GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

I was assuming the father was deceased and the business passed down to the son. So the father is still living? And is near by? Hmmm.....

This is becoming more and more involved by the day, an ever growing web of intrigue...

She might have rummaged through her own purse. I'm not sure how they could tell. Was some of the stuff from her purse thrown around in the car? Or was it just spilled? In any case, it's very unlikely that a pill thief would kidnap or kill her. Either she disappeared on her own or someone she knows is involved in her disappearance.

maybe there was incriminating evidence in the purse? Like a key or note to saying to meet somewhere?

What would a suspect have wanted in her purse that was not cash or credit cards? Someone has said a prescription....or medication bottle. Not a bad guess. But if not that, then what? Was it a ruse?

If it was an addict looking for drugs, then they would have taken the money. It was made to look as if the only thing the abductor (if there was one) wanted was her. This really is a mystery.

If it was an addict looking for drugs, then they would have taken the money. It was made to look as if the only thing the abductor (if there was one) wanted was her. This really is a mystery.

Yes, I agree about the prescriptions....anyone with addiction problems would take the money.

I have seen cases where sexual predators leave money in an assault. Don't think that is what we have in this case but just thought I would point that out.

Woman's family seeking answers

"It could still be a stranger abduction," Chris Reed said. "Where is she? We want to make sure the case has been handled properly, that everything possible has been done. We don't understand why the family hasn't been involved with the FBI. We would like all of those who saw her last to be polygraphed.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20120519/NEWS01/205190338/Woman-s-family-seeking-answers?odyssey=tab%7Cmostpopular%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

This paper has stayed on top of this case and for that I'm thankful. I don't know what to think about her disappearance at this point, but beginning to think the company may have been a little shady and she being an officer would hold part of that responsibilty.

Is TES still involved?

<snip>

Is TES still involved?
I haven't heard, but I know Tim was back in Texas on Monday. The website doesn't say anything about suspending the search. But they don't always say that when they do. IMO, LE probably had them temporarily stand down after hearing about the issue with the books.

I wonder how accurate this information is. This one states it was: "Updated 11/17/2011 - This profile of Moore Machine & Welding Shop, Inc was created using data from Dun & Bradstreet "

And was her name still Slay in 2011? If so, hadn't been married long to Mr. Reed.

This one states:
"Updated 11/15/2011 - This profile of Moore Machine & Welding Shop, Inc was created using data from Dun & Bradstreet"

Updated only 2 days later and her name is listed as Reed. :dunno:

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Mississippi/Gallman/linda-reed/54863530.aspx

One of the stories that I have heard is that her Wal-Mart receipt was found inside her home, as well as the items listed on the receipt. Again, this is only hear-say.

Her son states here the groceries were not found at her home or in her vehicle.

Friends and family said they were worried by the fact Reed's SUV was found north of Gallman, where she lives, when the Hazlehurst Walmart is about four miles south of Gallman.
"We think there's foul play," Sessums said. "She would have had no reason to come up this way."
Sessums said the groceries Reed had told co-workers she was going to buy are not in her residence nor in her gray Chevrolet Equinox.
"This is not like her," Sessums said. "Everyone always knows where she is. She never misses work without having someone to fill in."
http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...ee-missing-woman-still-alive-search-continues

Another business in the family.....and it has a trailer!!! LOL

http://binged.it/J2qSEt

http://www.manta.com/c/mmnthsf/moore-machine-welding-inc

Whoa!@!! Check this out. This business is only a little over a mile away where her car was found. The owner on the manta site above is the father.

[URL="http://binged.it/KI9DfH"][URL]http://binged.it/KI9DfH[/URL][/URL]
Weird, that it's north of her work, but Walmart is south of her work.

Idk, but it just seems a little more than coincidental that her vehicle is found in that particular location. JMO

Apparently Mrs. Reed's family thinks it's weird too:

BBM:
Friends and family said they were worried by the fact Reed's SUV was found north of Gallman, where she lives, when the Hazlehurst Walmart is about four miles south of Gallman.
"We think there's foul play," Sessums said. "She would have had no reason to come up this way."
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20120501/NEWS/205010340/Copiah-County-woman-disappears-abduction-suspected?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

Ms. Reed went to Walmart at least once.....LE has the receipt for those items and they have surveillance video of her leaving the store. She told co-workers she needed to go back again for some groceries and was going that evening. She even asked them to leave the gate open (which I find odd, since its reported that she typically locked the gate herself each night and opened it early each morning).

Thats why its so troubling for the family that her vehicle was found in the opposite direction of Walmart. And, to my knowledge, there was no other surveillance that showed her at Walmart that evening.

Ms. Reed went to Walmart at least once.....LE has the receipt for those items and they have surveillance video of her leaving the store. She told co-workers she needed to go back again for some groceries and was going that evening. She even asked them to leave the gate open (which I find odd, since its reported that she typically locked the gate herself each night and opened it early each morning).

Thats why its so troubling for the family that her vehicle was found in the opposite direction of Walmart. And, to my knowledge, there was no other surveillance that showed her at Walmart that evening.

So, I wonder why the second trip? I mean, she SAID that she needed to go later for groceries...but maybe she was leaving work (early?) to go talk to someone or meet someone. IDK about all of you, but I would have melded the two trips if at all possible rather than wasting so much time.
Since there is no evidence that she got to the Walmart on trip 2..
.either
1.she got carjacked on the way there
2. she stopped somewhere else and was taken
3. she was planning on never going to the store- just running

Since it is a relatively small area and her case is pretty big, I would imagine that if people saw her at the local bar or dry cleaners or whatever that day they would have spoken up. So if she did stop somewhere it had to be a residence or other private place.
JMO

I believe holly pointed out that there is a second business owned by the same family and that the business is relatively close to where her vehicle was found and that there is a trailer behind that business, too. Is that accurate? If so, has that trailer been searched for signs that she was there. Perhaps that is where she took the items that were purchased at Walmart.

I wonder how accurate this information is. This one states it was: "Updated 11/17/2011 - This profile of Moore Machine & Welding Shop, Inc was created using data from Dun & Bradstreet "

And was her name still Slay in 2011? If so, hadn't been married long to Mr. Reed.
This one states:

"Updated 11/15/2011 - This profile of Moore Machine & Welding Shop, Inc was created using data from Dun & Bradstreet"

Updated only 2 days later and her name is listed as Reed. :dunno:
Dun & Bradstreet is a credit rating corporation, and I'm not sure if they check the business license update or if any changes were made when renewed. I'm not sure exactly where they pull their info from. The one article stated the Reed's had been married 12 years.

Her son states here the groceries were not found at her home or in her vehicle.

http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...ee-missing-woman-still-alive-search-continues

She may have taken the purchases to the residence/business in Crystal Springs (Machine shop) and somewhere between there and home....something went amuck. ??? Just a little theory. Maybe the purchases, if groceries, were not perishables and she kept them in the car until she got to where she was going...or they could have been supplies for the office and she took them in when she returned. I don't think she made a second trip to "Wallies", but it sure would be nice if MSM would give a legit timeline....from LE.

Hi everyone! Just got done reading the thread and wanted to say a few things.

I don't believe she ever made it back to Walmart the second time as they would have video of her and hopefully released that as when she was last seen, unless they told AMW but not the local media. Maybe a local media source could get clarification on that, if AMW doesn't respond back to the above posters inquiry.

The gate was locked from the outside, so either she left and something happened once she exited the gate or someone affiliated with the business did something to her on the property and locked the gate on the outside, making it look like she left. They then tried to stage some kind of abduction. From what I have read so far, my mind seems to be going in this direction. It would be interesting to know, who at work she spoke to last about leaving the gate unlocked and who told the media this.

I find it rather hinky that the owner started talking about something being amuck with the books so soon after her disappearance. If she handled all the bookkeeping, had been doing it for years, how would he have any clue that the books were off all of a sudden. If she was very good at it, like it has been noted, the owner IMO would not have been able to pick up on it.

I wonder if LE already has reason to beleive that she is deceased so they are concentrating on something within the company and not spending a lot of resources searching.

I noticed the son or step-son? was asking for all those that last talked to her to be polygraphed. It sounds like maybe he has similiar thoughts on what happened.

IMO, I don't think in any way she left and staged this herself. It just doesn't make any sense at all to me for many reasons. The first reason that stuck out to me in the beginning was her glasses were found in the car or on the blanket. Why would you leave your glasses?

The motive for someone in the business wanting to harm her is a mystery. I could speculate many different theories. Was it a heated argument or planned?

It was stated the FBI and Attorney General have been called in to review the books. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Could she have been such a valuable employee for so long and used by other family members to do their books because she was asked to hide other business activity and was good at it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back