Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
:toast: Chaddylex I totally agree!!! Carl's been so helpful in so many cases! :woohoo:

Well Carl if he decides that list can be made public, I'm sure there's tons of people (myself included) that could get the names listed in whatever format it needs to be in!

I always wondered if you could volunteer at a PD to do this type of thing. I've been afraid to call and ask :blushing:

Ditto, good work Carl. I would have replied before you even did the photoshop work, that the teeth looked right to me. :)

Great job carl! I sure hope something comes of this submission. This poor girl needs a name and Aundria deserves to have someone looking for her.

I left a message with Tom Knaus yesterday, and received this reply:

I am still working with the Detectives in Michigan but we do not know either way at this time. I'll let you know as soon as we find out.
Tom

I replied back to ask for verification (for WS member Lil'E) of whether Gienevive Munoz of Biloxi MS had been officially ruled-out. I will update if I get a response.

While waiting for results from the Aundria Bowman/Crystal Rae submission, I tried doing my trace overlay comparison technique on the two photos.

Aundria is turned slightly to her right, so the lateral dimensions are not perfectly comparable, and Crystal Rae's head is tilted upward, causing her ears to appear to sit lower (not to mention her cauliflower ear condition). However, the vertical comparison lines up virtually spot-on, from her chin to her two front teeth, to her nose to her eyes.

2942006760045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

And here is another trick. If you copy the two images and paste them onto a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, you can drag them over one-another, and as one image is being dragged it becomes transparent, so that you can see the other image underneath it.

Using this technique with these two photos, the noses, chins, teeth, and eyes become indistinguishable from one another.

2321688860045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

This MS Excel trick is very quick and easy, and I suggest that you all use it when checking out a postmortem photo against a possible match (i.e., if the head angles are comparable).

I was always haunted by this story as well, but at least the jerks who did it are in jail. my guess is she was probably 18 or 19 but if she was cognitively disabled, may have appeared to be younger or immature. Probably a runaway and my guess is they picked her up and then took her to wherever and tortured and killed her. I wonder, if she was with them for all that time, did they never get a name from her? She could have run away from foster care or a group home. A kid who is disabled and missing, their parents would be hysterically trying to find them and the police would be out looking. And how far could a kid like that travel on their own? a terrible story...

I was always haunted by this story as well, but at least the jerks who did it are in jail. my guess is she was probably 18 or 19 but if she was cognitively disabled, may have appeared to be younger or immature. Probably a runaway and my guess is they picked her up and then took her to wherever and tortured and killed her. I wonder, if she was with them for all that time, did they never get a name from her? She could have run away from foster care or a group home. A kid who is disabled and missing, their parents would be hysterically trying to find them and the police would be out looking. And how far could a kid like that travel on their own? a terrible story...

I was unaware that the perps were apprehended. Do you have a link to any info with regard to this case?

On her Doe Network page there is a link to an article dated a year after she was found. They say there are similarities to another case for which 3 men were arrested. For some reason, I can't seem to link it here. It's the:

jsonline.com article.

Here is the case you're speaking of Fairy. http://www2.jsonline.com/news/racine/jul00/doer16071500a.asp

Also, look at this. http://www.racineco.com/sheriff/crimebulletin.aspx

Do you think that all these cases could be related to the three men charged in Illinois? Amber was from IL and found in Racine, WI after a similar experience. The woman killed in IL also was very badly beaten and seems to have some sort of issues physically. Racine UID is probably related to these in some way.

Here is also the other thread in cold cases that has some possible ID's on it as well. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48408

from the 1st page

So, has there been any response that Racine Jane Doe is Aundria? Another person I have for submission as being jane doe is this girl:

Case Handled By:

Royal Canadian Mounted Police

MYRIAM ISABELLA KNIAZ Age Progression
Case Type: Missing DOB: 20-Oct-1965
Missing Date: 15-Nov-1981 Sex: Female
Age Now: 44 Height: 5'5" (165 cm)
Missing City: STE-FOY Weight: 112 lbs (51 kg)
Missing State : QUEBEC Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: Canada Eye Color: Brown
Case Number: RCMP9800959
Circumstances: Myriam was last seen at her foster home. Myriam's photograph has been age-progressed to 37 years of age. Myriam may also go by the name of Mirriam Isabella KNIAZ.

I would include her pic but I can't seem to get it to post. Sorry.

So, has there been any response that Racine Jane Doe is Aundria? Another person I have for submission as being jane doe is this girl:

No, they are still going through the motions to verify the Aundria Bowman submission.

Here is the link and the photos.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/510dfqc.html

MKniaz.jpg
MKniaz1.jpg

She does resemble Crystal Rae. Of course, I am biased to the idea that Aundria is Crystal Rae, but as long as there is no confirmation on Aundria, if you think it's her, I suggest that you call it in, or send them an e-mail. It can't hurt.

ETA: I tried aligning the photos of Myriam and CR, and it looks like Myriam's nose is longer and her face is wider.

Hi everyone,

according to buttercup72's post on page 2 in this thread, Myriam Kniaz has already been ruled out as being Racine Jane Doe. Here is the post:

[...]

I am not sure if law enforcement here as ever contacted offiicials concerning Nyleen as a possible match for Racine Jane Doe. But I did contact the lead investigator about one match, and what a match it was--at least I thought it was. I copied and pasted below my original email to the detective--

Dear Mr. Knaus,

I am emailing you in regards to the unidentified female victim found in Raymond July '99.

First let me say, I am not part of law enforcement--I am just a normal everyday person who has been bothered by this case since day one. I lived in Racine for 20 years and now reside in Kenosha County and I am married and have three children. Recently, and I don't know what provoked me to do so, I started looking at missing persons websites trying to find Jane Doe a match. I even went as far as creating a myspace page for her just to get her face out there. I have literally viewed thousands of possible matches, without much luck. There are a few that I think possibly fit her description but not so much as one that I stumbled upon today.

The picture can be viewed at the Doenetwork http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/510dfqc.html The picture gave me goose bumps. The Doe Network:
Case File 510DFQC

Left 2: Kniaz at age 16 & 12; Right: Age-Progressed images
Myriam Isabella Kniaz
Missing since November 15, 1981 from Ste-Foy, Quebec, Canada.
Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: October 20, 1965
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5" - 165 cm; 112 lbs - 51 kg
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown eyes; brown hair.
Clothing: She was last seen wearing blue jeans, brown shoes, a blue/white vest and a short green coat
Dentals: Not available
AKA: Mirriam Isabella Kniaz
Other: She speaks French and English. DNA available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Myriam was last seen at her foster home in 1981.
She is a habitual runaway from group and foster homes.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police
877-318-3576
NCIC Number:
M-850705772
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Source Information:
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

Below are pics of Jane Doe just to refresh your memory.
I know Myriam is a little older than Jane Doe was first thought to be, and the height is a little shorter than stated but I know that can't always be a determining factor when matching. I think the first description described Jane Doe as being 18-35, then I think I read she was between the ages of 13-25. So Myriam does fit into the ages described. I wasn't sure which investigator/detective to send this to, so I sent it to the both of you.

I hope this is her, not that I want to wish anybody dead. But it would be nice to give the girl a name and maybe catch the monster that did this to her. If this is not her, I am going to continue my search for her. Please contact me if this is a match.

Thank you,

I emailed this to the investigator a week or so prior to my vacation and when I returned home just last week, there was a reply in my inbox from the investigator. Unfortunately, Jane Doe is not Myriam. At one time or another and I am not sure how long ago this was, the investigating officials also thought Jane doe was Myraim, but DNA did not make a match.

I just spoke with Tom Knaus, and he updated me on the progress of the Aundria Bowman possible match.

They are moving forward on this, and for various reasons, it is taking a long time to verify this possible match. He asked me to keep certain things confidential, and so I will honor his request.

However, he did say that it was OK to mention here that of the hundreds of tips that he has received, this is the one that he feels the most excited about. But he cautioned that he has been wrong before, and we should never be so sure about these things.

He also said that Gienevive Munoz of Biloxi MS was ruled-out, although he did not have the case-file in front of him to verify the basis for the rule-out.

Did anyone find out if Lurline Buergeron was ever ruled out?

I didn't ask about Lurline, although I was thinking about it. I asked about Gienevive Munoz, and when he said he didn't have his list in front of him, I didn't bother putting out a second name. If he has a list several hundred names long, I am sure that he would not remember specific names off of the top of his head.

I just found another photo of Aundria Bowman in NamUs.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1830/1/

2976567500045078242S500x500Q851.jpg

I would be very surprised if it turns out that she and Crystal Rae are not one in the same (See Side Comparison at Link).

WARNING - POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums...mparisons/2665753510045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Both she and Crystal Rae have the same asymmetrical chins. Unlike the previous photo, you can see her left ear, but since Crystal Rae had cauliflower ears from being beaten, you can't compare them to her healthy ears at 14. And other than CR's broken nose and a slightly higher camera vantage point in Aundria's photo, their noses match up perfectly.

Another thing - It says that Fingerprints are "available elsewhere", although I don't believe this to be true. It also says that "Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later."

This would be an interesting development if it was true, because I believe that they have dentals on Crystal Rae. I will contact Det. Knaus tomorrow to verify.

DO YOU KNOW ME? WISCONSIN JANE DOE 1999​

C46847A5-24E7-40E9-B2B5-C59C48ACBAE8

46A0192A-384C-42D6-849D-969079A370AC

4934912B-C8CC-470C-A737-047E2BF16AB8

This young female suffered terribly in the weeks prior to her death.
It goes beyond the simple label of abuse…she was tortured.
She had been tortured for a period of 2 to 4 weeks prior to her death. Her upper torso was covered in a range of burns of varying degrees covering 25 percent of her body, she died of multiple injuries including blunt trauma to the head, chest and abdomen. The woman’s arms, legs and pubic area were also traumatized.
She had been beaten so badly, perhaps with a blunt object, that her left ear was deformed.
She had received blunt force injury to her head, had a broken nose, cuts on her head and on the bridge of her nose and scrapes to her forehead. She also suffered blunt force injuries to her chest, abdomen, wrists, hands and fingers, and had numerous cuts over her body.
The 2 to 4 week period of torture is quite certain as the many burns and bruises were at different stages of healing. 3 to 5 days before her death, the torture increased significantly and she final succumbed to the torture and died. Her lifeless body was then unceremoniously dumped in a cornfield.
She also showed signs of malnutrition.
She had slightly protruding front teeth, several teeth were either missing or decayed.
She also may have been cognitively disabled.
Her death, is ruled to be the result of multiple homicidal injuries.
1,500 people have been checked and ruled out as being this Jane Doe.​

Although not certain, there is a possibility that this woman may never have been born in the USA. She may have been from the Ukraine in Eastern Europe, given the high volume of Ukrainians employed in the area at the time. This is not certain but should be considered. Law Enforcement thought the possibility good enough to put her cas file on Interpol.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine