Casey & Family Psychological Profile #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother and daughter are bipolar - This is definately the AXIS I diagnosis - AXIS II diagnosis are normally personality disorders etc. As someone mentioned above - AXIS I diagnosis can normally be treated with medication - AXIS II diagnosis unfortunately are much harder to treat - the main problem is normally getting the patient to admit there is something wrong with them (instead of the problem is everyone else...) - this type of behaviour does remind me of KC - however, it does not excuse what she had done - and I doubt highly that you could win a mental insanity plea based on it.

Even if KC does have an AXIS I disorder it can still be difficult to prove that she was mentally insane - my daughter was diagnosed when she was 17 - now while it has certainly had an effect on her school and work life - she quite aware that her choices affect her life - and if she were to get in legal trouble it would be no different.

KC is nothing like Andrea Yates IMO - and therefore, I doubt that she can get off on an insanity plea.

Lastly, I realize KC more than likely grew up in a dysfunctional family - but so did the majority of the population (including myself) - but this is no excuse for what she has done.

I know I have said this before but I'm going to say it again...thank you so much to Brini and One Lost Girl! Your posts make so much sense to me and I find them so logical. I plan on taking some Psychology classes when my daughter graduates from high school next year...Thank you agian for your well educated and thought out posts.

Bold mine.

Yes, and Twoapennything and KageyKaren - you all nailed it, IMO. May it now R.I.P.

ETA: Forgot Nancy Botwin - love your posts too!

Bold mine.

Yes, and Twoapennything and KageyKaren - you all nailed it, IMO. May it now R.I.P.

ETA: Forgot Nancy Botwin - love your posts too!

Don't forget Onelostgirl!

I HOPE it can now RIP.

My guess is that it will pop up, again.. and again.

I HOPE it can now RIP.

BTW-- As little sympathy as I have for the As, I'm pretty sure that GA has been deeply hurt by KC's rumors about his "abuse."

My guess is that in the highly unlikely event that he came on to KC, CA wouldn't "disbelieve" or "compete." She'd simply kick his cojones up to between his tonsils, put his stuff on the porch, and that would be that. Kind of like she did when he lost all that family money in the Nigerian scam.

And, KC would make VERY sure that CA found out! It's called "splitting.," and Axis IIs do it ALL the time.

From friends' descriptions of Casey and her mother saying that she suffered from past depression, I think she could have a form of bipolar. Bipolar can cause psychosis, and Casey seemed as if she could have had some of that going on at times. I believe that a psychopath can have some psychosis as well. There's no way that Casey's behavior with her friends and family was normal and healthy.There's no account of her being debilitated though, so it's no excuse for murder. I look forward to hearing about what is really wrong with her, but of course, the different experts will all be arguing and disagreeing with each other.

:clap:"Psychiatry is beyond a doubt wedded to the effective administration of justice"

From friends' descriptions of Casey and her mother saying that she suffered from past depression, I think she could have a form of bipolar. Bipolar can cause psychosis, and Casey seemed as if she could have had some of that going on at times. I believe that a psychopath can have some psychosis as well. There's no way that Casey's behavior with her friends and family was normal and healthy.There's no account of her being debilitated though, so it's no excuse for murder. I look forward to hearing about what is really wrong with her, but of course, the different experts will all be arguing and disagreeing with each other.

I have no idea where you are getting the information that Casey has suffered from depression in the past. Not only has Cindy very firmly stated that Casey has never had ANY mental health problems, Casey herself told LE the same thing during one of her interviews. They asked her if she has or had any mental health issues or if she was on Psych. medication and she told them NO. I am also in the dark in regard to any of her friends claiming she suffered from any type of depression.

If this information was put out there then I totally missed it.. but I have read each document dump we have been given and never came across anything about this. I don't understand how I could have missed something like this because THAT would stay with me. Do you have a link you could provide.. because I'd sure like to read these statements.

TIA!

I HOPE it can now RIP.

haha- How could anyone in the psych thread forget about me?! I never shut up! :bang:

I have no idea where you are getting the information that Casey has suffered from depression in the past. Not only has Cindy very firmly stated that Casey has never had ANY mental health problems, Casey herself told LE the same thing during one of her interviews. They asked her if she has or had any mental health issues or if she was on Psych. medication and she told them NO. I am also in the dark in regard to any of her friends claiming she suffered from any type of depression.

If this information was put out there then I totally missed it.. but I have read each document dump we have been given and never came across anything about this. I don't understand how I could have missed something like this because THAT would stay with me. Do you have a link you could provide.. because I'd sure like to read these statements.

TIA!

I probably read it on here, and I'm not sure about a link. I'll try to do a search and at least find a post or something. I didn't see a thing though about any diagnosis or treatment, only that Casey had been depressed back in high school, I believe.

Bolding is mine: ITA with everything you said, but i'd just like some clarification on one point. The part that i bolded, are you saying that specifically in terms of the law? Because those axis II diagnosis are condidered mental ilnesses in the mental health sector. On another note , I'm suprised to see schizoaffective disorder as Axis 1. Thats really interesting. thanks for the imput :)

I do know that the community mental health treatment organizations here in the Denver Metro area will not open a person for services based solely on an Axis II diagnosis -- the person must have an Axis I diagnosis in order to qualify for community mental health treatment (by this, I mean treatment providers who work with Medicare/Medicaid and/or indigent populations). For what it's worth, by far the most common Axis II diagnosis I deal with as a PO is Borderline Personality Disorder. The law does not speak to the categorization of mental health disorders and mental illness, so, no, it's not in terms of the law. And perhaps this varies state to state, but Axis II diagnoses are not considered mental illness per se, at least not here in Colorado.

I probably read it on here, and I'm not sure about a link. I'll try to do a search and at least find a post or something. I didn't see a thing though about any diagnosis or treatment, only that Casey had been depressed back in high school, I believe.

Could it have been Kiomarie's statement to LE that you're thinking of? I think she mentioned she thought KC was bi-polar, but that was her own judgment, not that she was being treated for anything, or even that she knew what it meant, for sure. I'll try to look it up.

Can we please put to rest her psychological profile! No matter what her diagnosis of the day might be, nothing will stop her from being prosecuted. Any form of brain imaging that might accompany some of your personal diagnosis is not admissible in court. She isn't in psychosis and has proven she is aware of what is at stake so no insanity plea remember? My feeling is KC is a sociopath who crossed over into psychopathy land. I personaal only had one pt. like this in my career working in locked long term psych. unit.

I know it can become irritating to see people debate the mental health/psychological angle over and over again, but I hesitate to tell others to stop discussing an issue or topic. Any topic is always going to be new to someone, and what is obvious and logical to those of us who are well-versed in psychology or mental health issues may not be to a person who is just learning about the topic. Whenever I see someone beating the already-super-dead horse, I just try and remind myself that I am capable of using my BACK button on my browser and that I'm not obligated to contribute to the conversation if I don't feel like it. I think it's important that people feel free to discuss ANY topic, even ad nauseum. :)

Could it have been Kiomarie's statement to LE that you're thinking of? I think she mentioned she thought KC was bi-polar, but that was her own judgment, not that she was being treated for anything, or even that she knew what it meant, for sure. I'll try to look it up.

No, it wasn't Kiomarie's statement. I did a search in general then searched my own past posts. The only thing I could find was the thread from 12-08 Nancy Grace. The defense attorney mentioned something about Casey being bipolar and I posted about it now coming out that Casey had suffered from bouts of depression. I must have read it somewhere though. Maybe someone will remember. I'm sorry I mentioned it without something to refer to.

Ok, here it is:
<<KioMarie said when Casey drinks, she has her moments of being mean. KioMarie also said that she thinks Casey is bi-polar. After Casey had the baby she would call KioMarie and ask her questions. KioMarie said she had the answers but later say she never talked to KioMarie. >>

I think I owe an apology to everyone on this thread. This is a great source to learn about the human experience. I light up when I see students posting. As we have seen there are many sources that reference mental health issues for those incarcerated & those who aren't. AS frustrating as the thread can be it gives a voice for debate. It would be a great thing if we had a designated thread with all the possible diagnosis as reported by the many experts we have heard from, including some of our own posts. This would give a newbie a chance to learn, share, ask quetions. WE have many experts quoted from in our earlier threads up to now. It would be interestimg to compare opinions from the beginning till now to see if they may have changed as the case moves forward. The family frustrates me so much, that I let them get to me and forgot all about being kind & understanding. After I posted my comment I thoght yes there is always that back button & why don't I just move on to another subject. DIDiDi!!! "My brain made me do it" is my only defense.

TIA!

A lot of people do not admit to having problems with depression in the past or present. Unfortunately people who suffer from mental health problems are still looked down upon in this country. I'm not saying that CA or KC have or had problems with depression, but they might not admit it even if it were true. JMO

She's neither bipolar nor psychotic. But, you are right, psychopath/sociopaths can become psychotic.

Agree that she has no excuse.

I think I owe an apology to everyone on this thread. This is a great source to learn about the human experience. I light up when I see students posting. As we have seen there are many sources that reference mental health issues for those incarcerated & those who aren't. AS frustrating as the thread can be it gives a voice for debate. It would be a great thing if we had a designated thread with all the possible diagnosis as reported by the many experts we have heard from, including some of our own posts. This would give a newbie a chance to learn, share, ask quetions. WE have many experts quoted from in our earlier threads up to now. It would be interestimg to compare opinions from the beginning till now to see if they may have changed as the case moves forward. The family frustrates me so much, that I let them get to me and forgot all about being kind & understanding. After I posted my comment I thoght yes there is always that back button & why don't I just move on to another subject. DIDiDi!!! "My brain made me do it" is my only defense.

It's a good defense! All of us can relate to it.

I call mine "brain farts.":)

Ok, here it is:
<<KioMarie said when Casey drinks, she has her moments of being mean. KioMarie also said that she thinks Casey is bi-polar. After Casey had the baby she would call KioMarie and ask her questions. KioMarie said she had the answers but later say she never talked to KioMarie. >>

Kiomarie is now saying she once met Klee's father. She says he's "tall, slim, and kinda shy," and that KC said the condom broke. She also said, later he died. She told this to the Enquirer.

Apparently, he was just another one of KC's guys.

She's neither bipolar nor psychotic. But, you are right, psychopath/sociopaths can become psychotic.

Agree that she has no excuse.

I agree with you. As much as I don't want to 'cut her any slack", I can see signs of bipolar, as I have it. I had many depressions, but did not have my fist manic episode until I was 18...late teens and early 20s is frequently, but not always, when the disease really gets going.

i got terribly manic (and psychotic) after my daughter's birth, and have needed medication since then. The first couple of years after her birth were very up and down, and I was ON meds.

But Casey seems too calm to be manic. She doesn't seem depressed because she was running around the house like nothing was wrong while she was bailed out.

So I'm voting for sociopath. I can see the defense arguing bipolar though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave