FL FL - Bryan Hayes, 13, & Mark Degner, 12, Jacksonville, 10 Feb 2005

Boy, it's close to a year since these boys disappeared. I wonder if it is even possible that they are still alive as it seems impossible that they could take care of themselves out in this horrible world. I just wonder if some pervert befriended them making them think he was their friend and wanted to help them.

Did their pictures ever get out so that people would know what they look like?
Maybe if LE contacted Nancy she would do a segment on the boys. She did two full nights on Tara. It seems that she could take a few minutes and get the story of these two boys with pictures out there.

I can't imagine being in the shoes of these parents not knowing a thing. I feel so bad for them. I hope something breaks in this case....soon.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=51470
Photo at link

It's been one year since two boys from Paxon Middle School disappeared from the First Coast.

Thirteen-year-olds Bryan Hayes and Mark Degner left school and have not been seen by their families since.

On the one year anniversary, their families and other families who are missing loved ones let go a sea of yellow balloons with the boys' names on them.

"We just want you to know, Mark and Bryan, we love you and want you home with us," says Linda Alligood, who is Mark's mother.

Police say the boys' pictures have been shown across the country and leads continue to come into the JSO from the East Coast to the West Coast.

The families made a passionate plea for anyone who may have their sons to return them and promised to never stop searching.

Last year, nearly 50,000 kids disappeared in Florida. A good share of that number was runaways.

If you have any information about the boys' whereabouts, call our partner, First Coast Crime Stoppers, at 1-866-845-TIPS. You will remain anonymous and could be eligible for a cash reward up to $1,000.

I was hoping there had been a break in the case when I saw the new posts. At least it sounds like the case is still active, they're still getting tips and following up.

Mark and Bryan have been added to Project Jason's Adopt a Missing Person program. Please consider helping reunite them with their families by wearing their photo buttons and sharing their story with others. For more details on how you can make a difference, please see:

http://www.projectjason.org/adopt.html
http://www.projectjason.org
Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

BUMP

I'm wondering if anyone here knows more about the "developmental delay" that these boys are classified with. I was always under the impression that they were severely emotionally disturbed - but that is not considered a developmental delay. I have so many thoughts and theories about these two boys but much of it is speculation so I can't exactly share. Anyway, if anyone knows exactly what developmental delay the boys are diagnosed with or if the use of the statement was in error, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks.

I think of these boys daily, and pray they can be strong. I just don't know...given the time elapsed, and no real sightings...Then, I am not able to get the photo out of my head of those 3 boys tied up, and it makes me really wonder/hope they are still alive. And yes, the one boy is in need of medication...daily...
Makes one think there really is an active child sex slave ring going on....just maybe....
Dear God, please stop this insanity.
Bring relief to these children, and their parents.
Prayers for them, and theirs, everyday.
Bryan and Mark, :) you are NOT forgotten!

I saw this title and thought maybe they had been found somehow. I can hardly believe there is no trace of either one of these boys. They just aren't that old to be self sufficient. This is one of those cases that does come to mind frequently that I do wonder about.

Yes the fact that they are developmentally disadvantaged makes it even more frightening that they may have wandered willingly into the clutches of a weirdo. Praying that these boys have not come to harm.

Beyond Belief said:
I wonder where in the heck they are..............

Did the press just drop this like a hot potato? I haven't heard a word on these boys in forever. Is there anyone right there in the area who can call the local media and ask for an update, ask that they PLEASE bring these boys to the forefront of at least the local news again??

After all this time, I'm not sure how much hope there is that these youngsters are alive, but maybe, just maybe they can still be recovered.

I just can't imagine what has happened to these two, and what their parents must be feeling. Devastated, I'm sure. We're going on another Christmas here, with nada. I pray there is some renewed interest in this case. This should not be happening in the USA. Makes me want to do that implant thing to my own child. Has it really come to this? I guess so. GPS, cameras, internet lockouts. I remember when it wasn't like this. Now, it is absolutely essential for all citizens safety. (Cell phones, too. Aren't 911 calls free on cell phones, even if you are out of your zone?) This is one of the saddest stories I have ever heard about. No leads. Two YOUNG BOYS. How can this be? Someone KNOWS something. Really. I pray for them daily, as well as the families. I hope someone can at least print/relate an update. Until then...bumping for the boys.

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- It has been almost two years since Mark Degner and Bryan Hayes disappeared.

They were last seen walking away from Paxon Middle School.

But Mark's mom Linda Alligood says she is more hopeful than ever.

"You worry a lot more. It's been two years now, they can't take care of themselves, so someone must have them. Are they taking care of them like I would take care of them? It's scary," says Alligood.

But Alligood has new hope.

"There is hope, that they will be found," says Alligood.

She says seeing how missing teens Ben Ownby and Shawn Hornbeck were found in Missouri gives her that hope.

Her son Mark Degner and his friend Bryan Hayes both disappeared on February 10, 2005.

This week the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children released pictures of the boys showing what they might look like now two years older.

"I had a really big chill not seeing him face to face but to see a picture of him at that age, it's like he's gotten a lot thinner and taller," says Alligood.

She says as calls and tips about her missing son have slowed down and stopped it's been hard to stay optimistic.

But she says the Missouri case has now taught her not to give up

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/spotlight/news-article.aspx?storyid=73374

I've been thinking about two little guys as well since Ben and Shawn were found. Where are these boys????? Why aren't they getting any media attention?????

Two Missing Jacksonville Boys Remembered

May 25 is a day set aside to remember missing children across the nation.

Linda Alligood knows all about this day. It's been 27 months since her son, Mark Degner, and his friend, Bryan Hayes, were last seen leaving Paxon Middle School.

Leads on possible spottings continue to pour into authorities. One was reported just last week in Jacksonville, but there wasn't enough information to follow.

"It just gets more and more difficult. Harder and harder, explaining to my eight-year-old, you know, we don't know where he's at we're trying to find them," says Alligood.

She always has a picture of son nearby. She's always showing anyone and telling everyone about him.

"I still pass out fliers, tell people he's missing...look for his face."

Authorities have used a computer program to show what Mark and Bryan may look like today.

Right now, there is a $10,000 reward available to anyone who can help lead police to the teens.

"You just don't know. You want to hear his voice, see his face, know that he's o.k," says Alligood.

Linda Alligood says she just holds on to the hope that her son will someday be found.

They are surely with someone. They couldnt have got by for this long just the two of them. It just takes someone else to alert police to their suspicions and perhaps some fresh media interest!

Oh my gosh, this is so sad. I hope nothing bad happened to these boys. I'll be saying a prayer for them and their families tonight. Why don't they get news coverage? Probably because it's assumed they ran away? :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back