"G (Guilty)" vs "NG (Not Guilty)" Where do you stand? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they'll just try to pick at the forensics, and call it a day. They don't have anything else.

LOVE it is they put Dr. Lee up against Dr. G! Fun!

Even if they make points against forensics, there's still a dead baby who started out in KC's care and ended up dead in three bags 'close' to home after last being seen with her mom. The only one who can explain how that not KC's fault is KC. Up until now, she's told a lot of stories, all of them balderdash. Even more fun than Dr G and Henry Lee would be KC on the stand under cross for all to see.

Even if they make points against forensics, there's still a dead baby who started out in KC's care and ended up dead in three bags 'close' to home after last being seen with her mom. The only one who can explain how that not KC's fault is KC. Up until now, she's told a lot of stories, all of them balderdash. Even more fun than Dr G and Henry Lee would be KC on the stand under cross for all to see.

Discrediting the decomp in the trunk tests was important beforeCaylee was found because the defense was still claiming Caylee was alive.Since Caylee's body was found it no longer seems reasonable to claim the decomp is from old lunch meat [pig]. 2+2 =4
The defense may try to claim KC wasn't responsible for putting Caylee in the trunk,but unless they can come up with a video actually showing someone else doin it,I don't think that will fly.
It all leads back to KC. She dug quite a hole for herself and the A's and JB jumped in with her.
The defense will try and distract from the real issues. We even see that being tried here,but in the end the sheer volume of evidence will speak for itself,starting with the 31 days.
Too much says KC is guilty,Murder One.

I was watching ID last night and they covered the Lewis Joyner case. Some aspects of his case reminded me of this one. Lewis was mainly convicted because of his behavior after the death of his wife and her friend (he ran after the murders from Ga to NY, telling people that he went to NY to get his driver's license). Anyway, he ended up being convicted of the murder of his wife.

They talked to four members of the jury and all four of them looked at Lewis's behavior after the murders as consciousness of guilt, none of them bought the driver's license story. The jurors said that his behavior was a major factor in the decision to convict.

Behavior, IMO, is one of the things that will sink Casey.

To be honest, Princess Rose, I don't really care at this point in time how they prove it. Endless postulating is for the Defense - and Andrea Lyons' students - to do, looking for any angle that might work.

And I am NOT here to help the defense in ANY way. Let'em do their own work. :rolleyes:

I'm not here to help the defense either, but I am deeply concerned that the evidence released so far will not get a Murder 1 conviction which makes me wonder why the prosecution thinks it will work. There are also a lot of forensic tests I believe should have been run that I'm not seeing the information for. Very worrying.

I'm not here to help the defense either, but I am deeply concerned that the evidence released so far will not get a Murder 1 conviction which makes me wonder why the prosecution thinks it will work. There are also a lot of forensic tests I believe should have been run that I'm not seeing the information for. Very worrying.

Bolding mine....

But the key here is the evidence that has been released so far. Just because it hasn't been released yet doesn't mean that they don't have the evidence. I believe there is a lot of evidence that has not been released yet because they are either doing further testing on it, or else it hasn't been released to the prosecution from the FBI or other agencies that are performing the tests.

We haven't gotten any information on the maggots that were found in the trunk yet and I believe that potentially they could have Caylee's DNA in them, which along w/the hair w/the death band on will definitely show that a dead Caylee was in the trunk of Casey's car.

I think Casey is guilty of the charges against her, and I think the prosecution will more than prove their case when this goes to trial.

I saw a rerun of the PrimeTime HLN news with Mike Galanos at 4 this morning.Because it was July 16th they did an update on the case.A reporter said the SA's office should be releasing more discovery ,hopefully by the end of the month.She also said it would be test results,I believe.No more reports,just evidence.
Perhaps that will put your mind at ease,Princess.I think they have plenty already.Way more than many other cases that ended in convictions.
I tend to believe when Dr. G rules homicide she can back it up.

I don't think - as I'm sure many others here think also - that you have any reason to worry or have deep concern, Princess Rose.

Regardless of what happens in her murder trial, she will be spending YEARS in prison on the fraud charges alone. And many years for neglecting Caylee in the murder trial, no matter what charges she ends up being convicted of. And she will be convicted of something.

She will NEVER EVER (Repeat: NEVER EVER) have a normal life. Even if she eventually got out of prison - which many here highly doubt, I think - she will forever be looked at harshly, pointed at, laughed at, and probably even spit upon. :crazy:

Her life, as she envisioned it, is over - 100% due to her own actions and words.

Bolding mine....

But the key here is the evidence that has been released so far. Just because it hasn't been released yet doesn't mean that they don't have the evidence. I believe there is a lot of evidence that has not been released yet because they are either doing further testing on it, or else it hasn't been released to the prosecution from the FBI or other agencies that are performing the tests.

We haven't gotten any information on the maggots that were found in the trunk yet and I believe that potentially they could have Caylee's DNA in them, which along w/the hair w/the death band on will definitely show that a dead Caylee was in the trunk of Casey's car.

I think Casey is guilty of the charges against her, and I think the prosecution will more than prove their case when this goes to trial.

Hi Dells,
Welcome to this madness,LOL.
Yes,the trial keeps getting pushed back,which gives the SA plenty of time to release discovery.....slowly and painfully.
But IMO it all continues to prove KC's guilt.

Princess, we've already seen a release of MUCH more evidence than has convicted many other murderers. It's literally mountainous.

I think KC might have had a chance had JB pressed for a speedy trial, and had that trial somehow taken place before Caylee was found.

But, that ship has not only sailed; it has sunk.

I don't think - as I'm sure many others here think also - that you have any reason to worry or have deep concern, Princess Rose.

Regardless of what happens in her murder trial, she will be spending YEARS in prison on the fraud charges alone. And many years for neglecting Caylee in the murder trial, no matter what charges she ends up being convicted of. And she will be convicted of something.

She will NEVER EVER (Repeat: NEVER EVER) have a normal life. Even if she eventually got out of prison - which many here highly doubt, I think - she will forever be looked at harshly, pointed at, laughed at, and probably even spit upon. :crazy:

Her life, as she envisioned it, is over - 100% due to her own actions and words.

ITA!! Next stop-THE BIG HOUSE:behindbar Where KC will be able to make new friends :hug:

I saw a rerun of the PrimeTime HLN news with Mike Galanos at 4 this morning.Because it was July 16th they did an update on the case.A reporter said the SA's office should be releasing more discovery ,hopefully by the end of the month.She also said it would be test results,I believe.No more reports,just evidence.
Perhaps that will put your mind at ease,Princess.I think they have plenty already.Way more than many other cases that ended in convictions.
I tend to believe when Dr. G rules homicide she can back it up.

Stole think link from Steadychick on the List questions thread

http://www.wesh.com/news/20058772/detail.html
it confirms what I mentioned about the SA releasing more discovery,audio and videotapes according to this report.
It also says AL will file a motion to remove the DP from the case.
If that should happen we are back to JB.
I think this is all she was brought on to do.I just can't see JB giving up the drivers seat ,taking a plea or going with accident defense.He wants to pin this on somebody else IMO.
BUT KC is guilty .

Thank you, Muzikman. You're right ~ In the long run, she will be paying whether it's through the court system or not. But I really do appreciate, too, the arguments that Princess Rose and Wudge have brought to this thread. It helps me see some of the legal weaknesses in the case. Because of what I saw during OJ's trial I understand it is never a sure thing.

Bolding mine....

ITA. Welcome! :)

I think you're right. Those who are KC Sympathizers or pro defense are not going to get around the fraud and neglect charges.

And as for being spit on, that would be the least of her worries.....

I'm so sorry that you have had to go through the unbearable loss of your son. I think most parents, most adults, know there is no worse pain than the loss of a child. Thank you so much for sharing with us what you learned from this experience. I know in my heart, if I were in the position of finding a child lifeless there is nothing I wouldn't try to "fix" the problem. No matter how irreversible it seemed.

How KC was able to wrap duct tape over her baby's face (it makes me feel ill just writing the statement) I will never as long as I live be able to understand. How she could do this to another human being, her very own precious baby, I cannot fathom.

I hope she never knows another day of freedom, I hope she never again has a chance to enjoy "the beautiful life". I hope she never has the opportunity to cause another human being harm, never experiences the joy of holding a new born baby. Never knows the pleasure of being in love, playing with puppies or even seeing a rainbow. I hope all the things she has deprived Caylee of are tenfold for KC.

I don't really care if she lives or dies. Once she is found guilty, once the prison door slides shut behind her. I hope I never again hear her name or read anything about her. I hope she falls into anonymity. Never to be spoken of again. Knowing KC's personality, that is probably a fate worse than death.

I agree. The only thing is.... if KC is found guilty we will still hear plenty about her. Rest assured the As will launch the Save Casey Anthony (or some similar iteration) campaign and website ala Jackie and Lee Peterson. Their current foundation will be a dim memory. I don't think it will be over, if ever, for a very long time.

Off-topic, but the Petersons made a public appeal today for donations from the public for Scott Peterson's appeal.

Casey- Guilty, First Degree Murder.
Cindy,George,Lee- Guilty, complicity in the first degree.

Within moments of dying a person's mouth gapes open. It's very disturbing and shocking to see someone like this. The duct tape was put on strongly enough to hold Caylee's mandible in place even after decomposition which indicates to me that holding the mandible in place may be the actual reason for the duct tape. I think that the heart shaped sticker actually indicates that Casey was trying to fix this problem. I don't think Casey had ever been around someone who died (all of her grandparents are aparently alive) and I suspect she would be unaware that normally the mandible is closed after death with a headband that goes under the chin and around the top of the head.

The other part of this is twofold:

1. The duct tape was put on the front of Caylee's face only - not wrapped around the back of her head.
That indicates to me that Caylee was probably on her back when the duct tape was applied.
2. The duct tape was put on in several strips that were layered.
If Caylee were alive and thrashing about because she couldn't breathe, it would be very difficult to layer the duct tape with additional pieces and place the heart shaped sticker.

For all these reasons, I believe it was put on immediately following Caylee's death.

Princess Rose, you're right, with an an older adult the relaxed jaw and gaping mouth in death can be quite shocking to see. But just like not everyones eyes open, not everyones mouth gapes open. A small child may simply look like she has fallen asleep. As you pointed out, all of KC's relatives were apparently alive and (reasonably) well last July. This was probably not something KC knew could possibly happen or even gave a second thought to. After all a gaping mouth was the least of the things KC would have had to deal with, after Caylee's death. Even if Caylee's mouth had opened, how can a mother not be horrified by just the thought of wrapping her baby's mouth in duct tape? That precious little face....

The only reason the tape was still somewhat in place, to where KC placed it, was because it was attached to Caylee's hair. There was no tissue holding the lower jaw in place, there was duct tape wrapped from one side of Caylee's head to the other, with hair holding it in place.

If Caylee was napping, after she fell asleep KC could have used chloroform to put her into a deeper sleep, a deep induced state of unconsciousness. KC could have been worried about accidentally knocking herself out, she could have also been worried that the chloroform may not finish the job on Caylee. The last thing KC needed was for Caylee to come out of the drugged state, after KC had tossed her into the back of the car. This is why I believe she used multiple pieces of tape, it was almost (no pun intended) "overkill". With no reference to know how much chloroform she needed, more importantly with no device to safely administer it without possibly taking herself out at the same time; KC may have used the chloroform as a means of keeping Caylee quiet and still, just until the duct tape was in place. After that she would have had a maximum of ten minutes until she could begin her beautiful new life. Since day one I have hoped and prayed, whatever KC did, that Caylee was sound asleep and never woke up.

By the time KC had packed up, Caylee was no longer her problem. She made a few phone calls and off to TL's she went. All her problems behind her, at least for 31 days. It's good for LE that whatever lie KC came up with, Cindy never seemed to call her on it. She had 31 days, for most people that would have been long enough to come up with one plausible story or to get the heck out of Dodge. In KC's case she came up with lots and lots of little lies that were supposed to to tell the story of what happened to Caylee, not only was the first story unbelievable and unprovable, the second story was just as bad and just as unbelievable.

I think I am in the minority who don't believe the A's were involved in anyway, at least until they realized LE was only looking as far as KC. I believe LE has done an incredible job, looking in every nook and cranny and never found a shred of evidence that didn't point at KC. They treated the A's so very kindly, when they got nothing but venom in return. I believe what we have seen as far as evidence only scratches the surface and putting KC away until the end of her days will be a slam dunk. I can't wait to hear that buzzer signaling "times up!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stole think link from Steadychick on the List questions thread

http://www.wesh.com/news/20058772/detail.html
it confirms what I mentioned about the SA releasing more discovery,audio and videotapes according to this report.
It also says AL will file a motion to remove the DP from the case.
If that should happen we are back to JB.
I think this is all she was brought on to do.I just can't see JB giving up the drivers seat ,taking a plea or going with accident defense. He wants to pin this on somebody else IMO.
BUT KC is guilty .

BBM

I believe you are so right. I'm sure it is totally under JB's skin that he won't be the lead if this goes forward as DP. I wonder if he keeps bringing female attorneys in because no matter what happens, with female lead and/or co-council, JB will still feel like the 'top dog'.:confused:

If JB doesn't get the first chair back, does that mean we won't get to hear the story that will make us all understand and will give KC the mother of the year 2008, 2009, 2010..... (in H3LL)?

At least he will always be the first Hispanic attorney to carry a case of this magnitude!! :rolleyes: His mama must be so proud!!:crazy: Maybe he meant the first Hispanic lawyer in his family? :waitasec: On his block? In his house???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member