2010.11.03 Bone Recovered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely they can get DNA from her parents right?
Now that her bio Mom is involved, I would think they could get her DNA and be able to use it to match any DNA found on evidence in the case.

Am I wrong?

I wonder if they are matching up wear on the bone with the prosthesis, or comparing it to surgical records.

I have read now that it is a FULL bone and not a fragment.. which leads me to the question that lingers in my mind... ok so 2 or 3 weeks in the elements... is this only a bone or flesh and tissue also??

would animals destroy all flesh.. I dont know how to exactly say this but I really think the horrible crime was defleshing the body .. boiling and discarding remains in sink or tub.. I really suspect that they removed all tissue that they could.. JMO but how much more horrific does that get?? I just get a gut feeling on this one... to leave as little evidence as possible.

Did they really think they could get away with this. A crime is virtually impossible to not leave evidence these days with all the forensic advancement.

I really think AB had much, much more to do with this than we can even imagine.
Hope to see him behind bars soon and then death row to follow!!!!

I have read now that it is a FULL bone and not a fragment.. which leads me to the question that lingers in my mind... ok so 2 or 3 weeks in the elements... is this only a bone or flesh and tissue also??

would animals destroy all flesh.. I dont know how to exactly say this but I really think the horrible crime was defleshing the body .. boiling and discarding remains in sink or tub.. I really suspect that they removed all tissue that they could.. JMO but how much more horrific does that get?? I just get a gut feeling on this one... to leave as little evidence as possible.

Did they really think they could get away with this. A crime is virtually impossible to not leave evidence these days with all the forensic advancement.

I really think AB had much, much more to do with this than we can even imagine.
Hope to see him behind bars soon and then death row to follow!!!!

It was not 2 or 3 weeks likely much longer. She was "reported" missing on the 9th of October, the bone was found on the 3rd of November, which would put it at a MINIMUM of 3 weeks. Being that we are pretty certain they didn't go out and dump her and the rest of the evidence on the 9th along with other info about beds, painting and such, it quickly pushes the date back to sometime before the 6th or 7th and could be way earlier than that. So it is likely she has been out in the elements or under water for 4-6 weeks. In that amount of time with the rain, heat, rain, cold, crazy weather and animal activity it is possible that bones could be "clean". Of course, we don't actually know what if anything was on them. They could have still had tissue attached for all we know. That was not disclosed.

how long until we know? I know it is a number of weeks, but I can't remember how many? If this was answered earlier, I haven't had time to read the whole thread, so I apologize if this is a repeat question.

TIA :blowkiss:

Hickory investigators await results of DNA evidence

Bone called of "key importance," by a lead investigator with HPD.

In addition to the bone, investigators recovered additional evidence from Christie Road, although Whisnant declined to comment on what it was.

On Monday, there were several pink flags where investigators had marked evidence. A few white flags were planted where law enforcement had found bones.

Farther into the woods, a few trees had branches with neon green ties on them, with the ends of the branches snapped off.

http://www2.journalnow.com/news/201...igators-await-results-dna-evidence-ar-521555/

Investigators wait for DNA results, review and re-evaluate in Zahra case

Meanwhile, District Attorney Jay Gaither said he re-iterated with the SBI Crime Lab the importance of putting a rush on the case. Gaither said that is standard procedure, and something the SBI was doing before he made the request.

Since the investigation began October 9th, Hickory Police have submitted four rounds of evidence to the SBI for processing. In two of those submissions, the first results came back within a few days, the next results came back in two weeks.

The SBI has not disclosed what evidence was tested; however search warrants were executed on the former Baker home, two cars parked in the driveway, and a search was done at Adam Baker's work site during the timeframe evidence was submitted.

The last two submissions were made to the SBI on November 3rd and 4th. That's when police also announced they found a possible bone connected to Zahra.

DNA evidence will likely be the most crucial evidence in prosecuting whoever brought harm to Zahra Baker. The ten-year-old was reported missing October 9th, by her father, Adam Baker.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13465050

After finding the bone Nov. 3, law enforcement sent it to the medical examiner’s office in Chapel Hill for testing. After those tests, if it’s determined to be connected to Zahra’s case, it will be sent to the SBI lab in Raleigh for additional tests.

“A rush has been put on any evidence relating to this case,” said Capt. Thurman Whisnant with the Hickory Police Department. “The SBI made it priority No. 1. The bone is of key importance. I know they’re working on it right now.”

http://www2.journalnow.com/news/201...igators-await-results-dna-evidence-ar-521555/

After finding the bone Nov. 3, law enforcement sent it to the medical examiner’s office in Chapel Hill for testing. After those tests, if it’s determined to be connected to Zahra’s case, it will be sent to the SBI lab in Raleigh for additional tests.

“A rush has been put on any evidence relating to this case,” said Capt. Thurman Whisnant with the Hickory Police Department. “The SBI made it priority No. 1. The bone is of key importance. I know they’re working on it right now.”

