State v. Bradley Cooper 3-29-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was Kurtz arguing and now Trenkle is arguing. It should be one attorney.

The judge sustained the argument at this time because he doesn't want to keep the jury waiting.

Detective Jim Young is back on the stand, direct by ADA Zellinger.

They estimated 6 to 8 weeks for the trial. That was an estimate only.

They estimated 6 to 8 weeks for the trial. That was an estimate only.

Thanks.. must be getting confused with the other one I have been obsessed about.. Casey Anthony.. I guess these trials are both estimated for the same length..

I had a different thought on the dress. I think that he did wash it first thing Saturday. For whatever reason he didn't seem to be using the dryer so the dress had to dry. I'm not sure he would want police to focus on him knowing exactly what dress she was wearing added with it being washed immediately. I also got the distinct impression that the defense wants us to believe that the dress was not washed because it still had the small stain and they made reference also to deodorant streaks on the dress when they did the cross of the SBI who examined and tested the dress.

Defense asked a few times if the dress smelled of detergent. Each witness responded they did not note the scent of detergent.

Defense asked a few times if the dress smelled of detergent. Each witness responded they did not note the scent of detergent.

I don't see that as being proof one way or the other. The witnesses didn't smell the dress until after a period of time and after the dress had been in a paper bag.

Sumtins up w/ the thumb drives. Defense is acting like someone pee'd in their cheerios this morning, IMO.

If he didn't wash it, I wonder if he was concerned about scent at that time. Was the K9 already there when they started asking for the dress? Also if he didn't wash it makes me question if there was anything substantial on it to begin with for him to worry about.

Are those Nancy's parents that can be seen when the camera is pulled back, woman wearing red today?

I don't see that as being proof one way or the other. The witnesses didn't smell the dress until after a period of time and after the dress had been in a paper bag.

Believe the question was asked to the effect, "While you initally examined the dress, did you note a scent of detergent or get the idea it had been recently washed?" To which the witness responded in the negative.

Believe the question was asked to the effect, "While you initally examined the dress, did you note a scent of detergent or get the idea it had been recently washed?" To which the witness responded in the negative.

Which witness was asked? I only remember the SBI person who talked about the small, oily stain and she didn't get the dress for quite some time.

Which witness was asked? I only remember the SBI person who talked about the small, oily stain and she didn't get the dress for quite some time.

Believe SBI and Det Young were asked same.

I just downloaded the latest version of adobe flash and I am not getting buffering this morning now. Could be good luck, or I did something right.
Try it out if you are having issues..

Believe SBI and Det Young were asked same.

I just checked a shirt and a bib that I washed on Sunday and neither of them smell like detergent. The detergent I use is labled "fresh and clean scent".

I'm going to say a prayer for Det. JY for his cross examination. I think he's done a fantastic job thus far and I pray that the good Lord will keep him in his care during what is surely to be a bash fest from the defense - as if Det. JY is the one who is on trial for a crime instead of simply doing a job he is grossly underpaid to do.

You do know that government workers make more than private sector workers now, don't you?

What is his salary? I'm curious.

CitySlick,

We know Brad lied about the dress color. To CPD he called it blue. In his deposition he referred to it as green or orange. When he went and got DD the evening of 7/12 he told DD it was black. Now I realize he might just be a really, really confused guy, but that's not my interpretation. For some reason, he misstated the color of the dress, more than one color and more than once, IMHO.

IF BRAD didn't do it.......
First, I don't think he knew any more what his wife had on than the mailman did that night. He's not really that into her, he's into the kids that night. The people at the party, especially some of those men knew what she had on more than anyone, especially while watching her play with frogs and making squirmng noises.....sorry.
Secondly, I think he probably tried to think about it and came up with a black dress....maybe, depending on who said what. Maybe someone told him a black dress. I think his mind was frazzled, mine would be and I would be on auto function, although maybe not appearing that way, too much going on.
Third, the dress was not in hiding. It was there for all to see. All it took was one person from the party to walk through with the police to see it in the basket, if indeed it was in the basket that day, which I thought it was.
Fourth, a lot of engineering type people, just on a sidenote here, see things differently. What we may see as a dominant color in something may not be what someone else may. The background design in that dress is the color that sticks out in my mind. I also have a designer type writing pen, it is white and brown....white backbrown and brown lines of a paisly type drawn on it....I think of this pen as brown. Others white.
Lastly, I don't think he cared as much as anyone normally would if a spouse were missing. If he didn't do it, and sad to say someone feels this way, but he may have felt some relief....I know that sounds so horrible, and not forgivable to feel that way, but to think that all the problems that have been going on for a while could be gone? INexcusable to feel that way, but, maybe, and certainly a reason not to be so torn up. Facts are facts.

OH well, just an observation but not an opinion of he did it or not. Certainly not trying to show any form of disrespect to the original poster, so any apologies in advance if taken that way, not intended.

BTW, does anyone know what was in the cabinet to the left of the dropcloth in the garage. It looked to me like more dropcloths of the same type packaging, as if they have a couple, but I probably am seeing it wrong, or am I? Could someone let e know?

I've been on the fence but might be able to sway today.

Thanks! PJ

You do know that government workers make more than private sector workers now, don't you?

What is his salary? I'm curious.

That's not true. Look up the salaries of some of the ADA's and I think you'll agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88