TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if GT's mother and aunt were in the court room when the verdict came in? How did they react to it, anyone hear or see anything?

If you read VC's statements to police at first she said that GT told her he felt ashamed for what he did to Chris....for shooting him, but then she makes a comment that it was Rome that shot Chris and when questioned she quickly changes it. VC throws LD and GT under the bus she pretty much said E was not involved except she thought she heard him talking when she was in the shower but never said she saw him at the house. Then you have Rome that throws LD and E under the bus, Rome and his gang just wanted out of there, Rome and Thomas really try to protect each other in their statements. If I remember correctly Davidson pretty much blamed his brother and Thomas. I have to go back and listen to Davidson's again. The only thing I don't get with E is if he was involved in the murders why didn't VC throw him into the mix with her statements. We know she was trying to protect Rome, so she could have placed E in his spot but she didn't that just puzzles me she comes off as never seeing E at the house. Ok now I am thinking out loud. I really REALLY dislike her and hope to hell she gets death.

I hate to sound totally stupid here. I've followed these trials except for Boyd and I just have to ask, who the h is E? I know there who LD, DD, VC and GT are. Who is E?

I think it was only VC that made the comment she heard Slim say to G your going to have to prove yourself, but she was trying to protect her Rome. When pushed she did throw Rome under for the rape of Channon, but that is all she put on him. She never said anything about even seeing E she said the guys left by foot from what she could remember, not saying E didn't do any of it I just find it crazy that she didn't throw him into the mix. I always felt it was Slim and Rome that did the murders and rapes, I feel G was there and he deserves whatever he gets, same with VC I do feel like that others she most likely did the beating to Channon's parts and the coldness in all of them is just unthinkable.
Oh I know what I wanted to say I always thought it was Davidson that did the rape on Chris because he had just gotten out of jail and sad to say in jail, middle class young white men are owned by the bigger population if you know what I am mean it is a status thing. Slim couldn't say anything about the rape of Chris because it would put him at the seen of the crime. Chris's pants were never found so I don't think it took place in the house....still thinking out loud here.

I truly think that the rape of Chris happened in the house, most likely in the middle of the living room area of the house. These thugs have totally dismissed Chris as not worth mentioning, as an afterthought. They are not going to admit to a rape of another male. It is considered by them to be beneathe them and thus do not recoginize that they have violated, tortured, raped and murdered and mutilated another human being. That is the kind of people they are. Boyd is rumored to have a photo on his cell phone of the rape of a white male. I think the big mystery here is why this hasn't been charged with the rape and murder of Chris and Channon. This case will never be closed until he is charged. We have VC left and then hopefully, Boyd will get the rest of what is coming to him. Then maybe the families can get some kind of peace.

Neither was Davidson.

You are correct, Davidson and Cobbins were not found guilty of all counts, but IMO should have been, so IMO those two verdicts are the abnormal verdicts to me. The Thomas verdict at this moment is the true just verdict.

Well this is why I think it was just Slim and Rome that raped and shot Chris and why it was not at the house. Now this is JMO we will really never know unless someone tells the truth. In all of the statements they start as never seeing Channon in the house, no man I left, wasn't there never seen the girl, then it goes to yeah I seen her but...........all of them end up admitting she was there, but it was the other person who brought her in. With Chris no one messes up about him being in the house, I would think at least one of them would say yeah so and so did this or that with the male. Being there is only two involved with taking Chris away know one wants to say they saw anything because it places them at the seen of the crime. I would have to look back but I think his hands were tied with string, his sock in his mouth secured with a string and his feet with his own belt all things that could be found outside the house, now the bedding was there but remember they went back and caught his body on fire so they wrapped him after he was killed in the blanket and set fire to it. Even items from Chris's wallet were burned so them items were on him not at the house, if he was in the house while his pants were removed you would think all them items would have been there. His shirt was pulled over his head when he was shot, I don't think it was like that because they didn't want him to see what was coming. In a statement VC gave she said Davidson came out of the bedroom with a blue bank card and said he couldn't get the password/pin whatever you call it. I think he jumped to soon when he killed Chris and didn't get the password from him and Channon didn't know it. The photo on Boyd's phone were of young males sex (bondage), the police officer said it was not Chris and disturbing yes, but nothing to do with this case. Darn it is hard to even type all this stuff this whole case is really disturbing, I am ok with them all getting death, but I would like more proof Boyd was involved I know after reading all the statements and seeing who is trying to protect who I just didn't get the feeling Boyd was in on it, accessory after the fact, yes and if there is more out there I am sure he will get what is coming to him. Ok don't beat me up, this is JMO I am sure there are things I missed.

I hate to sound totally stupid here. I've followed these trials except for Boyd and I just have to ask, who the h is E? I know there who LD, DD, VC and GT are. Who is E?