Does this mean that Chapel Hill has confirmed that it IS connected to this case?

Would this 'deer dumping' site be common knowledge to locals or would you have to be a hunter to know exactly where to go??

Hmmmmmmmmmm???

I'm not a local, but from what I have been able to gather, this area would have been known to both hunters, and locals looking for a place to dispose of trash.

IMO

http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637
snipped
Investigators say that the bone is not a small piece and is not a chip of a bone, but seems to be a complete bone. Meanwhile, that bone was sent to the NC State Bureau of Investigation lab where tests began Friday.

Tests on the bone are not DNA, officials have said.

Results from the SBI lab may not come through until Monday or Tuesday.

Can someone please enlighten me what exactly does that mean? TIA and sorry if this has been discussed already.

BBM: Okay, so according to this, the bone HAS been determined to be connected to Zahra's case, as it was tested at Chapel Hill, and then passed to the SBI lab in Raleigh (as per my media link upthread).

Right?

Did you guys see this?

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/br...hra-evidence-top-priority-20101109-17lld.html

"Were looking for any kind of confirmation on whether its a human bone, and if we can extract a DNA profile," Whisnant said.

On Monday, there were several pink flags along Christie Road where investigators had marked evidence, the Daily Record reported.

A few white flags were planted where law enforcement had found bones.

Of course it is! IF this bone is Zahra's, then it is THE key to this case.

Prooves death. May provide clue as to other areas to look (as in this was found at known dumping site for locals).
FInding out if this bone is Zahra's is critical.

IMO the report linked above means that the bone has been determined to be human and has been passed on for further analysis.

I do not believe it is "related" to Zahra's case at this point til they ID it as Zahra's bone. I think that is what is being done right now.

BBM: Okay, so according to this, the bone HAS been determined to be connected to Zahra's case, as it was tested at Chapel Hill, and then passed to the SBI lab in Raleigh (as per my media link upthread).

Right?

I think that this is a logical deduction, based on past and present statements.

I agree with Mark Glaas...on Nancy Grace he said that he feels that this bone shouldn't have been said to belong to the little girl or might belong to her until they know for sure it does. Nancy Grace has it belonging to the little girl and keeps saying that she disappeared from her bedroom but then goes on to say the step-mother is in jail and the LE are looking at stepmom and daddy. At times I think Nancy just rattles to hear herself because she sure doesn't stick with the truth half of the time.

I wish this little girl would be found alive somewhere. For some reason LE was really quick to call it a homicide. Half of the time they don't come to that conclusion even with evidence. They know a lot more than we do...I think. They are just keeping it quiet...darn them.

Did you guys see this?

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/br...hra-evidence-top-priority-20101109-17lld.html

"Were looking for any kind of confirmation on whether its a human bone, and if we can extract a DNA profile," Whisnant said.

On Monday, there were several pink flags along Christie Road where investigators had marked evidence, the Daily Record reported.

A few white flags were planted where law enforcement had found bones.

One of these links about the search describes the area along Christie Road. It says the road follows a creek, and this apparently is a 'dumping' ground as lots of trash and bags of trash are there, along with several animal corpses.

This is JMOO, that LE was pretty forthcoming about finding the bone they believe to be related to Zahra, so I see no reason for them to be evasive if other bones were found relating to Zahra.

I agree with Mark Glaas...on Nancy Grace he said that he feels that this bone shouldn't have been said to belong to the little girl or might belong to her until they know for sure it does. Nancy Grace has it belonging to the little girl and keeps saying that she disappeared from her bedroom but then goes on to say the step-mother is in jail and the LE are looking at stepmom and daddy. At times I think Nancy just rattles to hear herself because she sure doesn't stick with the truth half of the time.

I wish this little girl would be found alive somewhere. For some reason LE was really quick to call it a homicide. Half of the time they don't come to that conclusion even with evidence. They know a lot more than we do...I think. They are just keeping it quiet...darn them.

I live here in Caldwell County and a few years ago we had a murder (Emily Anderson) which the LE were accused of botching in many ways. The accused killer (her husband) was taken to trial but the DA dropped the case during trial because if the jury found him not guilty they would loose him. If they dropped the case then they could still take him to trial years later if more evidence was found. He is now free, living his life but the LE are still waiting to find a witness or some other type of evidence so they can charge him again with murder.

During that investigation we watched the evidence take crazy turns, heard rumors coming from the LE and to be honest a lot of people believed the case was a mess. The public were fed too much information and realized things were not being handled correctly.

Anyway, I said all that just so I could say that the LE here now are probably being extra careful. We don't have a lot of high profile cases in our town (I've lived here all my life and can only name one handful) and after the bad experience they are sure of themselves. This time they are using their heads, keeping evidence quiet and not making impulse statements to the press.

I can see a major difference in how LE is handling this case from the other one. And in all honesty, I appreciate their more professional manner with Zahra.

JMHO. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member