**GRAPHIC**- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder: ***DISCUSSION OF THE VIDEO ONLY***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I just joined the board, I posed an initial hello message on the main LM Thread, but I'm following this one too. I have many questions like everyone else, about the video ... but one of the questions I had, I believe somewhere on one of the other threads a couple of people mentioned they thought there was a second dog in the room (an adult dog) . At one point I clearly hear the puppy bark once , but its clearly a high pitched yap typical of a young pup that we see. I don't recall any evidence of a second dog, though so I'm curious what may have lead people to think that. Perhaps I overlooked something.

Welcome to WS for all of the new members!!! I don't recall anything that would make someone think of a second dog being in the room. I was thinking about it more last night, and I bet LE knows what happened to the dog because they have not asked anyone with information about where he got to dog to come forward. The fact that nothing is being said from LE about the dog probably means the dog did not survive. I hope I am wrong....

Having watched that horrific video a few questions come to my mind.

Is there anything more disturbing that he could have done to the body?

He covered all his bases to make this the most disturbing, disgusting video ever. Putting in every element that he could. A killing, dismemberment, masturbation with a limb, cannibalism, necrophilia, the puppy,the wine bottle. And mailing the limbs to various places.

Well what will still be interesting is if the 15 min version shows more actual acts, or if a true raw version of who knows how long ever surfaces, what it shows. The necrophilia is simulated and suggested only, as he's fully clothed. And the cannabilism is actually only at this point, suggested too, as we never see proof it was sampled. Part of me is still in belief this is still the 'trailer' to the true raw version (not the 15 min one), which was held back for the highest bidder who wanted 'everything'. But, time will tell.

Welcome to WS for all of the new members!!! I don't recall anything that would make someone think of a second dog being in the room. I was thinking about it more last night, and I bet LE knows what happened to the dog because they have not asked anyone with information about where he got to dog to come forward. The fact that nothing is being said from LE about the dog probably means the dog did not survive. I hope I am wrong....

I forgot which forum I was on but I saw an identical ad from a year or two ago from Arizona looking for a dog. What turned the light on was the reference to the "family owning a pet store" . I believe it was under his cutelittlenemo1 moniker, so the May 20 ad on montreal's craigslist had to be him. Perhaps LE could first contact the ad to see if they get a response, or try to recover emails on the computer linking him to the ad.

Hi Everyone! I haven't watched the kill vid and don't plan to. I do however, feel the video is the most important aspect of this case and worth discussing - so here I am! I don't know how much I'll be able to contribute without having seen the video (only one particularly horrible still that I wished I didn't see...) but I've read the descriptions and have a general idea of what went on.

That being said, the hand/ring comparison shots are very helpful. I could tell right away those were LM's hands, because in every picture of him where I can see them, I shudder. He has the creepiest, spindliest, longest fingers. Yuck.

I also believe the Craigslist ad was written by LM. But I find it funny no one has come forward and been like "Oh man, I gave him that dog!". I suppose the person might be afraid of public scrutiny. Or maybe LM had no luck with the ad and stole a dog?

Did you mean 7-8 Weeks old? The puppy in the video/pic sure doesn't look any older than that.

It might have been weeks. The twitter was in French (which I don't speak very well) so I had to use google translate for most of it.

At 3:24, right before LM pans to the Casablanca poster, JLs hands are free, when it cuts back to JL, there is still the string or rope around his wrist and hanging from his right arm. Don't know why it caught my eye but it seemed strange.

this was posted in the other thread.. in response to how he got thru the bone..

"He used an angle grinder you can see him holding it in his right hand in the first 40 seconds of the video. " By, Justice P.I

looking back it does somewhat look like an angle grinder, but it definitely has an electrical cord of sorts dangling from it.. its the same object he picks up from the side of the bed, as you get a frame or 2 where parts of the cord are visible..

edit: does anyone have a real good screen capture of the ice pick itself? is it an actual icepick? or a knife at is jsut similar.. reason being, an actual icepick would make a rather small puncture wound, especially on a dead victim. the holes on JL stomach seem to large for an actual icepick, could he have been attempting to aim his stabs into centralized areas to make them larger and more visible?

At 3:24, right before LM pans to the Casablanca poster, JLs hands are free, when it cuts back to JL, there is still the string or rope around his wrist and hanging from his right arm. Don't know why it caught my eye but it seemed strange.

Yep.. I caught that too...

another really odd thing I noticed at 3:34 (in my initial viewing still not wanting to believe it was real) is that JL's hand is MUCH darker than his arm and body (under his hand so it isn't the result of the lighting). It looked like a mannequin.

Also in this same frame (3:34) it is well after the pick because his left arm has been amputated but there are absolutely NO visible wounds on his trunk... further lending to my speculation that LRM photoshopped some of the frames; maybe he goofed up and didn't correct the coloring of his hand as there is an obvious line?

Perhaps he photoshopped some of the frames to lead us to question whether or not there was more than one victim?

It's just a small snippet to show the coloring it is not graphic but I will remove it if anyone thinks it should not be shown.

Attachments

• JLhandcolor.jpg
    JLhandcolor.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 552
I only watched 2 minutes of the video and I remember seeing something that looked like an icepick and I stopped the video. It was a long and thin instrument so the context led me to believe it was an icepick.

I need some help with my memory. I thought I saw body hair on the victim. Did I imagine this? I thought I saw hair on the tummy area. TIA.

Yep.. I caught that too...

another really odd thing I noticed at 3:34 (in my initial viewing still not wanting to believe it was real) is that JL's hand is MUCH darker than his arm and body (under his hand so it isn't the result of the lighting). It looked like a mannequin.

Also in this same frame (3:34) it is well after the pick because his left arm has been amputated but there are absolutely NO visible wounds on his trunk... further lending to my speculation that LRM photoshopped some of the frames; maybe he goofed up and didn't correct the coloring of his hand as there is an obvious line?

Perhaps he photoshopped some of the frames to lead us to question whether or not there was more than one victim?

It's just a small snippet to show the coloring it is not graphic but I will remove it if anyone thinks it should not be shown.

I'm not sure but it doesn't look like a knife. Looks like an ice pick (or maybe a screwdriver??)

"He used an angle grinder you can see him holding it in his right hand in the first 40 seconds of the video. " By, Justice P.I

edit: does anyone have a real good screen capture of the ice pick itself?

{RSBM}

see images for "pick", knife and angle grinder attached...

ETA: the more I think about it I wonder if he used a screwdriver before the ice pick or instead of due to the size of the trunk wounds.

Attachments

• anglegrinderWBS.jpg
    anglegrinderWBS.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 237
  • knife.jpg
    knife.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 226
  • pick.jpg
    pick.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 219
I only watched 2 minutes of the video and I remember seeing something that looked like an icepick and I stopped the video. It was a long and thin instrument so the context led me to believe it was an icepick.

I need some help with my memory. I thought I saw body hair on the victim. Did I imagine this? I thought I saw hair on the tummy area. TIA.

Yes, there was pubic hair in the beginning... not later (see attached composite I created).

Attachments

• body4pubic.jpg
    body4pubic.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 193
{RSBM}

see images for "pick", knife and angle grinder attached...

ETA: the more I think about it I wonder if he used a screwdriver before the ice pick or instead of due to the size of the trunk wounds.

I agree. I just found the video again and got up the nerve to watch it in 'full screen' mode. I noticed things I did not notice before. For one thing, the first wounds you see are from the knife I believe - or definitely a much larger object than the ice pick. You see him repeatedly stab the victim with the ice pick, but you do NOT see wounds appearing for the most part. There are also wounds of different sizes on the chest. I wonder if some of the wounds are repeated stabs into the same place??? In any case, I am posting a close up of the original wounds, and a closes up of the chest wounds. Mods, if this is too much, please remove, and I will rephrase without the pictures. I find the pictures really helpful in understanding, but I understand that some people may not be up to seeing this nightmare. I certainly mean no disrespect to JL... quiet the opposite. I want LM put away for life. I cannnot bear another Casey Anthony situation.

Attachments

• First Wounds.JPG
    First Wounds.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 220
  • Chest, different size wounds.JPG
    Chest, different size wounds.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 214
No I don't think so. You can see the hand strap for the hand held cam in the kill vid on more than one occasion. I am 99% sure it was a cam like the one I just posted a link for.

Is this the camera strap or something from the hoodie he was wearing? You see this item swinging in and out of view as the camera is moved around.

Attachments

• Camera or Hoodie Strap..JPG
    Camera or Hoodie Strap..JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 158
this was posted in the other thread.. in response to how he got thru the bone..

looking back it does somewhat look like an angle grinder, but it definitely has an electrical cord of sorts dangling from it.. its the same object he picks up from the side of the bed, as you get a frame or 2 where parts of the cord are visible..

SBM - I agree that the weapon that was probably used to dismember was something like an angle grinder. Here is a screen shot of the weapon as seen 0:04 into the video, as well as a picture of an angle grinder. In addition, I searched for "angle grinder murder weapon" and found a horrible story on that horrible Bestgore site about a woman who decapitated her son and killed her infant daughter with an angle grinder. I am going to bed now.... this is just all too much. My family was upset with me tonight for even looking at this stuff. I want evidence to be found, documented, and for it to be above reproach in court. Please God, let this case see justice!!!

Attachments

• Close up of Object At Beginning of Video.JPG
    Close up of Object At Beginning of Video.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 153
  • angle grinder.JPG
    angle grinder.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 73
It's interesting that people are finding descrepancies with the video (i.e. disappearing wounds, ties around LM's wrists, the darker coloured hand). Why would LM edit the video this way? We know he was handy with editing photographs. I'm wondering if he thought it would confuse LE and make a conviction more difficult? After all, LM did think himself pretty crafty (even though we all know now that he's not).

One thing other thing I've been wondering - how long would it take someone to do this kind of editing? I just have trouble imagining LM sitting in his apartment with JL's body parts scattered around, meticulously editing video. And does anyone know what program he might have used?

When Bernardo and Homolka were arrested for their horrible crimes, there were so many rumours going around via email about the details in the case. One of the rumours was that Homolka was using the hand from a dead victim to masturbate with and that it was filmed. That escalated to even worse and more shocking rumours of her using a severed hand from one of the victims to masturbate with (at the time, we knew that Leslie Mahaffy, one of the victims, was found dismembered). This rumour is STILL out there on the internet. It turned out that Homolka did use the hand of an unconscious victim (I can't remember who, maybe it was "Jane Doe") I have to wonder if LM's obsession with Karla helped with his sick ideas of what to do with Lin Jun's body parts. Just throwing that out there.

As far the bloodless wounds go, the victim had probably already bled out. When the body is flipped over it seems that remaining blood had already begun to settle to his back, so the icepick wounds wouldn't have welled up due to lack of circulation (and gravity).

As far the bloodless wounds go, the victim had probably already bled out. When the body is flipped over it seems that remaining blood had already begun to settle to his back, so the icepick wounds wouldn't have welled up due to lack of circulation (and gravity).

I think this is called LIVOR MORTIS. Blood congeals in the capillaries due to gravity in about 4-5 hours (from wikipidia). Does the back have a black and blue colour? This could indicate some time between the actual death and when the body was flipped over.

I think this is called LIVOR MORTIS. Blood congeals in the capillaries due to gravity in about 4-5 hours (from wikipidia). Does the back have a black and blue colour? This could indicate some time between the actual death and when the body was flipped over.

There is discoloration, but not as much as google images links to livor mortis, so it might be early in the onset, or something else altogether. It's just something I noticed at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong