GUILTY NV - Suellen, 31, & Lexis Roberts, 12, Las Vegas, 4 Sept 2010

I wonder what is going on with this case?

Does it look like they may have possibly been traveling north on 64?

They both last used their phones on Sept. 5 and were 18 miles north of Williams. So a few things could have happened.

1) A car accident and vehicle hasn't been found.

2) Something criminal happened by someone else.

3) Sanders harmed Suellen and Lexis.

4) Sanders harmed Suellen and took off with Lexis.

5) They left to start a life together and for unknown reasons are not telling family.

What do others think happened? Any ideas?

It appears at least through Sunday the 5th, their trip was going as planned. I do not know that area at all, so I'm wondering if they could have become lost. Perhaps they couldn't make it back to the main road due to car trouble, ran out of gas, etc. I also wonder what cell phone coverage is like in those areas. I would assume there are "dead" areas so perhaps they were unable to call for help.

RubyRed has listed all the other possibilities I've thought about. Unless they really did run off to begin a new life, I don't have good feelings for a positive resolution to this case.

(Also they were driving a newer model vehicle. Would GPS be standard equip? Just throwing it out there ... I'm unfamiliar with how this technology works too)

13155809_BG3.jpg

13155809_BG4.jpg

silver 2001 Kia Spectra with Nevada license plate 153 UCR.

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13155809

Thanks Ruby. I must have read the vehicle description wrong in the reports. I thought it was a newer model.

If Sanders was going to do something to Suellen & Lexie, it could have happened anytime during that trip. We don't know what his record is for. It does look like everything was going as planned. I'm leaning towards some kind of accident now.

I wish they'd release more information.

Thanks Ruby. I must have read the vehicle description wrong in the reports. I thought it was a newer model.

If Sanders was going to do something to Suellen & Lexie, it could have happened anytime during that trip. We don't know what his record is for. It does look like everything was going as planned. I'm leaning towards some kind of accident now.

I wish they'd release more information.

It does seem like it was going as planned. I wonder if family is going to travel the road they were on and look for a possible accident? It is worth a try.

It does sound as if they may have been in an accident.

Still waiting for news on "Spider's" criminal record.

They both last used their phones on Sept. 5 and were 18 miles north of Williams. So a few things could have happened.

1) A car accident and vehicle hasn't been found.

2) Something criminal happened by someone else.

3) Sanders harmed Suellen and Lexis.

4) Sanders harmed Suellen and took off with Lexis.

5) They left to start a life together and for unknown reasons are not telling family.

What do others think happened? Any ideas?

I'm still at a loss. All of the above are open IMHO until we get more details.

About the accident scenario, they might have made a stop that was on the spur of the moment. I don't know what the weather has been there during the time frame that they were reported to have been missing but that area of the SW can be an extreme environment and if someone is unprepared and had an accident or car trouble they could easily become endangered from the heat quickly.

Sep. 23, 2010
Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

No leads on Las Vegas woman, daughter missing in Arizona

By MIKE BLASKY
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL Police still have no information about a Las Vegas woman and her 12-year-old daughter who went missing in Arizona earlier this month.
Suellen Roberts, 31, and her daughter, Lexis, were last seen at the Bearizona Drive-Thru Wildlife Park in Williams, Ariz., on Sept. 4, according to the Coconino County sheriff's office. Williams is about 200 miles southeast of Las Vegas.

Thomas Steven Sanders, 53, also known as "Spider," accompanied Roberts on the planned trip to Arizona. Police said Roberts and Sanders met at a storage facility in Las Vegas, where they both worked. Sanders also is missing.

According to records, Sanders and Roberts made cell phone calls on Sept. 5, placing them 18 miles north of Williams.
All phone activity has stopped .

Las Vegas police Lt. Rob Lundquist said that the Coconino County sheriff's office is handling the primary investigation and that his unit was assisting.
Thought we might have some news, disappointed that there is nothing new. Does it seem as if LE is not taking this case seriously?
http://www.lvrj.com/news/no-leads-o...ter-missing-in-arizona-103667824.html?ref=824

does anyone have any updates??? Ive been friends with Suellen and her daughter since 2001 and I an deeply worried about them, its not like her to up and disappear..damn news cant find much and wondering why no one is talking about it or cant find much info pertaining them

hello all new member, I actually know Suellen and her daughter, been friends since 2001 when we worked together, and I am deeply concerned about them. Has anyone been able to find what charges the guys had in the past? Its not like her to up and disappear, hoping for the best and can not stop thinking about it. Does anyone have any updates cause the news isnt telling me much???

Welcome to Websleuths brianh78. I'm sorry that it is under the circumstances.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back