State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me the point of the painting receipt and 10 minute discussion of it?

I meant to get a SS card.

You get a number (I thought it was still called SS, but I could be wrong) which is used for paying your US taxes, bank accounts, loans, etc. However, it is not a number which is valid for work in the US. On the number document, the lack of work authorization is stamped all over it.

Cummings is getting testimony from Dad that will be mentioned in the depo to show contradictions in BC's depo to what Dad says happened. We will hear about The Bear again....

Am I the only one who thinks NC's father is a poor witness for the prosecution? So far it seems he has only established that NC liked to tell him a lot of stories, and her dad believed the stories.

Don't you have to be a citizen for that though?

According to the SSA:

snip from: http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10096.html
Social Security Numbers For Noncitizens

SSA Publication No. 05-10096, June 2009, ICN 468630 [View .pdf] (En Español) [Audio.mp3]
spkr.jpg

Contents

How do I apply for a Social Security number and card?
lilshim.gif
How do I get a Social Security number and card? Identity and immigration status Work eligibility Age What can I do if I need a number for other reasons? Contacting Social Security How do I apply for a Social Security number and card?

Unless you are a noncitizen who wants to work in the United States, you probably do not need a Social Security number.
Generally, only noncitizens authorized to work in the United States by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) can get a Social Security number. Social Security numbers are used to report an individual’s wages to the government and to determine a person’s eligibility for Social Security benefits. You need a Social Security number to work, collect Social Security benefits and receive some other government services.
Lawfully admitted noncitizens can get many benefits and services without a Social Security number. You do not need a number to get a driver’s license, register for school, obtain private health insurance, or to apply for school lunch programs or subsidized housing.
Some organizations use Social Security numbers to identify you in their records. Most, however, will identify you by some other means if you request it.
We cannot assign you a Social Security number solely so you can get a driver’s license or a service that requires a credit check.
Although many companies, such as banks and credit companies, may ask for your Social Security number, you are generally not required to provide one if you don’t have one.

<snip>

I'll be out for the next several hours. Take good notes for me:). Will catch up later.

According to the SSA:

snip from: http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10096.html
Social Security Numbers For Noncitizens

SSA Publication No. 05-10096, June 2009, ICN 468630 [View .pdf] (En Español) [Audio.mp3]
spkr.jpg

Contents

How do I apply for a Social Security number and card?
lilshim.gif
How do I get a Social Security number and card? Identity and immigration status Work eligibility Age What can I do if I need a number for other reasons? Contacting Social Security How do I apply for a Social Security number and card?

Unless you are a noncitizen who wants to work in the United States, you probably do not need a Social Security number.
Generally, only noncitizens authorized to work in the United States by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) can get a Social Security number. Social Security numbers are used to report an individual’s wages to the government and to determine a person’s eligibility for Social Security benefits. You need a Social Security number to work, collect Social Security benefits and receive some other government services.
Lawfully admitted noncitizens can get many benefits and services without a Social Security number. You do not need a number to get a driver’s license, register for school, obtain private health insurance, or to apply for school lunch programs or subsidized housing.
Some organizations use Social Security numbers to identify you in their records. Most, however, will identify you by some other means if you request it.
We cannot assign you a Social Security number solely so you can get a driver’s license or a service that requires a credit check.
Although many companies, such as banks and credit companies, may ask for your Social Security number, you are generally not required to provide one if you don’t have one.

<snip>

Okay, so it's confirmed. She WAS able to open a bank account.

Brad actually asked her via an email to open up her own bank account that he would deposit a cheque into it. She replied to him via email that when the kids fever went down the next day she would go and check it out at the local branch (bank).

So Brad was making suggestions of alternatives, and he looked for a job in Canada and couldn't find one. Is that what I just heard?

I think it's interesting that even Mr. Rentz thought the initial sep. agreement was 'outlandish'.

I work at a financial institution and we will not open a $$ account without a SS #. FWIW

I work at a financial institution and we will not open a $$ account without a SS #. FWIW

Right, but NC had the ability to get a SS#. You (bank) don't care if the SS card says "not authorized to work" do you?

ETA: NC already had an account at some point and was taken off. So how did she originally get the account?

Darn, I missed the whole money thing from the vacation. :(

My husband and I BOTH opened a second checking account, with the same bank we had been doing business with for 10 yrs. We still had to present a SS card.

I am really tired of hearing about money.

I think it's distracting and actually harmful for the prosecution.

They were divorcing - of course there were money issues - they were both terrible with money and it was one of the weapons they used against each other.

So what?

Unless she was killed by a stack of $20's - this seems like it's distracting and I would bet that it is making the jury dislike the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member