Resources - News, Blogs, Videos, MySpace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for this, it does appear to be an error. I've amended my blog now and removed that part.

No worries, and thank you for coming here to let us know. I never thought the 'misquote' was intentional, just the choice of words at the time you explained how you understood it.

FWIW, there has been some confusion as to what is fact and fiction in this case, so we have simply been taking a bit of an extra caution to clarify what has been verified or not. Just so the facts in this case don't take on a fictional life of there own. There was never any intention to single your blog out to point out any inaccuracies- or anything like that. Thank you for posting about Mr. Kyles story, and welcome to WS! We hope you will join us again from time to time.

Welcome to WS Bigfib!!! Your writing style is really impactful-I am so happy you decided to write about BK.

That blog post is interesting--some other discrepancies as well: They state that BK is ten years younger than Micheal Jackson; it is supposed to be 10 years older right(?); Alien theorists(!?!); that he hails from Colorado...etc

Hi there. I've corrected the 'younger' bit in my blog - you're right, it should be 'older'. I got the bit about Colorado from a quote from BK at http://2004amnesiavictim.blogspot.com/, where he says "I know I'm from Colorado.", so I think it's correct. Have you heard something contrary to that? Could you let me know please, I'm very keen to make sure it's correct. Thanks.

No worries, and thank you for coming here to let us know. I never thought the 'misquote' was intentional, just the choice of words at the time you explained how you understood it.

FWIW, there has been some confusion as to what is fact and fiction in this case, so we have simply been taking a bit of an extra caution to clarify what has been verified or not. Just so the facts in this case don't take on a fictional life of there own. There was never any intention to single your blog out to point out any inaccuracies- or anything like that. Thank you for posting about Mr. Kyles story, and welcome to WS! We hope you will join us again from time to time.

Thanks for your support. I have a thought, just a hunch. I'm intrigued as to the fact that BK insists on the 'Benjaman' spelling. I've done a simple test to see how rare this name is. If you do an advanced Google search for pages containing 'Benjaman' but not 'Kyle' (i.e. type "Benjaman -Kyle" into google), you get 55,600 results worldwide. If you do an advanced Google search for pages containing 'Benjamin' but not 'Kyle', you get 79,700,000 results. This tells us that, as a rough guide, the 'Benjamin' is about 1400 times more common as a name than 'Benjaman' - it's therefore a very rare name, and I wonder therefore if he is slightly wrong in his memory of it. Perhaps he is actually a Ben Jarman? ... What do you think? It seems to me that it would be a mistake not to investigate this possibility.

Thanks for your support. I have a thought, just a hunch. I'm intrigued as to the fact that BK insists on the 'Benjaman' spelling. I've done a simple test to see how rare this name is. If you do an advanced Google search for pages containing 'Benjaman' but not 'Kyle' (i.e. type "Benjaman -Kyle" into google), you get 55,600 results worldwide. If you do an advanced Google search for pages containing 'Benjamin' but not 'Kyle', you get 79,700,000 results. This tells us that, as a rough guide, the 'Benjamin' is about 1400 times more common as a name than 'Benjaman' - it's therefore a very rare name, and I wonder therefore if he is slightly wrong in his memory of it. Perhaps he is actually a Ben Jarman? ... What do you think? It seems to me that it would be a mistake not to investigate this possibility.
He could also be a Benjamin Allan, and not a Benjamin Allen or Alin, or it's possible Benjaman was a last name of a possible wife or mother, or name of his father or child. jmho.

or could Benjaman be a street name? I think the name and spelling has a significant meaning here, just where.

Hi there. I've corrected the 'younger' bit in my blog - you're right, it should be 'older'. I got the bit about Colorado from a quote from BK at http://2004amnesiavictim.blogspot.com/, where he says "I know I'm from Colorado.", so I think it's correct. Have you heard something contrary to that? Could you let me know please, I'm very keen to make sure it's correct. Thanks.

Well thank you for linking my blog.. lol

Which reminds me that I need to work on it again..

link - The boy's name Benjaman \b(e)-nja-man, ben-jaman\ is a variant of Benjamin (Hebrew), and the meaning of Benjaman is "son of the right hand; son of the south; son of my old age".

The baby name Benjaman sounds like Benjiman, Benjamon and Benjamen. Other similar baby names are Benyamin, Benjimen, Benjamino and Benejamen.

Benjaman is an uncommon first name for men and an equally uncommon last name for both men and women. (1990 U.S. Census)

link -
Benjaman
in the US
There are 232 people with the first name "Benjaman" in the United States.

Anyone ever see this site - Face search - Benjaman Kyle

Topsy tweet search - all tweets Benjaman Kyle

link - The boy's name Benjaman \b(e)-nja-man, ben-jaman\ is a variant of Benjamin (Hebrew), and the meaning of Benjaman is "son of the right hand; son of the south; son of my old age".

The baby name Benjaman sounds like Benjiman, Benjamon and Benjamen. Other similar baby names are Benyamin, Benjimen, Benjamino and Benejamen.

Benjaman is an uncommon first name for men and an equally uncommon last name for both men and women. (1990 U.S. Census)

link -
Benjaman
in the US
There are 232 people with the first name "Benjaman" in the United States.

Anyone ever see this site - Face search - Benjaman Kyle

Topsy tweet search - all tweets Benjaman Kyle

And after almost 3 years, we cannot find the one who is most important to us, lol!!!

what struck me about this was the name of the perp of course and the location...west texas!

http://mywesttexas.com/articles/2010/03/02/news/crime/friday_february_19_2010.txt

Benjamin Kyle Meece, 23, forgery by making, continue on probation and attend a treatment program.

