Tru-TV/IN session Caylee Anthony coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
New footage:

Ryan S asking about the courtroom . . .
JB confirms the courtroom decorum means they will always handle themselves in a "civilized manner". He gets a "rush" everytime he enters a courtroom. All the work is done months and months ahead of time . . . it is more anxious not nervous when you get the finish line. Opportunity . .. the prepared mind. He had a murder trial before kc's case . . . death of a child a 2 y/o girl . . . he was convinced his client didn't do it. . . pediatric head injury case . . . he thought he tried the heck out of it . . . he didn't do it but the jurors still had the photos of the dead child to take back to the jury room . . . very powerful . . . came back with misdemeanor . . . it was first degree murder case . . . compromised verdict they felt someone had to pay . . . all white jury . . . his client a dark skin hispanic . . . great injustice . . .

1) don't spike the ball until you are in the endzone
2) jurors (even illogically) want to punish someone

he ended up getting 15 years . . . . some people look @ it that his life is saved and he will get out one day . . . you can only do so much . . . there is alot from that case in my mind everyday

ryan saying similar to Caylee . . . do you think that will happen in this case w/kc that she will be t he one that needs to be blamed.

JB I don't know . . . peoples thirst for punishment . . . never lose sight of that . . . it's sad . . . talk about the court room majesty . . . . there is nothing bigger than the law. Not someone's pain, not someone losing their life, nothing bigger than the law.

OMG! Ryan asking him about the tension with Jeff Ashton, and that they are going after each other. Baez says, "Really?, Do you see that for real?"

RS - You see uptick in intensity with JA.
JB - do you see that really?
RS yes we do . . . is that the case do you feel it's getting personal?
JB - am i going to take my foot off the gas or change the intensity - no we aren't going to change that. . . i do not take it personal . . . we are different personalities . . . it's not personal . . . i walk out that door and don't give mr. ashton another thought.
this is what advocates do . . . it should be done in a professional manner. . . . if I didn't respect Mr. ashton I wouldn't say anything at all . . .i certainly disagree with some things and i won't say anything about that at all.

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I am recording this now and will post the links as they are ready for youtube here:
Sticky: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68189"]Show Transcripts and Show Videos - NO DISCUSSION![/ame]

Feel free to share here, there or anywhere! LOL

EDIT and BUMP so you know location changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A wise moderator told me this is a better location for the videos and easier to find in the future should we want to look them up!

I have no words...none I can say anyway.
JB is blaming his losing the Diaz case on an all white jury?
Not one word about him trying to AHA the prosecution and failing?? really, JB? Really??
Lance, with all due respect, I think you may have missed something Baez pointed out over and over and over and over again via insinuation, that tackles this important issue.

Baez is Spanish.
A famous Spanish Lawyer.
A Spanish lawyer who speaks Spanish.
Diaz is a Spanish criminal.
There was a white jury.
White people hate Spanish people.
Even if we don't know or care about N's race, we still hate Spanish people and want them convicted and Spanish lawyers to lose in court. It's never anything to do with evidence, or Baez's failures.

It's white people hating on Spanish people.

But Baez is the GREAT SPANISH HOPE, and will not allow this.

On a serious note, Baez better check himself. I know plenty of Spanish people following this case on the www, who think Baez is incompetent and resent him playing up his Spanish heritage and trying to score points with them, as if they are Borg.

FWIW, I think no matter what race Baez was, he'd play it to the hilt. I've seen nothing to indicate he's proud of his heritage, my personal opinion is that it's just something else he can use.

RS - what was this office like when you took kc's case . . .
JB - I made them all park across the street . . . that is probably why I got such bad press. the media wanted to park in parking lot . . . i had to get stern with them to park across the street and stay there . . . there was a lot of negativity . . . that is when the stories began you have to put people in their place when they are hurting your clients. . . they would bumrush the whole parking lot to get closer to kc . . .i remember saying to a lawyer that worked for me when we got kc out of jail 6 helicopters hovering overhead . . . i said, "take a good look my friend you will never see all of this attention over a bad check charge in your life". Everyone has a job to do . . . the adjustment period that i realized that i am not an individual, lawyer, legal professional . . w . I am a story. Until I realized that . . . "you are always in harms way".

JB there has to be a fine line between free press and defendant's sixth amend. for a fair trial . . . generally while an investigation going on you don't see doc dumps, press conferences, etc. . . . i don't have power to give media 1000 pages and then tell them go speculate.

clip from yesterday . . .
kc is very intelligent and able to follow this case w/great intellect.

would you do anything different?
JB - I am sure I would but can I pinpoint those things right now? no . . .was I perfect . . . no that is why they call it "practicing law".

OMG! Ryan asking him about the tension with Jeff Ashton, and that they are going after each other. Baez says, "Really?, Do you see that for real?"

I just wonder how he's gone this whole interview without his nose growing exponentially or lightening striking him a thousand times. Good LORD. He lies just like Casey does. No wonder they're well matched!

JB - I made them all park across the street . . . that is probably why I got such bad press. the media wanted to park in parking lot . . . i had to get stern with them to park across the street and stay there . . . there was a lot of negativity . . . that is when the stories began you have to put people in their place when they are hurting your clients. . . they would bumrush the whole parking lot to get closer to kc . . .i remember saying to a lawyer that worked for me when we got kc out of jail 6 helicopters hovering overhead . . . i said, "take a good look my friend you will never see all of this attention over a bad check charge in your life". Everyone has a job to do . . . the adjustment period that i realized that i am not an individual, lawyer, legal professional . . w . I am a story. Until I realized that . . . "you are always in harms way".

JB there has to be a fine line between free press and defendant's sixth amend. for a fair trial . . . generally while an investigation going on you don't see doc dumps, press conferences, etc. . . . i don't have power to give media 1000 pages and then tell them go speculate.
BBM

No, but you'd see it for someone on a stolen checks charge, shopping around town for party wear, but didn't pop into the police station to report her baby missing.

That's what the broohaha was all about. Either he has a memory problem, or he can't make logical leaps.

I agree with the woman who called to say she didn't hold much respect for Baez to begin with and after seeing him holding this interview she has even less.

He kills me talking about how much work this trial is and now he is wishing there were restrictions on the press. Casey has great intellect again? He's nuts. Now the press started the mass interest.

A beautiful little girl by the name of Caylee was gone and her mother didn't bother to tell anyone. That's what started the interest Baez and you know it.
The baby was found dead and ICA is responsible. You have got to be kidding that her looks or the color of her skin has anything to do with the publics interest. What a BORING interview.:maddening:

Lance, with all due respect, I think you may have missed something Baez pointed out over and over and over and over again via insinuation, that tackles this important issue.

Baez is Spanish.
A famous Spanish Lawyer.
A Spanish lawyer who speaks Spanish.
Diaz is a Spanish criminal.
There was a white jury.
White people hate Spanish people.
Even if we don't know or care about N's race, we still hate Spanish people and want them convicted and Spanish lawyers to lose in court. It's never anything to do with evidence, or Baez's failures.

It's white people hating on Spanish people.

But Baez is the GREAT SPANISH HOPE, and will not allow this.

On a serious note, Baez better check himself. I know plenty of Spanish people following this case on the www, who think Baez is incompetent and resent him playing up his Spanish heritage and trying to score points with them, as if they are Borg.

FWIW, I think no matter what race Baez was, he'd play it to the hilt. I've seen nothing to indicate he's proud of his heritage, my personal opinion is that it's just something else he can use.

Silly monkey. How could I have overlooked that subliminal message?
So, won't Spanish or Hispanics appreciate Jose single-handedly saving ZFG by deciding that she was never part of this whole case? That has to score him some points? :floorlaugh:

ETA: But Baez is the GREAT SPANISH HOPE I had to read that line twice. At first I thought you spelled HOPE with an R.

BBM

As he sits there laughing! :furious:

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I am recording this now and will post the links as they are ready for youtube here:
Sticky: Show Transcripts and Show Videos - NO DISCUSSION!

Feel free to share here, there or anywhere! LOL

EDIT and BUMP so you know location changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A wise moderator told me this is a better location for the videos and easier to find in the future should we want to look them up!

Bump - please read edit!

First video should be done in about 5 mins!

Ugh, hubby and I are meeting "friends" for drinks, then dinner in some alleged 5 star restaurant, where the portions will be small and I won't like the food anyway, and I'll have to make small talk and pretend I give a toss.

I'd rather we stay home, make some comfort food, and watch our next DVD of Mad Men.

I hate having to pretend I like these people.

Just needed to get that out.

OJ memoriabilia in the shelves . . . he taught a class about the OJ trial and even had Mark Furhman come in to talk to the class . . . that didn't go over too well . . .
spur of moment thing to bully OJ into trying on the glove . . . i think if you try to push those things it looks staged . . . want to be very careful doing that.

RS saying he gets feeling it is real to JB.
Jb saying you have to keep independent emotional disconnect from the client. . . but he is all in and so is every member of the team . . . just because people hear his name the most doesn't mean there are a lot of people working behind the scenes giving up their weekends to help on this case.

RS we see how kc lights up when you come in . . . a reassurance . . . a calming effect. . . is that your style . . .
JB am I giving you a calming effect? I am personable and communicate well with your client . . .I am very loose . . . I like to kid around with appropriate humor and break tension with a little humor . . . i try not to tell people they will win the case his crystal ball broke a long time ago . . .he will do his best for his client.

RS ... you seem to have a facination of law in this case.
JB if you really like something you will study it . . . so many great lawyers no one has ever heard of that really do deserve attention in this case. . . . some people call me "Juanny Cochran" . . . I could win this case . . . while it's flattering it certainly not deserved . . . it's cute but i don't like the phrase. I aspire to be best lawyer i can be. i will take what i can learn . . . .add my own spin and do the best i can.

RS if you do win this case how will it change your life.
JB i have no idea . . . i will have the ability to try cases the way i want to . .. sometimes you have to have business decisions guide what you do . . . i want to do more pro-bono cases . . . .

RS asking about KC's Story (I swear I saw JB turning red in front of our very eyes . . . blushing or surpressing extreme emotion?)

Silly monkey. How could I have overlooked that subliminal message?
So, won't Spanish or Hispanics appreciate Jose single-handedly saving ZFG by deciding that she was never part of this whole case? That has to score him some points? :floorlaugh:

ETA: But Baez is the GREAT SPANISH HOPE I had to read that line twice. At first I thought you spelled HOPE with an R.
BBM

Was mighty tempting, but the mods have enough to do!
:innocent:

I think most jurors take their job seriously regardless of who the defendant is. They want the defendant's attorney to prove the State is wrong and want to believe someone is innocent because human nature tells us that the person sitting there could be one of us and we need to listen to the evidence and make sure we get it right.

And in the Diaz case the mother was also hispanic so did JB think the jury convicted Diaz because he was hispanic. Someone abused the child and there was only the Mom and the boyfriend who had access to the child. Hello, how is that white people hating hispanics. Please tell me did not say that.

This would be a very irresponsible statement for him to make or even imply unless he was trying to cover up for his own incompetency. jmo

Let's please, please not travel too far down the ethnicity road. Seriously. I am leaving the posts up because I agree that is what JB is not so subtly insinuating. However, this could go bad very quickly and get people in trouble, so...l really think it is best if we just ignore it and consider the source, kwim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627