Investigation Discovery's "Disappeared" Cancelled

tbgo

Reaction score
I honestly can't believe it. What happened? Low ratings? It's the best show they had. :tantrum:

wow im shocked it was a personal favourite of mine. i have seen every single episode what a joke now we will never get details on what happend to some of these missing persons cases .You cant rely on JVM or NG all they wanna do is save turkeys or talk about george zimmerman.

Investigation Discovery started out with very good, high quality programming. " Disappeared" helped spread the word about missing people.

Then, I watched the channel sink into cheap re-creations of sexually motivated crimes, and crimes of passion became their focus.
I used to watch it faithfully. Now, I refuse to watch at all because of the sexed up aspect to crimes! It is WRONG to re-victimize a crime victim.

I'm really Disappointed! One of my favorite shows. :(

Investigation Discovery started out with very good, high quality programming. " Disappeared" helped spread the word about missing people.

Then, I watched the channel sink into cheap re-creations of sexually motivated crimes, and crimes of passion became their focus.
I used to watch it faithfully. Now, I refuse to watch at all because of the sexed up aspect to crimes! It is WRONG to re-victimize a crime victim.

That's so not true ..As far as the channel ID yes they have changed to alot of stories that come across that way but not at all the show Disappeared .That show was very good the channel alot has changed but we need Disappeared..

I became aware of so many cases thanks to that show it's not even funny.

I first learned of the McStays and the Jamisons thanks to it.

Is there anyone from ID on here that could give us some sort of explanation as to what happened? I know some of the networks check in for stories.

I think every season of "Disappeared" is on Netflix now. I still go back and watch them.

Speaking of ID shows, now we have "Elder Skelter," a show about old people who kill. :/

In case ID does read here, I gave up the ID channel months ago. The poorly-put-together shows are produced with every gimmick in the book. I detest watching true crime that resorts to gimmicks -- jerky frame-to-frame transitions, flashing lights that give me a headache or worse, speed-walking frames, noisy racket beating and banging for background music, breathy teen-age girls who try to sound sexy but instead just sound stupid.

I used to love ID (before it was ID). They put together good true crime shows worth watching. True crime is not the place for gimmicks.

Off my soapbox and back to the regularly scheduled thread.

Forgive me for asking, but where has it been confirmed that Disappeared was cancelled? I've looked around myself, and I was unable to see any source stating that the show was cancelled. What kind of makes me wonder or think otherwise, is that you take two cancelled ID shows, Main Street Mysteries and Sensing Murder. These shows are rarely seen on ID nor are they advertised on the ID website, even though they were both cancelled. Disappeared is on ID 5 days a week, 2 times a day on ID and 1 time a day on Discovery Channel. Generally, with a season premiere in the works, they tend to show re-runs of the show as a build up to a season premiere. Even if that wasn't the case, why are they running all these re-runs of Disappeared.

For me, what's really sad if this show was actually cancelled, is that this show is one of the very few shows these days that actually help people. I love true crime shows and all, but I make no mistake about what's going on. These shows generally exploit people's sad stories for ratings. BUT, I'm not saying that there isn't a lot to be learned from these shows. We learn a lot from them, but gone are the days of UNSOLVED Mysteries and America's Most WANTED. Shows that actually help to solve a mystery or bring criminals to justice. Disappeared tried to help do the same. It's just sad that ratings are the overall goal instead of helping people. I will say this...from what I can see, Disappeared's ratings weren't exactly....bottom of the barrel.

This is crazy, it was one of the best on that channel and so much information to be let out on some cases...I'm with others, some of those stories are so fake, I will turn the channel but I was glued to the TV when Disappeared came on and I love Dark Minds with William Phelps and John Q......those 2 were my very favorites....Are we living in such a society today that shows that really get down to true facts, they are going to do away with??? I feel the exact opposite....We need more shows such as Disappeared....much more crime, yet just another resource to look to for information down the drain apparently

I watch the crime shows, but what I am really going to miss is the court programming. I have high speed internet and can watch streaming on my computer, but it's not the same as a big screen.

I used to watch ID religiously, but their programming has gone downhill fast, IMO. "Disappeared" was my favorite show. New seasons typically started in the fall, so I was suspicious when there were no promos for it. :(

Disappeared was am excellent show that was balanced. I am sorry to see it go.

I came across 'Disappeared' on youtube - and ended up watching every episode.
I wouldn't have half an idea of some of the U.S threads here if it wasn't for that show.

Lets hope another production company snatches the ball then and comes up with a better informative show on the Missing and does follow-ups as well.

The Missing need a voice still.

Hmmm....I ask again, where's the source that says Disappeared has been cancelled?

I don't watch tv, but watch all the Disappeared shows that are on Netflix. I think it's a great show. I really like the narrator also.

Disappeared was the only show ID had that was worth watching. Ugh.

Most everything on there now is junk. They have lost a follower.

I'm still trying to figure out where the source comes from that it is cancelled. Not that I'm implying that anyone is making anything up, and I know it's been a LONG time since they've had any new episodes, but I've been looking for quite a while trying to figure out if the show has indeed been cancelled. I have yet to find any source that it has been cancelled. It's still advertised on the ID website, not to mention that it's still being rerun on an almost daily basis on the ID channel, not to mention that it's still on their YouTube channel on a pay-per-view basis. I mean I know we all hope it's not cancelled, but again, I have yet to see one single source stating that it is cancelled. Arrgggg! Can anyone tell me??

I'm still trying to figure out where the source comes from that it is cancelled. Not that I'm implying that anyone is making anything up, and I know it's been a LONG time since they've had any new episodes, but I've been looking for quite a while trying to figure out if the show has indeed been cancelled. I have yet to find any source that it has been cancelled. It's still advertised on the ID website, not to mention that it's still being rerun on an almost daily basis on the ID channel, not to mention that it's still on their YouTube channel on a pay-per-view basis. I mean I know we all hope it's not cancelled, but again, I have yet to see one single source stating that it is cancelled. Arrgggg! Can anyone tell me??

I saw a couple of message board comments, but nothing "official" or a news story.

Understood. Thanks for replying. :)

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo