Identified! NY - Harlem, BlkMale 1609UMNY, 20-30, USMC Tattoo, Jun'97 Leroy Bernard Matthews

I am going to send an email to the Brownsville, TX Police Department to see if I can get any more info on Robert King Scott. Hopefully they will be willing to help! I will let you know what I find out (if anything).

I created a thread for Robert King Scott

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7443158#post7443158

I received a reply from Brownsville, PD stating that Det. Martinez will look into this and get back to me as soon as he has an answer.

Possibility, but perhaps a long shot :confused: - Anthony Lofston http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lofston_anthony.html

Height and weight are correct for our UID man. Anthony has an upper arm tattoo, though i cannot find a picture or description of it anywhere :/ Time frame fits: Anthony disappeared in 1994, three years before our gentleman was found in NYC. Perhaps enough time for a stint in the marines, or other service?

Wish I could find a better picture of Anthony. His cheekbones do look similar to the facial structure of our UID man, but I can't get a good look at his nose shape, and the lips look a little off (our Doe's mouth looks a bit wider horizontally, perhaps).

Might be worth a look into, at least as far as finding out what Anthony's tattoo was.

Thinking of this unidentified man... So sad that he died alone, and is still without his name and a place to rest among loved ones. :(

Per a request from CherBearSTL and Wanting2Help, I did a recon of this John Doe.

a89d2738-332b-4576-a5b8-ac5e3f2cccc1.jpg

My friend gave me this link as a source for Absentee Marine Collection... It says once the warrant is issued for UA or Deserter the records go to:

Would someone feel comfortable calling? I am still so new at this I'm not really sure what questions to ask.

My friend did not know if they could search records in reverse (without a name).

http://www.hqmc.usmc.mil/PP&O/PS/psl/corrections/absenteeCollection.asp

I'll happily call. :) Thanks!

Oriah,
Were you able to make the call to see if someone @ NCIC could help with the Absentee Marine Collection records?

My experience is mostly with army and airforce, so I called an army friend (specializes in POW searches) yesterday to see if he had any thoughts. He said he would try to get hold of a marine in records who might be able to help.
In the meantime, I'm wondering if this man had any chemical substances in his body at the time? Did he have food in his stomach? Was he taken to a hospital prior to the ME? Seems like the ME should have all this info on file.

For a visual on the subway station I believe he may have been at (or traveling to/from):

IND St Nicholas Ave Line: R46 A Train at 145th St (Uptown Bound) - YouTube

This poor guy- I am really bothered by the fact that he seems to have no one who cares who he was.

Any word from your friend? TIA

I sent another email to the ME. He responded this time and said "Fingerprints were handled by the NYPD. They would have run them locally, at the NY state level, and eventually up to the FBI. We do not currently have a DNA sample for this case as this was before samples were taken on every case as part of routine. He is currently at city burial".

I sent another email to the ME. He responded this time and said "Fingerprints were handled by the NYPD. They would have run them locally, at the NY state level, and eventually up to the FBI. We do not currently have a DNA sample for this case as this was before samples were taken on every case as part of routine. He is currently at city burial".

I know that she said they "would have run them locally..." but the question is DID they run them? I wonder if she would consider getting some DNA from him with the grant money they got. We know they have the funds! :banghead:

Any word from your friend? TIA

Yes- he said he would try and find what info had actually been collected. Still waiting to hear the facts on that. Was horrified at the number of MP's that might match an AWOL. :(

I replied to the ME and asked him if the remains were actually buried or if they were retrievable to process for a DNA sample. I will let you know if/when I hear something.

I'm not sure where "city burial" is. Is that a cemetary? I googled but couldn't find anything. Does anyone have access to the web site to find a grave?

Also, I will be speaking with the reporter again tonight if anyone has anything they want me to mention to him...

I replied to the ME and asked him if the remains were actually buried or if they were retrievable to process for a DNA sample. I will let you know if/when I hear something.

I'm not sure where "city burial" is. Is that a cemetary? I googled but couldn't find anything. Does anyone have access to the web site to find a grave?

Also, I will be speaking with the reporter again tonight if anyone has anything they want me to mention to him...

I'm thinking potter's field? I have find-a-grave access. Maybe cremated? I'm not sure if that jurisdiction can cremate without consent though... Going to see if I can find that info now.

I'm thinking potter's field? I have find-a-grave access. Maybe cremated? I'm not sure if that jurisdiction can cremate without consent though... Going to see if I can find that info now.

I was confused because he said "he is currently at city burial." Maybe I'm reading too much into it but because he used the word "currently" it implies to me that he could be moved. Maybe he is accessible for DNA sampling???

I'm still wondering about the weight listed for him. For 5'7" 130lbs is really thin.

According to this link a male at that height should weigh:

Small Frame 138-145 lbs
Medium Frame 142-154 lbs
Large Frame 149-168 lbs

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

There have been a few guys I have ruled out based on the weight. I'm wondering if that weight was entered wrong? His arm in the photo looks pretty filled out to me. I wouldn't think he would have that type of muscle and be considered very underweight.

He looks similar to me.... Dates & height are off..?

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/12138

At first glance I thought that you had found him, but a couple of things stand out to me that make me believe that it's probably not:
1) This guy was only 19. I have a feeling the UID was much older than that.
2) His eyebrows don't have the same arch as the UID.
3) His ears appear to be attached at the lobes and the UIDs were not.

But I think he is the closest facial match that I have ever seen.

I sent an email to this site. Hoping they can list him. http://www.blackandmissinginc.com/cdad/index.cfm

They are mentioned on the "Find our Missing" website. With all of the publicity the show is creating maybe someone will recognize him....

I heard back from them already and they will do all that they can to assist in identifying John Doe. :)

A little more exposure can't hurt!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back