MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My youngest step-daughter was diagnosed with RAD. Let me tell you what, she was very slick. She would steal food at home, not sure why all she had to do was ask, would eat her lunch before shcool and then tell her teachers we wouldn't feed her, stole from her sister, coins lipstick small stuff. It makes no sense. We had some good days and a whole lot of bad days.

I had a step-son in my prior marriage with RAD. I felt so bad for him. He would also steal food and then hide it and it would rot. That is one of the "signs" of RAD, of all things! He had all the other classic signs too. I used to take him to therapy and tried to bond with him, but his dad had other plans and I'm no longer able to see him.

He's in high school now and a total train wreck. :-(

Yes it is. She could do the work but it was like she wanted someone to be with her and help her. I am guessing it was for the attention.

Might not have been for attention. Maybe she could not stay on task herself. A lot of kids like that are highly intelligent, they just lack the executive functioning skills.

I had a step-son in my prior marriage with RAD. I felt so bad for him. He would also steal food and then hide it and it would rot. That is one of the "signs" of RAD, of all things! He had all the other classic signs too. I used to take him to therapy and tried to bond with him, but his dad had other plans and I'm no longer able to see him.

He's in high school now and a total train wreck. :-(

Poor thing. That's too bad - sounds like he needed someone like you in his life.

One of the treatments that they have is the bio mom and the child sit together and the child sits on the moms lap and holds her for the whole session which is like 8 hours long. There have been others that have been controversial, I think one was wrapping the child in a pappose. At least one child has died from this.

Back to the case. Someone said the body was found behind the GPS house and then someone said behind EO's house. Has it been confirmed which one?

Back to the case. Someone said the body was found behind the GPS house and then someone said behind EO's house. Has it been confirmed which one?

I don't believe it has been confirmed. ILC said it was almost straight back from AB's house.

Our local said behind AB's house. I don't know that the media has released an exact location, other than the woods behind the neighborhood.

Sounds like AB ran things. That could shed some light on her behavior.

I wonder if the whole family was dysfunctional? Very strange. It is a tough job raising your own children and then having to raise your grandkids and still having an adult child at home too.

LBMinnesota- Without saying directly or linking where you got that, can you say if it was from a social networking site?

LBMinnesota- Without saying directly or linking where you got that, can you say if it was from a social networking site?

Was the blog cached or active?

I saw it in a news article that the body was behind EO house. (I'll look for the link and brb) But the comments saw behind AB. So unsure until we see a police report.

Wow that was just a brief look inside. I wonder if that was an all the time deal.

It would appear that AB was allowed to do as she wanted. Maybe it was to keep her from going off on the family.

It's not a social site; site where you can journal/blog with screen name. The portion of page I copied is dated February 25, 2009 which is the last entry. Journal mentions living in California and Utah and visiting father with MB in Hawaii last year.

Are you able to get to the actual blog, or are you reading a "cached" copy of it?

Sorry for all the same post. Not sure what the heck happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member