AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get it out of my head. I swear I think there's a lookout. Dontcha think? Plus they probably used the cover of bad weather to help their escape. I keep thinking about it happening on the 1st too. Isn't the 1st of every month when welfare recipients get their checks? Omg also it's when all govt checks are delivered, right? Isn't there a base near there? The perp used a gun. Can a RSO have a gun?

I still think it's so planned out that someone had their eye on the bf to avoid him showing up, so I definitely wouldn't discount the idea of a lookout close by the coffee shack.

ETA PLus the weather helped in 2 ways.....1st they say the snow berm was so high on the Tudor Rd. side of the Common Grounds that you could not see it well from the road. 2nd was that it snowed so considerably the night of the abduction, all tracks and scents for dogs were completely obliterated.
ALOT of convenient circumstances in this case. Far too many, imo, to think this wasn't well planned out.

I can't get it out of my head. I swear I think there's a lookout. Dontcha think? Plus they probably used the cover of bad weather to help their escape. I keep thinking about it happening on the 1st too. Isn't the 1st of every month when welfare recipients get their checks? Omg also it's when all govt checks are delivered, right? Isn't there a base near there? The perp used a gun. Can a RSO have a gun?

It would make sense to have another person to drive. The guy who has a gun on her is able to control her, while the other drives.

I think that whether or not there were more than one person involved depends on the reason she was taken...i.e. if a crazed stalker, for instance, he would be on his own, taking his chances...if some sort of "gang" or "revenge" thing, probably more than one person...JMO

Nada, JG. Could not even find an obit?

ETA Oh, yes that looks like her bf to me!

sbm

Me too! I get why he didn't want to give the media his last name but then why bother giving his first name? And how odd is it that not 1 person on any site has spilled the beans re: his last name..It's like a BIG secret or something..I seriously don't get it! Or how his first name is spelled..It can be any of these below..So, which one do YOU think it is? It's seriously driving me crazy not knowing! :maddening:

1. Duane
2. Dwayne
3. Dewayne

eta..One poster hit 'thanks'..It's IHAVENOCLUE..I guess that's your answer? Too funny! LOL!!

Read the comments. He might not be my cuppa tea but he speaks truth bc if he didn't then just saying that alone would give detectives probable cause to search his phone & net activity. Vulgar- not illegal. Mary-J- not illegal. Robbery charge- where's the record? Altercation with bouncer in bar- dropped in court. Sex charge- taken to court & dropped bc other party (Sam) didn't show up (for fear as per her dad) but Chris showed up every time he had to. He has custody of his daughter. His mouth is atrocious & he acts like a but he's still walking free. If the cops had anything on him they'd find a reason to hold him IMO.

http : // www . you tube DOT com/watch?v=E7luxnOxWWI

whytetyson187

(Note: take out the spaces & replace DOT with a .)

A SON any mom would be PROUD of ya think?

I think that whether or not there were more than one person involved depends on the reason she was taken...i.e. if a crazed stalker, for instance, he would be on his own, taking his chances...if some sort of "gang" or "revenge" thing, probably more than one person...JMO

Hey Clu! I share this POV!

Nada, JG. Could not even find an obit?

Ok found out her name is Ohne Zee aka Judy Mulder. Her body was found on the 6th. The last activity on her FB was Feb 2nd. I'm posting this bc it was questionable the timing but not linking her FB info bc the two incidents might not be related. Her tribute FB page & her personal FB page are easy to find. Knox, I know you know this so this is really an FYI for the newer commenters. Websleuths is very strict about linking to social media sites of people not involved in a case. If they turn out to be related then we can link them.

:grouphug:

sbm

Me too! I get why he didn't want to give the media his last name but then why bother giving his first name? And how odd is it that not 1 person on any site has spilled the beans re: his last name..It's like a BIG secret or something..I seriously don't get it! Or how his first name is spelled..It can be any of these below..So, which one do YOU think it is? It's seriously driving me crazy not knowing! :maddening:

1. Duane
2. Dwayne
3. Dewayne

eta..One poster hit 'thanks'..It's IHAVENOCLUE..I guess that's your answer? Too funny! LOL!!

bbm :D Dwayne

I don't know about welfare checks, but SS and SSI are delivered different days of the month now.

HI guys! Totally newish to the forum. I usually just lurk and read what's going on. In regards to the welfare. In Alaska I read it's called TANF, Temporary Assistance For Needy Families. It is like this is Texas where i'm originally from. It comes loaded on a card. Not a visa or credit type of card, in Texas the card is called a LoneStar card. I read that it's called the Quest card in Alaska. Typically, this is also your food stamp card as well. I used to work for the Texas Workforce Center. So i'm a little familiar with the government benefits from being around them so much. You don't get cash or a "check" any more. In Texas the day you got your benefits was determined by your last name and/or social security number. The EBT (electronic benefits transfer) can only be used at certain places that accept it. You generally can use it to buy anything and can even get money back like a debit card. When my husband was fired after he enlisted (yes, that is the reason they fired him. We have in writing that his cause of termination was 'joining the military'" he filed for unemployment. Basically because he only had about 3 or 4 months until he was going to leave for basic training and was hardly a prospect for anyone to invest on to hire since he was leaving so soon. When we received his unemployment "check" it was on an actual VISA card. I think we had an option to have it direct deposited also. The date we received it was determined by his SSN as well. I don't know anything about SS or SSI

In regards to an close Army post, there is one called Fort Richardson that is about 16 miles away. I think it's a joint base, which means it's army and another branch like Air Force. I'm not positive. I have a lot of friends stationed at Fort Wainwright. I know I saw a couple posts on my facebook about how it was -30 degrees or colder.

Sorry for rambling on and on. I'm not even sure i answered any questions!

I don't know about welfare checks, but SS and SSI are delivered different days of the month now.

I live in PA so I am not exactly sure about how welfare in Alaska is....but you get cash assistance or food stamps loaded on a card and it goes by the last couple of digits of your case number. This means it will be reloaded between the 1-10 of the month, depending on your case number. It doesn't necessarily follow "getting your welfare check on the 1". Hope this helps!!

How much longer will they kept the video under their lips? The public deserves to know about this monster(s) on the loose even if means nothing to them that one person may know something !! I pray for strength and courage for Samantha and her family. I Wish LE would give updates or are they lost too ? I am not convinced its CB. What about her school friends ? And why did she go to that school while it may be emotional or just a teen wanting to do their own thing and dad insisted on making her finish her education ? Maybe if we knew more about her dreams, goals, hang out spots, and friends/associates we could
Find some answers.

How much longer will they kept the video under their lips? The public deserves to know about this monster(s) on the loose even if means nothing to them that one person may know something !! I pray for strength and courage for Samantha and her family. I Wish LE would give updates or are they lost too ? I am not convinced its CB. What about her school friends ? And why did she go to that school while it may be emotional or just a teen wanting to do their own thing and dad insisted on making her finish her education ? Maybe if we knew more about her dreams, goals, hang out spots, and friends/associates we could
Find some answers.

I agree. IMO the APD is far too worried about "tainting" a jury pool than worrying about finding Samantha.

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-xml-feeds/Police-Explain-Why-They-Wont-Release-Video-of-Koenig-Abduction-138943419.html
Police say it will not help them solve the crime. “There is an evidentiary nature to those videos that were taken in by these security cameras and they can be used later on in court,” said Parker. “But if we are to present them now it would have the effect of tainting the jury.”

If they find her alive and can use the videos to prosecute, I will be glad to eat my words.

I also think their words that the suspect is "significantly taller" is a clue. I don't think of a 6' male as being significantly tall so I think it is someone taller than that.

Posted to YouTube on the 8th... Is this the APD's official spokesperson? Totally unprofessional. This cop seems like a very caring individual but this is unacceptable for an officer to speak out on certain things. When asked about what her family should feel, he should have said no comment could be made with regards to that. When asked about CB, he should have said no comment can be made as he hasn't been named an official suspect. He talks about what he doesn't want the public to do but then goes ahead & does exactly what he said not to do. Now if something happens to C, most especially is he's in fact innocent, then this cop's interview becomes a liability for APD. Best advice is to inform this guy what he can & cannot comment on pronto. This isn't the Palins indescretions for crying out loud needing the APD to play mediation - this is about a young missing lady whose darn life is at stake! Otherwise they're giving fuel to any half good criminal defense attorney. Anytime le fuels harassment, they become liable. As much as the public hates it, No Comment is always best policy unless it's an answer to a question that's been cleared & le has solid proof on. Literally.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIdNDsWg0s0&feature=results_video&lr=1&ob=0"]Missing Alaska barista: A Q&A with Anchorage police - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer