JonBenet Ramsey's father calls beauty pageants "very bizarre"

John also spoke to Inside Edition back in March. I can't find the video but they have an article on their website about it. Apparently, John says that pageants are "child abuse".

http://www.insideedition.com/news/7842/inside-edition-speaks-with-john-ramsey.aspx

ty for the link, eileenhawkeye,
So, it's child abuse, but not when PR engaged in it, because she didn't take it seriously?
Egad.

"It's child abuse, frankly," Jon Ramsey told INSIDE EDITION.

Ramsey, author of the new memoir, The Other Side of Suffering, watched a controversial scene from Toddlers and Tiaras where a mom gives her little girl "go-go" juice, a mixture of Red Bull and Mountain Dew, to energize her performance.

INSIDE EDITION's Diane McInerney asked, "What would you say to these moms?"

Ramsey responded, "Let little girls be little girls."

"Patsy and JonBenet had fun with it. They didn't take it seriously," said Ramsey"

ty for the link, eileenhawkeye,
So, it's child abuse, but not when PR engaged in it, because she didn't take it seriously?
Egad.

"It's child abuse, frankly," Jon Ramsey told INSIDE EDITION.

Ramsey, author of the new memoir, The Other Side of Suffering, watched a controversial scene from Toddlers and Tiaras where a mom gives her little girl "go-go" juice, a mixture of Red Bull and Mountain Dew, to energize her performance.

INSIDE EDITION's Diane McInerney asked, "What would you say to these moms?"

Ramsey responded, "Let little girls be little girls."

"Patsy and JonBenet had fun with it. They didn't take it seriously," said Ramsey"

How could he possibly say this in all truthfulness? The house was covered with trophies, gowns, ribbons, etc. He just keeps the lies coming .....

JB was a tomboy my nature....the pageants were something that was drilled into her that she must do and that was that.

Good point, I agree. JonBenet was indeed a very beautiful child, although she never seemed to be "into it" like some of the others.

JR is attempting to distance himself as much as possible and downplay the significance the pageants had in JBs life as well as the fact that JB was not only encouraged by PR to compete in pageants, it was EXPECTED.

I have watched T&T a few times, some of those kids are really talented and appear to want to be there, some of the mom's are downright nutty, seems like the only people at the pageants are family/friends of the contestants. I will say though, that little Alana Thompson "Honey Boo Boo Child" does make me laugh, she seems to be enjoying herself, (never saw her on T&T, but did catch her and her mother on the "The Dr. Drew Show"). I don't agree with giving her the "go go juice", but then again, I allowed my kids candy, pixie sticks, etc. and they would get the sugar tweaks, so, I won't judge.:what:

Good point, I agree. JonBenet was indeed a very beautiful child, although she never seemed to be "into it" like some of the others.

Probably because she was forced into it. JB did get a confidence boost, but they were fleeting moments.

When my father was alive I told him I studied this case. His comment about JB was "Oh yes, she was the little girl that looked like Marilyn Monroe." When he said this it really hurt me for him to describe a child like this. But then I had to remember I was talking to my abuser that wanted me to be Miss America as well. ):

If Nedra was of the opinion that JB was a little bit molested which is what she stated than it should not be considered unusual that perhaps DP was a molester and NP turned and looked the other way. If I knew that my grand daughter was being abused I wouldn't sit still for one minute of it.

And yes, JB was being primed for Miss America. Been there, done that and understand the rebelliousness JB felt and those little girls in T & T. Honestly why do they allow shows like that on t.v. To me it is child abuse in and of itself.

Moms living vicariously through their daughters. :sick: And honestly Dad's to busy to care about what is really going on ... unless they are the abusers as well :tears:

Thank you, and with you 100%. And yes, I believe JR abused JBR. God rest her soul.

I think one reason these moms like pageants is their daughters become beauty queens as soon as they win one.

Watch the first few seconds of this video...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9nbhzKaqvA&feature=related"]6 year old BEAUTY QUEEN - YouTube[/ame]

This kid isn't even cute...yet she's a beauty queen because she's in pageants.

Sorry - but some things have to be said, politically correct or not (and I abhor political correctness).

She's a snot-nose right now. She'll be a nightmare in her teens. She ain't gonna be no Beauty Queen when she grows up. She'll be a clone of her momma. I feel sorry for these homely little girls when that reality hits then in the face. And it will.

Anderson had Alana and her mom on his show where he made the mom wear the same pageant dress and makeup as Alana. Here's a picture: (They are the second from the right)

HbVsW.jpg

Here's Alana with her "pageant look"

120531-ent-honeybooboo-hmed.380;380;7;70.jpg

Heredity is her destiny. As with us all.

Photoshop much? I guarantee she doesn't look like that in person, even in her Pageant Look.

I think one reason these moms like pageants is their daughters become beauty queens as soon as they win one.

6 year old BEAUTY QUEEN - YouTube

Alana poor child said "A dollar make me halla, boom boom" and the mother is in the background laughing. I hate to say it she is "a redneck" and she will look like her mother when she grows up. She has an inflauted ego and that can't possibly be good for her at such a young age. She is in for a really hugh let down from society. :notgood:

DeeDee249, I beleive she has what they call a flipper in her mouth to make her teeth look better in the photoshop pic. :(

Alana poor child said "A dollar make me halla, boom boom" and the mother is in the background laughing. I hate to say it she is "a redneck" and she will look like her mother when she grows up. She has an inflauted ego and that can't possibly be good for her at such a young age. She is in for a really hugh let down from society. :notgood:

DeeDee249, I beleive she has what they call a flipper in her mouth to make her teeth look better in the photoshop pic. :(

Her eyes are photoshopped, too. They are not that big and not that pretty in real life. Even the pageant pros like Eden Wood have their eyes in their publicity photos so photoshopped that they look more like dolls or paper dolls than real girls.

Oh Please! This little girl is already an addict for her "special juice" and should be put in time out for a few years. I've seen her on the show and I felt both anger and sorrow for this little kid. jmo

It only gets worse: the child has been given her own show.

http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.c...ar-honey-boo-boo-child-gets-her-own-show?lite

I can't stand these outrageous child pageant shows and I truly believe that the glitz pageants of today come from a spawn that picked up in size and speed after JonBenet died thanks to Patsy planting her videos and pageant pics all over hill and dale. It was like Patsy was grieving more for losing her personal little beauty queen, instead of her actual daughter. That is my opinion...

Sorry - but some things have to be said, politically correct or not (and I abhor political correctness).

She's a snot-nose right now. She'll be a nightmare in her teens. She ain't gonna be no Beauty Queen when she grows up. She'll be a clone of her momma. I feel sorry for these homely little girls when that reality hits then in the face. And it will.

Aww come on DeeDee tell us how you really feel.

It's a shame their mom's aren't wanting these little girls be just that. Little girls.

I know I shouldn't but,I dislike that child and her mother.

On the show "Dance Moms", there's a new mom who calls herself "the black Patsy" and says things like "Every mom has a little Patsy in them". Yes, she is talking about you know who. Apparently, she looks up to Patsy because she was the ultimate stage mom. WTH.

HER JACKET WAS ENGRAINED WITH BLACK PATSY. (from the recaps I am reading)

On the show "Dance Moms", there's a new mom who calls herself "the black Patsy" and says things like "Every mom has a little Patsy in them". Yes, she is talking about you know who. Apparently, she looks up to Patsy because she was the ultimate stage mom. WTH.

I was actually semi watching that show last night, and heard her! She was proud to be associated with the name, and another lady was like, eew, that's disgusting. The tv had been left on that channel and I wasn't paying attention, but when PR's name was mentioned, my head jerked around, because I was reading her name on websleuths, as they were speaking it.

eileenhawkeye,
Wow, unbelieveable!

Wow, it never ends does it.

I'll never understand any parents putting their children in these shows, especially after JonBenet. Good grief, who the he** wants to see little children in makeup and sexy clothes - working it - besides creepy pedophiles in the first place!!! Dang it!!!!

Just who does this benefit? The mom, the dad? It can't be good for the child. Self esteem and "competition" can be taught in much, much healthier ways than "sex object" for a few moments. (I'm just mad right now.)

This kid has been all over the news...everything from her drinking 'go go juice', to eating roadkill, to her mom committing child support fraud. 'Honey Boo Boo Child', now has her own show, and this family is probably going to get rich. Go figure. IDK why, but I find 'Honey Boo Boo', mesmerizing. She has the most out going personality I've ever seen, but, wow, I see a ton of problems in store for the future. Her mom is unbelievable. She, without qualms, is unabashedly riding her daughter's gravy train, all the way to the bank. And oh yeah, I saw a video of this little girl shaking her stuff on a bar, at an actual bar, and the last I heard, CPS is involved.

I know its not funny to make fun of a child-but the parodys are really funny-esp the honey boo boo 25 yrs later..lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back