You had posted about this 'kid' before. :) back in January of this year.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4677317&postcount=196"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Starting from scratch[/ame]

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/03/27/1132328/who-is-benjaman-kyle.html

snip
The mystery surrounding Kyle began in August 2004. Kyle was found mostly blind from cataracts, nude and unconscious behind a Burger King near Savannah, Ga. He'd been beaten in the head with a blunt object. He was sunburned and covered in red ant bites. He had no identification or knowledge of who he was.

"The police ruled that he was homeless," Fitzpatrick said. "There was almost nothing in the police report."

Police have never made any arrests in his assault. Tests showed he has never abused drugs or alcohol. The FBI ran his fingerprints multiple times and was unable to pin down his identity. He doesn't have a criminal record.
snip

IIRC, the police never viewed his situation as an assault so there were no arrests to be made. I am going to ask to set up a file of the police file that I received from Richmond Hill while I am thinking about it-I will post that in a sep thread next week so you all can see what I transcribed for you...

From the above link believe09 posted:

"I think we may have located a couple of (Davidson's) grandsons," Fitzpatrick said, and one has agreed to take a DNA test.

This is fantastic if someone takes a dna test. Hopefully it will help...

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/03/27/1132328/who-is-benjaman-kyle.html

snip
The mystery surrounding Kyle began in August 2004. Kyle was found mostly blind from cataracts, nude and unconscious behind a Burger King near Savannah, Ga. He'd been beaten in the head with a blunt object. He was sunburned and covered in red ant bites. He had no identification or knowledge of who he was.

"The police ruled that he was homeless," Fitzpatrick said. "There was almost nothing in the police report."

Police have never made any arrests in his assault. Tests showed he has never abused drugs or alcohol. The FBI ran his fingerprints multiple times and was unable to pin down his identity. He doesn't have a criminal record.
snip

IIRC, the police never viewed his situation as an assault so there were no arrests to be made. I am going to ask to set up a file of the police file that I received from Richmond Hill while I am thinking about it-I will post that in a sep thread next week so you all can see what I transcribed for you...

I'd like to comment on the article. Believe, if this is in the wrong place, please move my post to the appropriate area here at WS. My apologies if this is insensitive to Mr. Kyle, but I think if we are too cautious with information relevent to the case, we might miss something to help identifiy him. I in no way mean to be insenstive to Mr. Kyle or his situation with the following comments.

Did it strike anyone as odd they are still going with the assault avenue even though it has been disproven? ETA: Ae least there was no physical evidence on Mr Kyles being that were indicative of an assualt.

Also, what did others make of BK's comments he is afraid people are going to think he is strange, that he is not a mugger etc.

They struck me as odd. Why bring that up? Who cares what a bunch of strangers think? Is BK reading media comments that are not moderated and known to be off the wall most often? Media article comments can be pretty nasty and pretty non related in many cases. I can't imagine why he would bring that up. Especially since it really is not in context with the media article.

I know we've talked about this before, and I support Mr. Kyle whatever his background might be. I don't nor have I ever thought he was a criminal.... I'm just curious why an angle of this case which seems to have been disproven is still being published in the media.

I'd like to comment on the article. Believe, if this is in the wrong place, please move my post to the appropriate area here at WS. My apologies if this is insensitive to Mr. Kyle, but I think if we are too cautious with information relevent to the case, we might miss something to help identifiy him. I in no way mean to be insenstive to Mr. Kyle or his situation with the following comments.

Did it strike anyone as odd they are still going with the assault avenue even though it has been disproven? ETA: Ae least there was no physical evidence on Mr Kyles being that were indicative of an assualt.

Also, what did others make of BK's comments he is afraid people are going to think he is strange, that he is not a mugger etc.

They struck me as odd. Why bring that up? Who cares what a bunch of strangers think? Is BK reading media comments that are not moderated and known to be off the wall most often? Media article comments can be pretty nasty and pretty non related in many cases. I can't imagine why he would bring that up. Especially since it really is not in context with the media article.

I know we've talked about this before, and I support Mr. Kyle whatever his background might be. I don't nor have I ever thought he was a criminal.... I'm just curious why an angle of this case which seems to have been disproven is still being published in the media.

Cubby: Darn good questions.

Cubby:
I am unsure why they would bring up the assault. I think you mean 'they' as in
Colleen F and Benjaman K. Is that right?
I would think that Colleen F must know the truth. So, why would she say that?
And, most obviously, Benjman Kyle knows what the police report from 8/31/2004 says.
So, why would he repeat inaccurate facts.

Maybe the newspaper reporter just lifted those details from wiki or the internet..because when you google, that is what is said.

Still, no one corrected the reporter.

As for Benjaman K's statement about he would not mug anyone. Maybe
there is talk that since he was homeless, that is what he would do.
It seems like it is an over reaction to what he is hearing. JMO.

And as for the newspaper quote about :
''He's careful because he is uncomfortable that others might think he is strange.''
Perhaps he feels the general public is always skeptical of his story?

The 'wrong information' is out there about the morning he was found, because
once it was said/reported, then everyone else accepted it for the gospel. IMO.

Even BK's FB web page does not mention anything new. It has not been updated in months.

I don't know what the source was for the inaccuracy, but I think BK would have or should have corrected the reporter and at least ask those with inaccurate info to update their sites stating such inaccurate info.

It does no good for the credibility of Mr. Kyles case to continuously bring inaccurate info to new media reports.

I do not believe, nor am I saying, Mr. Kyles case is not credible, but inaccurate information imo hinders rather than helps finding his id.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member