Yes lone... "E" as in "Eric" (...or E for "evil" take your pick).

:parrot:

Julie, pretty analysis there. I was always perplexed as to what happened to chris's pants. Someone took them. If chris's rape didnt happen at the house, where did it occur? There are several hours that chris must have been held, it was cold outside, so I would have thought everyone would have wanted to hang out outside and torture chris. On the other hand, there didnt appear to be any blood at the chipman house that could account for his rape there. My understanding was that his injuries were pretty bad (is that correct?). So if he ws raped at the house, had to be in the kitchen or bathroom. As for who killed chris, who knows. I have to beleive the ME that there had to be at least 3 that took him up there. He was dragged part of the way apparntly and i figure that takes two, plus one holding a gun. But I just dont think we will ever know for sure. No one is talking (not the truth anyway). Then we have the unidentified semen on Channon's panties. YOu couldnt write a mystery this complicated. I guess the bottom line to this is that if you are involved in something like this, no matter how small or large your involvement, you have to stop it, or at least had better go straight to teh DA office and offer to tell the truth in exhcange for a deal. Otherwise, the jurors will just lump everyone together and send everyone to death row.

Tomorrow, we'll hear the families give their victim impact statements. For those who won't be able to see them, here are videos of them from the Davidson trial. (I don't think they'll be any different in content, except Hugh might leave out that Chris wasn't a saint..?)

Hugh Newsom's victim's impact statement (this one is a must-watch, imo):
http://www.knoxnews.com/videos/detail/hugh-newsoms-impact-statement

Mary Newsom's victim's impact statement:
http://www.knoxnews.com/videos/detail/mary-newsoms-impact-statement

Deena and Chase Christian's victims' impact statements:

http://www.knoxnews.com/videos/detail/deena-and-chase-christians-impact-statement

Gary wasn't able to present his last time; did he give it in the Cobbins trial?

Good morning, everyone.

Still waiting for the judge.

Martinez is out in front of the courtroom, and now they're replaying the Bosch interview. He says any appeal might overturn some of the charges, but that would be years away. I didn't catch what he said about the judge today.

I truly think that the rape of Chris happened in the house, most likely in the middle of the living room area of the house. These thugs have totally dismissed Chris as not worth mentioning, as an afterthought. They are not going to admit to a rape of another male. It is considered by them to be beneathe them and thus do not recoginize that they have violated, tortured, raped and murdered and mutilated another human being. That is the kind of people they are. Boyd is rumored to have a photo on his cell phone of the rape of a white male. I think the big mystery here is why this hasn't been charged with the rape and murder of Chris and Channon. This case will never be closed until he is charged. We have VC left and then hopefully, Boyd will get the rest of what is coming to him. Then maybe the families can get some kind of peace.

Agree. I too believe that Chris was raped in the living room with all of them there watching, but no one wants to talk about Chris. They want to get him out of there ASAP. They all say it was someone else who took him away. In blaming each other, they also carelessly put themselves alone with Channon and away from the scary ringleader, whoever that was, and in a position where they could have stopped the crime but didn't. I can't believe Vanessa didn't make a deal, but I've also come to believe, she did part of the rapes herself, so I'm glad she didn't. Still think one trial should have been the way to go. I think it might have actually helped George Thomas, but oh well. A point in favor of separate trials is that it gives the prosecution experience so they can perfect their arguments and hone the presentation of evidence. TK, has always been good, but she so nailed the close this time. Perhaps the 100% conviction is a result of practice, practice, practice.

Good morning, everyone.

Still waiting for the judge.

Martinez is out in front of the courtroom, and now they're replaying the Bosch interview. He says any appeal might overturn some of the charges, but that would be years away. I didn't catch what he said about the judge today.

Morning Muffet! Thanks for all your commentary. I think they may overturn part of George too, but maybe not. When you read the law, the jury did have grounds for the convictions. And just because there's not DNA doesn't mean GT didn't rape or murder. The system might give this one to the jury.

Anyone know when Vanessa's up?

Interesting - they're discussing Coleman's case.

Ask and ye shall receive. There's talking about Vanessa now.

May for Vanessa? Judge could work her in earlier than July or August. Maybe week of May 10.

Morning Muffet! Thanks for all your commentary. I think they may overturn part of George too, but maybe not. When you read the law, the jury did have grounds for the convictions. And just because there's not DNA doesn't mean GT didn't rape or murder. The system might give this one to the jury.

Anyone know when Vanessa's up?
Morning, Yolorado. :)

They're talking about scheduling Vanessa's now, as a matter of fact. :thumb:

It's noisy in here so I can't catch all they're saying... My attention will be interrupted a lot all day, unfortunately. :sheesh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member