GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.... yeah I agree with everyone else that it is odd that the kids on the playground didn't see anything. I was about to ask the same thing if they had been questioned. I hope that they find her.

I think this is the playground she was in. There is a fence, but it backs up to woods RIGHT THERE at the edge.

Still, if she were inside the fence it would be impossible to get her over it undetected, IMHO.

http://www.riverridgeatcanton.com/images/4pic11_lg.jpg

Oh wow. Very small playground. Surely another of the children would have noticed if anyone were standing around there.

Maybe Jorely left the playground, maybe to go inside to "help" the babysitter, or to use the restroom, or something else, and someone came across her on the way.

It's very difficult to see an abduction from that playground with other children there. Not that it didn't happen or would be impossible. Just...hard to see.

Police searching for 7-year-old Canton girl
http://www.cherokeetribune.com/view...-year-old-Canton-girl?instance=home_news_left

No new information in the article, but there is a new picture of Jorely.

1T8L_girl.jpg

http://assets.matchbin.com/sites/625/assets/1T8L_girl.jpg

I think this is the playground she was in. There is a fence, but it backs up to woods RIGHT THERE at the edge.

Still, if she were inside the fence it would be impossible to get her over it undetected, IMHO.

http://www.riverridgeatcanton.com/images/4pic11_lg.jpg

Thank you for the link. Hard to tell how far back or how deep that wooded area might be. With the sky in the background it almost looks like they are not too deep, but hard to tell from the angle of the photo.

Here is the map for the address at the link in Peachy's above post. It looks like the wooded area directly behind the playground isn't too deep and backs up to back yards of single family homes on Oakside Ct.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&c...esult&ct=title&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBwQ8gEwAA

Interesting there is still no mention of the childs mother in MSM articles. For some reason the 5pm on a Friday, if mom was going to be out of town for the weekend, sounds like perhaps it was arranged for Jorely to be picked up by a friend who happened to come by when the teenage baby sitter was in the apartment? Maybe there was some miscommunication when the other parent picked up Jorely and didn't wait to say, hi, I'm here picking up Jorely?

I'm still hoping so, since there isn't much information being made available.

I'm also wondering about the lighting at the playground at 5pm. It's dark out now by 5pm. Unless the playground is well lit and surrounded by common area street lights or the lights in the parking lot, it seems awfully late for a baby sitter to still have the kids playing at a playground at 5pm this time of year.

But I do know some apartment complexes are well lit and there may have been enough light for the kids to still play that late. Especially with the playgrounds proximity to what looks like the parking area for the apartment complex.

I can't help but wonder if the teenaged baby sitter has a boyfriend and how old is he, if so?

I'm also wondering about the lighting at the playground at 5pm. It's dark out now by 5pm. Unless the playground is well lit and surrounded by common area street lights or the lights in the parking lot, it seems awfully late for a baby sitter to still have the kids playing at a playground at 5pm this time of year.

But I do know some apartment complexes are well lit and there may have been enough light for the kids to still play that late. Especially with the playgrounds proximity to what looks like the parking area for the apartment complex.

It's 6:22 here and my daughter just came in from playing. Between twilight and street lights, they had enough light by which to play half-rubber.

Hmm. This is Georgia - I looked up the sunrise sunset calendar, and the sun sets at 5:30 in Canton and "twilight" - occurs at 6.

I know when I lived further up north, it was dark much earlier. At this time in Georgia, though, visibility would be good enough where you wouldn't even need headlights yet, I don't think.

Isn't that a streetlight in the left side in the pic that was posted?

I just found out about this.
That park looked to be very small. The benches are on the outside of the fence.
Was anyone sitting there when the babysitter went for the drinks?
How far away did she have to go? Did she walk or drive?
I wonder if the babysitter took longer than anticipated before returning?
Were there any other families in the park at that time the babysitter left?
Or, when she returned?
What was the age range of the other children the babysitter was watching?
Was Jorely supposed to be looking after or playing with these children until the babysitter returned?
Did Jorely have a friend there that she could have went home with?

Hmm. This is Georgia - I looked up the sunrise sunset calendar, and the sun sets at 5:30 in Canton and "twilight" - occurs at 6.

I know when I lived further up north, it was dark much earlier. At this time in Georgia, though, visibility would be good enough where you wouldn't even need headlights yet, I don't think.

This is about 25 miles from me. I normally feed the dogs at 6, but have bumped it back since DST ended to 5 because at 6 it is truly dark (and cold!) outside.

Leaving them at 5:30 doesn't make sense. I really want to know what the other kids said. Makes me wonder if Jorely(s) said she was cold and wanted to go in before the others.

This is about 25 miles from me. I normally feed the dogs at 6, but have bumped it back since DST ended to 5 because at 6 it is truly dark (and cold!) outside.

Leaving them at 5:30 doesn't make sense. I really want to know what the other kids said. Makes me wonder if Jorely(s) said she was cold and wanted to go in before the others.

Why would the babysitter leave to get some drinks then?
At that time of day, she should have brought all the kids in for supper and a bath before bedtime.

What a beautiful girl. Her family must be heartbroken and so frightened. I hope she is found safe soon. :rose:

As usual, there seems to be conflicting info from different news sources. The news article below makes it sound like the little girl, not the sitter, went inside to get drinks, and was seen after that. Another article says mom was out of town; this one says she was home asleep.

The other children in the home have been removed by DFCS.

"She also confirmed that the Department of Family and Child Services has removed two siblings of the missing child (ages 1 1/2 and 4) from the home. She added the children were removed due to "the obvious neglect issues by the child's mother."

http://www.ledgernews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2840

I just caught this on our local news WXIA 11pm news...

mother speaking through translator
says lots of kids out there playing, why her (Jorely)
asks for whoever has her to bring her back
father there from Miami(?)
DFCS removed other kids from home as part of procedure
LE believes abduction, not a single lead, searches all around area since last night

station is running a ticker at the bottom of the screen for Jorely

When the football games are over, I'll see if can catch any other local news reports.

Seem to be getting mixed messages here. LE seems fairly certain in saying this is an abduction. So why remove the other children? Those "signs of neglect" must have been horrendous...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82