Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, yes it does now. It is so strange...I always try to find the best in someone or reasons to explain actions...but I am struggling on this one.

I think that the reason GBC would not have been asked to join the search is a big indication that there is something suspicious. Imagine if he had joined and had been found near or indeed found the body how could forensics be sure that anything on the body did not come from the time of the find or previously.

Personally I think before. I think IF it was him, it's innappropriate for him to attend and would be disturbing to his children when they get older. To be comforted by the very person who took away your mother doesnt seem right to me-in fact i would consider that a further betrayal. Not to mention how awful it would be for her other friends and family, it would be like a slap in the face! But like you said... There would never be an ideal time would there.

I agree with you.

I agree to an extent. I was going to say that maybe they show their emotions in private, BUT THEN I REMEMBERED THAT KISS. I think crying would have been a much better option. IMO

Lol, that kiss has damned them to hell hasn't it. Crying definitely would have been a better show. But you know some people are just 'different' not all of us would act the same in a given set of circumstances and it doesn't mean we are wrong. I am not defending actions in anyway. But through experiences I try not to judge others when I am not walking in their shoes. Not taking a dig, I'm just saying. Some people may not be good with expressing different emotions. (I know they got the kissing down pat...:blushing:)... Anyway just saying.

It's Thursday night. My tip is that they are going to do a re-enactment to see if their theories/evidence hold together and perhaps pull in more witnesses. Hence embargo till 5am.

That is a good point.

what 'marriage enhancement' expert (aka Nigel BC) would think it fine to throw his support towards the mistress and yet remain indifferent and quite aloof from the emotional heartbreak and angst the rest of the community is trying to come to grips with. I would say that Allison is receiving more love form the community than she ever recieved from that family.

What on earth is a 'marriage enhancement' expert anyway?? lol..it he self appointed in that field?

I too have suffered terribly with Depression and have moments of highs and Lows..But it is not for anyone else to comment on and use as an excuse for certain behaviour and my point in saying this RE: Olivias comments were because given what we suspect GBC was having an affair this could possibly be a reason for her depression provided she actually suffered from it in the first place. So for GBC's family to openly state and insinuate her disappearance could be due to depression is insulting and just plain disrespectful.

Wouldn't it have been easier or nicer for them to have said "Allison Please come home and if there is anything we can do for you we can help?" But "NO!" it sounded more like an accusation and rather blaz'e in the tone of the whole statement....IMO

so like I said before had Allison just dissapeared and not been murdered if I were her I would of been Damn Cranky that she had told the world that I was depressed.

I have post traumatic stress disorder and have more lows than highs :( I get to the stage where i never want to go outside. As it is i only go out 2 times a fortnight. Since hearing about this case it has upset me more than anything else has ever. I may not know Allison but i feel so sad about it especially tonight knowing that the funeral is tomorrow. I'm kind of in two minds about who did it though but i'm not saying anything until it's proven. I would hate to say someone did it when there really hasn't been enough information put out. I think after the funeral tomorrow i will have a couple of days break because i think it gets a bit too much sometimes. I end up having nightmares about someone i don't even know and about something i have no idea about what happened :(

I was thinking he went and met with him beforehand??? Sometime between 11pm and 4am possibly?

Possible legal advice/searches sought Thurs night via computer- now being held by QPS (That would really look bad for him. But keeping open mind, if so and if there was others involved and threats(not fact, just me thinking out loud), maybe not for the reasons we might suspect)

I dont see anything suspicious about not wanting to drag the poor canoeist into everything media-wise. I see no reason why they would publicise anything about that person. The poor thing would probably get harassed and I'm sure they're traumatised enough as it is :-(

I don't disagree that if I was the person who found the body, that I would want my privacy. But this is the media that we are talking about. Since when did the media care about the feelings of the people that they report on? I can assure you that when the Daily Telegraph provided information that could and did identify TM, it wasn't concerned with the impact of that on her feelings.

What on earth is a 'marriage enhancement' expert anyway?? lol..it he self appointed in that field?

The mind boggles??? He and wife have obviously still got it going on. What a strange place to put it - on your professional profile for a completely different job. Perhaps you get some freebie advice when you buy a house... :blushing:

You are so right in everything that you have said - assuming there was a canoeist?!

IMO the QPS and the media have been outstanding in their working partnership of this case. The Police would most definately have so much info and evidence, and I'm positive that the media are not far off knowing just as much. They are working in total alliance, so that no team jeopardises this case ......... however, they are just killing us (sorry bad choice of words) in not being able to give us the details that we are so badly wanting to know and hear!

I believe that if there was infact a canoeist, the media is leaving him/her alone for many reasons. I'm fairly sure that the media have left many "situations/people/evidence" etc alone and have decided not to report any of this info ........... bravo to them!

All will be revealed, in time. The wait is incruciating, but I guess it's absolutely necessary. We don't want any parties to stuff up.

Thanks Bellgirl. Yes, I agree with both you and Berry that there may not even be a canoeist.

I also agree that if there is a canoeist and the media have left that person alone, then it is for strategic reasons (e.g., working with police) rather than compassionate reasons.

I have post traumatic stress disorder and have more lows than highs :( I get to the stage where i never want to go outside. As it is i only go out 2 times a fortnight. Since hearing about this case it has upset me more than anything else has ever. I may not know Allison but i feel so sad about it especially tonight knowing that the funeral is tomorrow. I'm kind of in two minds about who did it though but i'm not saying anything until it's proven. I would hate to say someone did it when there really hasn't been enough information put out. I think after the funeral tomorrow i will have a couple of days break because i think it gets a bit too much sometimes. I end up having nightmares about someone i don't even know and about something i have no idea about what happened :(

Sorry to hear. I am the same on having some theories on who may have been involved and why/what happened. I am trying to keep those to myself also until all is said and done. I would also hate to publicly point the finger if indeed its not as I think and they may already have enough to deal with. Its not my thing. I agree though it does get a bit intense here with it all. I hope you go ok.

Can we quit with the canoeist??? They do not normally name the people who find bodies they just say things like:

* Two teenage boys riding dirtbikes this afternoon came across............
* A jogger on his morning run found ........
* A hiker in bushland near blah blah called police after finding..........
* A canoeist, this morning, found...........

Give the canoeist a rest please........ :)

The mind boggles??? He and wife have obviously still got it going on. What a strange place to put it - on your professional profile for a completely different job. Perhaps you get some freebie advice when you buy a house... :blushing:

HAHAHA...Oh my stars......TOO MUCH INFORMATION....So laughing, nearly choked on my cup of tea...lol

and "What a strange place to put it"....Put what?....Giggling

Too funny

Sorry to hear. I am the same on having some theories on who may have been involved and why/what happened. I am trying to keep those to myself also until all is said and done. I would also hate to publicly point the finger if indeed its not as I think and they may already have enough to deal with. Its not my thing. I agree though it does get a bit intense here with it all. I hope you go ok.

I totally agree and thankyou so much :)

I don't disagree that if I was the person who found the body, that I would want my privacy. But this is the media that we are talking about. Since when did the media care about the feelings of the people that they report on? I can assure you that when the Daily Telegraph provided information that could and did identify TM, it wasn't concerned with the impact of that on her feelings.

Again you are so right, and again I'm going to say well done to the media!

May 11, 2012

THE little girl took her place in a sea of ballerinas, her hair tied back and her tiny feet neatly bound.
There were 200 of them - tiny dancers lined up in long rows of leotards and buns on the dusty wooden floor of a hall.

They faced off before five of the country's most prestigious teachers, hoping those five sets of eyes would pick them out of the crowd.

She was only 10, but Allison Dickie - pretty as a picture - was already as professional as a seasoned dancer. She might have been nervous, but it never showed, and she limbered up in readiness for the audition.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...uneral-on-friday/story-e6freoof-1226352423398

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie