Caylee's Shoes...Important Clue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly thought, but ... who would be the source for verifying that all of Caylee's shoes were in the home? Is there really a reliable source who would honestly admit if a pair were missing? And, without a reliable source, how would LE verify all were accounted for?

Surely as obsessively orderly as Cindy seemed to be she would know if Caylee's shoes were missing. Nothing was haphazard inside that house.

Someone named "enzeder" posted this link with pictures taken by the police on the first page of the thread. The police took pictures of Caylee's shoes - and she had lots of them, and most of them seem to be lined up in an orderly fashion or inside shoe hangers. Not much is missing. There could be one pair missing at the most, and that might just be something she outgrew.

And what struck me the first time I saw those pictures still strikes me today - if the Nanny took her, why is her diaper bag there? And all the shoes? Babies need all that stuff, so there's really no way to explain it except that she wasn't alive anymore, which turned out to be true. The police had to know that the first time they saw Caylee's room, and that's why the carefully documented her clothing.

Surely as obsessively orderly as Cindy seemed to be she would know if Caylee's shoes were missing. Nothing was haphazard inside that house.

Someone named "enzeder" posted this link with pictures taken by the police on the first page of the thread. The police took pictures of Caylee's shoes - and she had lots of them, and most of them seem to be lined up in an orderly fashion or inside shoe hangers. Not much is missing. There could be one pair missing at the most, and that might just be something she outgrew.

And what struck me the first time I saw those pictures still strikes me today - if the Nanny took her, why is her diaper bag there? And all the shoes? Babies need all that stuff, so there's really no way to explain it except that she wasn't alive anymore, which turned out to be true. The police had to know that the first time they saw Caylee's room, and that's why the carefully documented her clothing.

The way KC explains it to Cindy is that Zanny the Uber Nanny had duplicates of everything for Caylee. KC thought she was very clever and had all her lies covered. But, she covered her lies with more lies since G&C never checked her out. LE was the first to hold her accountable-I think it shocked her that they didn't just take her word for everything!!
OHNO.gif
KC then blames them for not doing their job to validate her lies!! And does it with attitude!!:loser:

Not only the absence of shoes at the dump site, but the presence of a blanket off of Caylee's bed tell me this crime happened at home. It would not appear logical that an outing out of the house brought along a Caylee without shoes, but with a large blanket. Not to mention there is no reason given for KC to have a roll of duct tape in her car-handy for an impulsive homicidal act. I totally agree that KC would have sought out her comfort zone(the Anthony house) for such risky behaviour.

Two things on my mind . . . 1) KC told LE that she received call from Caylee w/Zanny the day before they first got involved and she said Caylee was talking about her (new?) shoes. I do think Caylee's shoes are an important issue in this case due to the comment Kc made as the last time she spoke with her daughter. 2) I don't remember if we ever discussed Caylee having a favorite "blankie" - usually (in my experience) those are pretty worn and tattered by the time they are 3 y/o. It seems doubtful to me that her favorite blankie would be her crib quilt (Winnie found at scene of remains). Honestly don't remember many pics w/Caylee w/a favorite blankie or with the Mama doll for that matter.

My daughter as a toddler ALWAYS took off her shoes in the car. And all kinds of other inopportune places. Summer shoes like the flip-flops mentioned above were always dropping off her feet when she was in a grocery cart. She might have lost one at the store and KC threw the other in the parking lot because she was angry, who knows?

Since the original "chain of custody" in the car evidence was contaminated by GA and CA (and perhaps even KC, she came home at 2 am on the 16th) we may never know for sure about those shoes, unfortunately.

I keep thinking of the cliche I heard on TV last week, as a mother advises her son before his trip to LE "How does a fish get caught? He opens his mouth". Who knew there would be a family of them covering up here?

Yes, I agree! I have 4 kids and my 2 toddlers always take their shoes off, especially in the car.

Two things on my mind . . . 1) KC told LE that she received call from Caylee w/Zanny the day before they first got involved and she said Caylee was talking about her (new?) shoes. I do think Caylee's shoes are an important issue in this case due to the comment Kc made as the last time she spoke with her daughter. 2) I don't remember if we ever discussed Caylee having a favorite "blankie" - usually (in my experience) those are pretty worn and tattered by the time they are 3 y/o. It seems doubtful to me that her favorite blankie would be her crib quilt (Winnie found at scene of remains). Honestly don't remember many pics w/Caylee w/a favorite blankie or with the Mama doll for that matter.

What if CA had bought Caylee new shows and KC was returning them to Walmart? KC does speak in half-truths sometimes. May be that is why Caylee was sooooooo mad that day.

What if CA had bought Caylee new shows and KC was returning them to Walmart? KC does speak in half-truths sometimes. May be that is why Caylee was sooooooo mad that day.

That makes sense when you consider that Walmart will probably only do returns for cash if you have the receipt - otherwise it's store credit. As desperate for $ that KC was at that point in time . . . . . hmmmmmm:waitasec:

Bumping this thread for very selfish reasons. Hoping it will catch the attention of a shoe-status WS expert that can answer a question surfaced in the "Walmart..." thread.

It was proposed/asked in the "Walmart..." thread if the claim has been made that ALL of Caylee's shoes have been accounted for @ G&C's.

The answer maybe buried in this thread...so I'm bein' selfish and lazy to take this approach :bang:

Goes to the potential for Casey to have gone to Walmart to buy Caylee some shoes 6/16 (JT statement) and the implications that would have for Casey's intent/plan that afternoon.

TIA!

Earlier in the thread we had discussed if all of Caylee's shoes had been accounted for and I do not believe we had a concrete answer. This was mostly due to the fact that the family would probably be the only ones who could answer that question.

What I observed to be notable was not only that the shoes had all been photographed, but there were photos of all her white tennis shoes (or sneakers) grouped together. I believe this was due to George saying that Caylee had been last seen in white sneakers. LE did the same thing with all her pink shirts and all her jean skirts/shorts.

Also, noted...Casey made a point to say that the Nanny had shoes for Caylee at the house. Was this to explain away the fact that all Caylee's shoes could be accounted for?

When Casey said that LE "hadn't even found Caylee's clothes" as stated by someone early on in the case, was she talking about the fact the clothes and shoes Caylee was reported to be last seen in were present and accounted for right there in the house?

One last thought, I agree with those of you who cannot put faith in an honest answer from the GPs regarding Caylee's shoes.

Does it appear to anyone else that there are spaces for two more pairs of Caylee's shoes in this pic? (sorry I don't know how to add the pic itself). The spacing appears to at least accomodate one more pair and it looks as if they had been lined up and someone grabbed those out of the lineup . . . .

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/18740442/detail.htmlindex.html?currentSlide=30&taf=orlc

It seems to be there are more shoes missing! She has to have more shoes than that IMO. My 6 month old has more shoes that that. The spacing does shoe their are at least 2 other pairs missing.

Well, I seem to remember 2 other pair of shoes that aren't shown in the picture above. There's a picture of Caylee floating around where she has "water" shoes on and another oucture of her in sandals...trying to remember if they're those "jelly" sandals...not sure, though

I am sure those shoes were arranged / staged prior to photos being taken. We all know how CA likes things neat. She's the type that would clean up before a housekeeper. IMO, the only significance of the "shoes" comment, was to think of an explanation for LE had Cindy said, "and none of her shoes or clothes are missing so something isn't right". In her pea brain, KC expected that telling everyone that Caylee was talking about shoes while with Zanny would be sufficient to shut mom up. "See Mom, she HAS freakin shoes. So she is fine."

E

What I observed to be notable was not only that the shoes had all been photographed, but there were photos of all her white tennis shoes (or sneakers) grouped together. I believe this was due to George saying that Caylee had been last seen in white sneakers. LE did the same thing with all her pink shirts and all her jean skirts/shorts.

and

sleutherontheside said (sorry still learning on how to do multiple quotes)

I am sure those shoes were arranged / staged prior to photos being taken. We all know how CA likes things neat. She's the type that would clean up before a housekeeper.

I guess we are just not sure on who might have arranged them - but if they were being lined up for a photo - I would assume there wouldn't be a perfect space for at least one if not two more pair . . . maybe I am just making too much of this tidbit . . ..

In the Set 10: Photos released February 18, 2009, In photo 123 of Caylees closet- they seem to be in the second from the bottom row of the shoe organizer, hanging off her closet.
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/021809remainsfoundOCSOpictures_set10/indexGallery.htm

I loved her in those little shoes :(

OK, Here's a pair of shoes that seem to be unaccounted for. This picture is from Easter 2008 - right before Caylee died. Link is below:

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...prev=/images?q=Caylee+Anthony&hl=en&sa=N&um=1

CayleeEaster2008.jpg

Hi JG!! I think those croc style shoes are referred to and depicted in the post I quoted above yours. (I think it is approx. the 10th row of pictures down.)

Hi JG!! I think those croc style shoes are referred to and depicted in the post I quoted above yours. (I think it is approx. the 10th row of pictures down.)

Hi Harmony! I'm really confused...can't find them!

and

sleutherontheside said (sorry still learning on how to do multiple quotes)

I am sure those shoes were arranged / staged prior to photos being taken. We all know how CA likes things neat. She's the type that would clean up before a housekeeper.

I guess we are just not sure on who might have arranged them - but if they were being lined up for a photo - I would assume there wouldn't be a perfect space for at least one if not two more pair . . . maybe I am just making too much of this tidbit . . ..

Hi! To multi-quote you click on the button with the quotation symbol and plus sign of the posts you want to quote. They will turn red. Then click "post reply" at the bottom left of the page.

Here's another pic showing Caylee in white sandals. I'm not sure when this was taken but she looks about the same size as her Easter egg hunting picture. Link is below:

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ylee+Anthony&ndsp=20&hl=en&sa=N&start=20&um=1

Caylee.jpg

Those sandals are not in the lineup of white shoes found at Hopespring shown above in Lisalei's post.

Hi Harmony! I'm really confused...can't find them!

On Karn's link there are sets of photos. Go to the 10th row down first picture on the left. It shows a shoe rack of shoes behind the door. It looks like those blue croc shoes are in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes