Darlie Routier on Death Row

Can you post a little blurb paraphrasing what she said? I can't get on fb at work. TIA!

She also says she lifted Darlie's hospital gown and saw a huge bruise yet no one else saw it or mentioned it. Darlie even confirms in her cross examination that she had no bruises on her torso...just a mark on her breast.

I am going to but in here,
I saw a Darlie documentary and thought she was innocent.
Since then I have read the prosecution part of the trial transcript,but I haven't been able to face the defence side yet.
The more I read the worse it gets.
At least there was justice .unlike for Caylee

Darlie was "black and blue all over"... and had "defensive wounds all over her"...

And this is really good: "Darlie Routier is someone to be reckoned with"... :what: I would very much like to ask her if she thinks Devon and Damon would agree with that one.

Either this woman actually believes what she's saying, or she's a great con.

From the little I know,I am pretty sure she wasn't "black and blue all over".

Her medical reports do not support her being black and blue all over and as I said Darlie testified she had no bruises on her torso from that night. It's right there in the trial transcripts. So Sarilda is as bad as the rest of them, just making things up to make it appear Darlie was not involved.

Whatever happened to the reputation Texas had for fast tracking people to execution? Is this going to drag on forever?

I don't really feel strongly about the DP one way or the other - but if her sentence is commuted to life, she might get out someday, like when she's around 60. And that isn't right either. It is too bad that she can't admit to what she did - not only could it help other people, but it could also bring her some peace. I won't hold my breath, though. Her character is not good. She'll deny it to the end.

Darin's latent print is on the back door. Not surprising since he lived in the house. But it's the bloody print on the back door that is in question. According to Darlie's expert, not the state, that print is not hers or anyone at the CS.

The two bloody prints in question are unidentifiable because they are partial prints. However, the defence believes and the court agrees there is enough points to run them through AFIS.

ITA, what scares me is artifact dna, like in the Ramsey case, taking the heat off the parents.

IMO that print on the back door is Darlie's. She's the only person with bloody hands, her blood leads up to it and away from it and she puts herself in that area. There's no blood dripped from the hand of an intruder leading up to that print or away from it, no blood in the garage, window, outside the house.

Am just wondering how the print has not already been identified as Darlie's. Would this not be pretty cut and dried? TIA

JenTx --

It will likely take 6 to 10 years to resolve the new wave of appeals spawn as a result of the "new evidence" and questions of whether or not it is sufficient to possibly change the original guilty finding. It is not out of the realm of possibility that, if the "new evidence" does raise puzzling questions, the State might offer her a life sentence to dispose of it.

6 to 10 years? Oh, for God's sake. That is ridiculous. I suppose it is good that the taxpayers don't have to pay for all her tests, but we do have to pay to feed and house her for all this time. The one good thing is that even if they do find some loophole to get her out, it won't necessarily mean she is innocent, and at least she will have spent some of the best years of her life paying for what she did.

The DNA (mitochondrial) testing was supposedly completed in 2010. The fact that we haven't heard about the results probably means it isn't in her favor. Who knows when the rest of the tests will be completed? Good to know she has to suffer on DR until then. Even if things turn out in her favor, she could be in her 50's before all that happens. That is some consolation. Unless the "real" killer is caught or confessess, she aint going anywhere. But if it were up to me, she wouldn't have the privacy and protection of death row, she'd be a baby killer thrown in with the general population. And she probably wouldn't be getting most of the attention she gets today, since a large marjority of it is from those against the death penalty.

Theres always a life without parole option....

Not for Routier. Texas didn't adopt life without parole sentencing until 2005, and it can't be applied ex post facto. If she is resentenced, she will have a chance at parole.

Granted, I don't think Texas has ever paroled anyone convicted of capital murder, so it's all academic anyway...

Frances Newton was on DR for 19 yrs and amazingly she managed to keep her crime a secret from the other inmates. I wonder if Darlie's "friends" on DR know why she's there.
I predict 5 more yrs, if that.

I really don't think Darlie will ever be executed. I think we'll continue to see others who were convicted after her get queued up ahead of her for years and years to come.

I really don't think Darlie will ever be executed. I think we'll continue to see others who were convicted after her get queued up ahead of her for years and years to come.

Why do you think that? The brutal murder of her own two babies should certainly put her at the front of the line, IMO.

I would think that sooner or later the State of Texas will tire of her ridiculous appeals.

If she were in a lot of other States, I would agree with you, but I am not so sure about Texas.

Why do you think that? The brutal murder of her own two babies should certainly put her at the front of the line, IMO.

I would think that sooner or later the State of Texas will tire of her ridiculous appeals.

If she were in a lot of other States, I would agree with you, but I am not so sure about Texas.

I'm not saying what *should* happen, only what I think will (and is) happen(ing).

Darlie's team is managing to drag things out with various testing and waiting and waiting some more. This puts her case on ice, so to speak, and the TX courts are not going to set an execution date when there are pending legal issues. Her team knows this and so because of that as well as how controversial her conviction/DP sentence is, I believe we won't see her executed anytime soon, if ever. That's IMO.

I'm not saying what *should* happen, only what I think will (and is) happen(ing).

Darlie's team is managing to drag things out with various testing and waiting and waiting some more. This puts her case on ice, so to speak, and the TX courts are not going to set an execution date when there are pending legal issues. Her team knows this and so because of that as well as how controversial her conviction/DP sentence is, I believe we won't see her executed anytime soon, if ever. That's IMO.

Yes, I did not think you were stating what should happen and sorry if I sounded confrontational, that was not my intent.

I agree about Darlie's team dragging things out, but surely there has to be some point where the courts say "enough"?. Again in many States, certainly my own (I am sure Scott Peterson will outlive me), it drags on forever, but my understanding is that Texas has actual limits on the nonsense.

At least I keep hoping my perception of Texas justice is correct.

She is guilty. Put the needle in already.

Yes Scott Peterson will never be put to death. He'll die of natural causes first. There are something like 600 death row inmates ahead of him. At the rate of 1 execution every couple of years or more it's really a life sentence.

TX justice still honors the process of appeals, as it should. Eventually time will run out, but it probably won't be on any one person's/observer's timeline.

I agree that Darlie has managed to delay the inevitable for many years now, and has every intention of dragging this out as long as possible.

The Courts are tired of her though. The recent Order basically says "put up or shut up" - they want status reports every 180 days. Her time is coming to an end.

When the new testing is complete and does nothing to exonerate her, the courts will rid the world of Darlie Routier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back