CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.rgj.com/article/20090828/NEWS/90828055/1321

Available federal and state parole records show that Phillip Garrido was released from a Nevada prison in 1988 only to violate his federal parole in California five years later.

But Garrido, suspected of kidnapping Jaycee Lee Dugard from South Lake Tahoe in 1991, served just a four months in federal prison for the parole violation in 1993.
Nevada officials were never informed of his parole violation.

“If we had been notified of that we would have done a retake,” said Gail Powell, spokeswoman for the Nevada Department of Public Safety. She said he would have been brought back to serve the remainder of his sentence in Carson City.
“We were never informed,” she said. “I don’t know why.”

I have personally found this to be true between the different divisions of the justice system. None of them inform the other. The victim has to see it's done or it's doesn't happen.

I will be closing this thread down in the next few minutes. Too much good information is getting buried.
please find the appropriate thread to post your discussion or if there isn't one please start one.B sure to search first!

Like I said, I am saying they should get a reward *if* anything is found on the property in relationship to other cases. I am not saying they should get an award for Jaycee's case or the fact that the girlfriend called 911. However, I am sure that they expected the police to check out the backyard when they came to follow up on the 911 call - a call which specifically referenced the backyard. That is the fault of the police for not checking things out properly. Any person's 911 call can only do so much...It is the police who have to take the next step.

And, yeah, of course they could figure out that Garrido had a connection to that propertly. But, Robinson also provided them with info about the locks being reversed/locked from outside only and the suspicious shed when he first bought the house. I don't know. Maybe I'm just so happy that at least one neighbor was alert and perhaps I'm giving them too much credit because of the others not doing anything at all.

The link was in the person you quoted...wouldn't work for me.

I respect your opinion but I also respectfully disagree.

His girlfriend made one call, nothing more. To me that's not enough. I'm not sure if I have missed something here but what exactly did Mr. Robinson do other than interviews? It wouldn't take much detective work to figure out that that Garrido used the property before the Robinson's moved in so why should they get any reward?

For all intents and purposes, many apparently had concerns but basically no one acted on them or pursued them to the point of having someone actually look inside the property and do a thorough search of it.

:cow:

Maz

Can I say DISGUSTING!??? Who on earth are these people supposedly acting in the capacity of "parole officers"? 18 years of visiting this guy and NO ONE, NOT ONE of these "officers" entered the home or backyard? I hope that this case gets scrutinized beyond belief and that every single one of these ijuts who were supposed to be checking in on him is held accountable for the fact that they didn't do their jobs! This guy had a record like none! What were these people doing???

MOO

LOL, authorities are worried that this kind of publicity will hurt the parole system. I mean I don't know why.

He only had a history of rape, and the persons checking on him didn't know that he had kidnapped a child and was raising children with her after he raped her for years. Oh yeah, and questions about if he was wearing a monitor when he kidnapped the child.

He only had a known drug history, and was reportedly operating a drug lab in his back yard. And it doesn't appear that he ever failed any drug tests.

They appeared to be surprised at who all lived in his household.

I mean they just earn their living by going to visit with people, what do you expect them to do when they get there? It's not like people operate drug labs in their backyard these days. Or that rapists would reoffend. I mean the guy had his right to privacy and to live his life after all. And he had served his time, or at least most of it...... well some of it anyway.

(sarcasm intended)

JD never claimed to be cured. But he went from a militant stance to an acceptance stance. And he turned down several defensive moves because they would have forced Shasta to tesify.

Do I believe that JD or PG would do it again if they had the opportunity? Absolutely! But I believe there was something about those girls, both Shasta and Jaycee that made their 'monsters' see them as more than just an object. That made their pain reach their captors. And in some ways did change them, to make them think of these children as more than objects. Whether that change would be enough to make them overcome their compulsions on a permanent basis, no probably not.
I totally get what you are saying mysteriew... it is a derranged of thinking on the pedophiles part... not a cure

I will be closing this thread down in the next few minutes. Too much good information is getting buried.
please find the appropriate thread to post your discussion or if there isn't one please start one.B sure to search first!

yoo hoo!

JBean - Can you please post a link to a "main forum" for these threads...I don't know where to go???

:confused:

NO! It did not change him enough to turn his stinking self in to LE and release his captives form tent/shack he77. No he was not cured/healed or reached...he is an animal.
I don't think Mysteriew is saying it changed him.... she is saying that He (THE PERP) thought it did (his deranged perception)

First wife says PG was accused of raping a teen when they were high school teens.

Hey, we need to get one of the nurses to take a look at PG's closeup pic. I think that is a cancer on his nose.

It is a flaming case of skin cancer! Noticed that from the start! I have seen many and let me tell ya... he let this one go for quite a while as it is ulcerating!

JBean - Can you please post a link to a "main forum" for these threads...I don't know where to go???

:confused:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=369"]Jaycee Lee Dugard - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

It is a flaming case of skin cancer! Noticed that from the start! I have seen many and let me tell ya... he let this one go for quite a while as it is ulcerating!

I thought so. Think it had a chance to spread to the brain yet?

Please break out the discussion. You guys are losing tons of information that you will want to retrieve or bump for developments later.
if there is not an existing thread on a topic being discussed make one! but be sure to search first.

I created a thread for the live update you all are watching:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88396"]LIVE UPDATE 2009.8.31 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member