CO CO - Abby Blagg, 6, Grand Junction, 12 Nov 2001

Quincy.. wow thanks for posting this. I remember this story and I felt so sorry for the husband/dad.

I just read through and now see that HE was charged with the murder!!!!

The Mom has been found in a landfill.. but so sign of Abby. :(

Bumping this up because it was about to drop off.

The news is sparse, but it will be picking up very soon. The trial begins March 1.

Thank you for posting that Was Blind. Abby has been on my mind a lot lately.

Thank you, Quincy, for caring for the missing, and those left behind to search for them.

I saw the thread could soon be deleted, and started bumping. We lost all of the Molly Bish thread recently, and that made me sad. I hope when I am away on my trip to Texas someone can keep these threads bumped, so we do not lose them.

Even the ones who have been found, need to be remembered.

Blessings and hugs, Lanie

Casshew said:
Quincy.. wow thanks for posting this. I remember this story and I felt so sorry for the husband/dad.

I just read through and now see that HE was charged with the murder!!!!

The Mom has been found in a landfill.. but so sign of Abby. :(

I've been following this case from the start. It's very intriquing, IMO. Almost like the "perfect murder". I believe that the right person is standing trial for Jennifer's murder. "If only" Abby's body could be found, then he would also be charged for her murder. "If" he is responsible, wouldn't you think he would want Abby to have peace? Instead of being "wherever" all alone. How selfish can one man be? It just angers me so much.

This interview was done with Blagg in February of 2002. Considering a few days after, he attempted suicide. Jennifer's body was found in the landfill the following June. It's a chilling interview.

Hope the link works:
http://9news.com/storyfull-9wtk.asp?id=340

I just posted this link in the "Missing But Not Forgotten" thread for Abby Jo. To sort of put a face to the name, this interview with Michael Blagg was done by the Denver NBC Channel 9 in February of 2002. Just a few days before his attempted suicide. A few months before Jennifer's body was discovered in the landfill.... It's chilling.

Quincy said:
I've been following this case from the start. It's very intriquing, IMO. Almost like the "perfect murder". I believe that the right person is standing trial for Jennifer's murder. "If only" Abby's body could be found, then he would also be charged for her murder. "If" he is responsible, wouldn't you think he would want Abby to have peace? Instead of being "wherever" all alone. How selfish can one man be? It just angers me so much.

This interview was done with Blagg in February of 2002. Considering a few days after, he attempted suicide. Jennifer's body was found in the landfill the following June. It's a chilling interview.

Hope the link works:

I think this guy murdered his daughter in such an awful way that he will never admit that he did it.

People like this guy cannot face telling the truth and having their friends and families find out what they are really like....even after they are caught they like to pretend innocence and show no remorse.

This guy had a lot of people fooled that he was a great guy and he couldn't bear facing the truth and losing that admiration.....gee that sounds familiar....Peterson, Westerfield......

Maybe So said:
I think this guy murdered his daughter in such an awful way that he will never admit that he did it.

People like this guy cannot face telling the truth and having their friends and families find out what they are really like....even after they are caught they like to pretend innocence and show no remorse.

This guy had a lot of people fooled that he was a great guy and he couldn't bear facing the truth and losing that admiration.....gee that sounds familiar....Peterson, Westerfield......

I think he's got a sociopathic personality. Or at the very least is extremely narcisisitic (sp). He hid behind Christianity. Praying for them! Give me a break. He knew all along where they were. Why can't he let his little girl have peace? Selfish man!

And it does sound familiar to a few recent cases, doesn't it?

Blagg is charged/guilty of killing his wife anyway. What's one more murder charge to clear his conscience?

It's interesting watching the video of him. If you saw him on the street, he might impress you with his looks, dress, etc. It would be hard to believe he, like SP, could kill his child.

Maybe So said:

i remember this case pretty well. was a motive ever established for why he killed his wife?

