happen to get the ball rolling for this process to begin is what I stated in my opening sentence..That a good hearted person whom happens to be an atty with expertise in family court to offer their services to Clint Dunn..most importantly for DD's best interest and to quickly set-up and provide stability for this child who most likely needs to be receiving intense therapy to even begin to deal with the entire gamut of abuses..neglect..and traumas that he has experienced throughout his short lifetime{Bless his heart}..

Of course all Jmo tho!

BECAUSE it was said to be a text message, there is some question as to WHO actually sent it. Maybe Billie did, but without a voice call or a handwritten note, it could technically have been anyone. Playing Devil's Advocate here...

Also, I happened to notice in the IRS instruction book that parents of missing or kidnapped children can continue to claim them as tax deductions/exemptions, and toward the child tax credit. Custody of a child also (missing or otherwise) enables a parent raising the kid(s) alone to file as "Head of Household" at a lower rate. I'd guess Clint currently gets the EIC and maybe even poverty-level credit, ESPECIALLY with 2-3 kids. The house is paid for... and worth less than $40K, so maybe Billie feels that, in the long run, it is a win-win situation, providing Clint with additional income (assuming he is receiving public assistance of some sort) as well as a huge tax break... to the point of not paying taxes at all, and possibly even getting money back.

I don't think this is kosher. I don't know for sure that Billie made this suggestion, or what her state of mind may have been if she did, but certainly now that she has an attorney, I'd have expected him to counsel her against something so ... well, IDIOTIC (I won't use the "R" word that that family seems to throw around... noticed even Richie used it on the BTHN show)!

If she did, I assume she is pretty desperate. I'd have expected her to want to get OUT of that house, and far from CCity, to be honest. It seems an odd thing for her to suggest. Why not keep the kids out of it and suggest they sell the house now that she has painted and redecorated?

Sorry. I think it is unconscionable for a mother to trade her child for ANYTHING, EVER. Almost as unthinkable as a mother covering up information concerning her partner's involvement in harming her child... At this point, I HOPE it isn't true.
I agree with you, but I'm not so sure I think trading her kids is necessarily unconscionable. There's a slim chance that she doesn't know for sure where Hailey is, & if by some miracle she makes it home, I'd personally like that home to be somewhere besides BD's. I know that's probably a fairy tale, but there still is a small glimmer of hope. What bothers me & almost wipes out that little glimmer, is hearing how much Hailey wanted to live somewhere else. Why now??? Why not during the holidays? CD probably would've jumped at the chance. As for BD's son...this probably hit him like a ton of bricks. so sad...MOO.

IMO She knows Hailey is gone and she can't have DD anyway. So what is she really trying to do?

JMO here but I think that Billie needs the title to the home so that she can get an equity loan out for legal representation. That's my opinion FWIW.:twocents:

ETA: Maybe she needs traveling money??

The offer doesn't make much sense. Supposedly, the house is paid off and Billie has lived rent free for a couple of years only in exchange for child support. The teen boy is only sixteen and Haylie only 13. If she were to return there would be 5 more years of child support that Billie would owe Clint if he had custody. Why would he want to give her his half of the home when he could probably get custody anyway, and if Haylie is deceased he will owe her NOTHING. As it is now, she may have to pay the relative caring for the boy child support, the state, or at least Medicaid that he may receive. The relative can get 89$ per month TANF, medicaid, and maybe even care payments from cps while there is a case open and she will owe all that back. If Clint agreed to that she's liable to sell it real cheap as is and use the money for SA's legal defense.

I agree with those that think that Billie is trying to get the title of the house so that if she is arrested she has collateral for bond. This is all Billie sided. There is nothing in it for Clint at all. Selling the children? Pretty desperate move I'd say.

Another thought of mine is going back to BD stating in January 13 on Nancy Grace,

GRACE: To Billie Dunn. Billie Dun, you`ve been doing a lot of defending yourself. I want to hear your response to that.

DUNN: I have every horrible emotion imaginable. I break down several times in my room by myself. I try my hardest not to do it on TV. But I do try my hardest not to do it around family. I shouldn`t have to be defending my self. The fact is, Hailey is not in this house, and nobody`s found her. Everybody needs to remember that the whole reason her face is being put out there is because she`s not in her house.

This creeps me out in regards to the sudden news of the text to Clint.
Is BD wanting to sell the house and distance herself from what happened in that house?
Or is she wanting to hold up in that house?

BD should be having nightly visitors, nightmares or just going plain crazy with reoccurring thoughts over what happened in that house.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member