OK Foss lake Discovery

I'm a little surprised that they identified one of the bodies so quickly, but it will be interesting to see what comes to light here.

I'm a little surprised that they identified one of the bodies so quickly, but it will be interesting to see what comes to light here.

Where did you see that? Who was identified?

Where did you see that? Who was identified?

From wfgodot's link:

UPDATE 4 p.m. – Officials have confirmed the identity of at least one of the victims in the 1969 Camaro found in Foss Lake, according to the Elk City Daily News. The identities are not being released until all family members are notified. Details about the remains in the 1950′s Chevy are not being released.

Car in news article looks like a Chevy Camaro

Looking at the picture from the Charley Project and then the news photos from MSM, it's really kind of amazing to see THREE nearly 40 year old missing persons cases **probably** solved. Also IMO very unsettling to see the pictures side by side.

It is sad, especially when you read CanManEh's research upthread and knowing that they've been lost to those who loved them for so long. :( I do hope their families find peace after waiting so long to find them.

Even as I'm saying it's sad, I know it is a good thing.

ALWAYS MOO

Absolutely thrilled with this news! I was so sure these three would never be found, and am very happy to be wrong about that.

We have more than 200 lakes here in Oklahoma and I'm hoping LE takes that sonar equipment on a grand tour of all of them.

Authorities in Custer County, Oklahoma say they're seeking information from the public after skeletal remains of five people were discovered in two cars in Foss Lake on Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/st...-oklahoma-lake/d/story/Kj54mTEvBEKVVn7nuQYjCw

2 cars, 5 bodies and one of the cars is a 50's model.

Possibly the bodies of 16-year-old Jimmy Allen Williams, 18-year-old Leah Gail Johnson, and 18-year-old Thomas Michael Rios who were reported missing November 20th, 1970.

Probably, by the yet unidentified couple driving the other car. How sad.

Interesting theory, the other car looks pretty intact tho ? The camaro has no back end?? Or is it just the angle?

Mark

Plus the 50's car went missing in the early 60's?

Mark

Again, I mention how many of theses'missing and the car is missing too' stories end up with water.

I read that all the parents have passed away in the intervening years, never knowing what happened to their children. So sad.....

Again, I mention how many of these 'missing and the car is missing too' stories end up with water.

I read that all the parents have passed away in the intervening years, never knowing what happened to their children. So sad.....

Updated (can't find the link right now) says that there are actually six sets of remains.

Authorities in Custer County, Oklahoma say they're seeking information from the public after skeletal remains of five people were discovered in two cars in Foss Lake on Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/st...-oklahoma-lake/d/story/Kj54mTEvBEKVVn7nuQYjCw

2 cars, 5 bodies and one of the cars is a 50's model.

Possibly the bodies of 16-year-old Jimmy Allen Williams, 18-year-old Leah Gail Johnson, and 18-year-old Thomas Michael Rios who were reported missing November 20th, 1970.

It says in the article that the three teens were last seen riding around Sayre in Jimmy's 1969 Chevrolet Camaro.and from the photo, the back of one car is showing and it looks to me like the back of a '69 Camaro. I hope this brings some closure to some families. Very sad that young lives were cut short.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back