Blagg's attorneys are going to argue witness testimony

02.07.04 Blagg to dispute wife abuse testimony
By MIKE WIGGINS The Daily Sentinel
Michael Blagg’s defense attorneys say they will introduce evidence at his murder trial disputing a claim that Jennifer Blagg told another woman she was being abused and needed help getting a divorce.

In a motion made public Friday, public defenders David Eisner and Ken Singer argued statements made by a former employee of a legal-services agency indicate a woman who talked to the employee was not the slain, stay-at-home wife and mother..............

FULL ARTICLE:
http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/newsfd/auto/feed/news/2004/02/07/1076162848.26609.9587.6544.html

===================

For a little background on this Louella Cross...This is a portion of the arrest affadavit which talks about LE interviewing Ms. Cross:

"24. On 11/16/01 and 11/17/01, Investigator Jim Hebenstreit interviewed Louella Cross. Louella Cross stated she use to work for Colorado Legal Services Up to 11/09/01. Louella Cross stated around the beginning of November 2001, a woman and young girl came in to Colorado Legal Services. The woman was frightened. The woman made mention "She couldn’t handle it anymore? can’t take anymore of this abuse." Louella Cross asked the woman if there was domestic violence; the woman said yes. The woman asked to see an attorney. Louella Cross advised her that she needed to fill our an intake sheet and the attorneys would review it. The woman became upset that she couldn’t see an attorney and did not want to fill our paperwork. Louella Cross stated the woman was "scared to death." Louella Cross described the woman as being approximately 5'4" to 5'S", somewhat slender build, and her hair was kind of a brown color. She could not remember what the woman was wearing. Louella Cross stated the little girl was approximately 5 to 6 years old, wearing bib overalls, a blouse with puffy sleeves, white in color, with some stripes. Louella Cross stated she read the article in the newspaper and saw the picture of the missing mother and child and believed these were the two that were in her office approximately two weeks ago. Louella Cross states that what stuck in her mind was that the woman was from South Carolina. Investigator Jim Hebenstreit showed two photographs of Jennifer Blagg and Abby Blagg to Louella Cross. Louella Cross immediately stated the picture of the little girl was the same little girl that came into her office with her mother looking for an attorney. Ms. Cross stated she was almost positive that the photograph of Jennifer Blagg was the mother who came into her office. "

Quincy, I plan to open that forum soon. I'm cleaning out my inbox, so look for a message from me. (When that message says that your box is full, it means it. LOL).

I'll be on the lookout! I knew you hadn't forgotten and I figured you were really busy, so I didn't want to bug you! :)

My recollection of the case is that she was speaking to a divorce lawyer. I guess he had a hard time handling rejection.

You know how it is: if all else fails, kill those who won't cooperate with you. Anybody would do the same, right?

deb_thang said:
My recollection of the case is that she was speaking to a divorce lawyer. I guess he had a hard time handling rejection.

You know how it is: if all else fails, kill those who won't cooperate with you. Anybody would do the same, right?

Jennifer was likely planning on leaving him. She wasn't talking to a divorce lawyer as I recall, but there was trouble in paradise. Michael Blagg's little perfect world was not so perfect. He couldn't have her actually leave him so he made sure he would have the last word. Still bugs me so much that Abby has not been found.

I always assumed she was also in the landfill, perhaps dumped in a different box. Are you thinking she might be somewhere else?

Today was a pre trial conference as the news media called it. Blagg was not present, but his attorneys and the DA were there to work out the details.

Here's an article from KJCT8, the ABC affiliate here:

CAMERAS ALLOWED IN BLAGG TRIAL NEXT MONTH
"Cameras will be allowed in the courtroom during Michael Blagg's murder trial. The Blagg trial is expected to be one of Mesa County's longest criminal trials in history................. "

REST OF THE STORY:
http://www.kjct8.com/home.cfm

For Abby Jo

Praying for this little girl and for justice, Lanie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members