NJ NJ - Mark Himebaugh, 11, Del Haven, Cape May County, 25 Nov 1991

audrey77

CJ Analyst
Reaction score
KYW news (philly) reported that they added Mark's case to the list of possible victims of Jack Colin. They just searched Colin's house the other day... Colin used to drive from/to work past the spot where they believe Mark was abducted...

KYW hasn't posted the news story as of yet... it was somewhat breaking news.

Here is the earlier story (before Mark) http://kyw.com/Local News/local_story_349125030.html

Himebaugh disappearance still haunts 15 years later

By BRIAN IANIERI Staff Writer, (609) 463-6713
(Published: November 25, 2006)
MIDDLE TOWNSHIP — Fifteen years ago today, a freckle-faced boy disappeared from his neighborhood, leaving behind only a white sneaker and the memories of an 11-year-old who has never grown up.

Nov. 25, 1991, was the last time Mark Himebaugh was seen.

Each year since has been a year without an answer.

But his mother's eyes brighten and moisten with talk of a son who wouldn't swat a bumblebee in the house, but would capture it in a glass and set it free outside.

Maureen Himebaugh uses this date to do something positive and enjoy life with the memory of her son, she said.

“I'm ready for an answer. But I've also accepted that I may go to my grave and not know,” she said Friday from her home, where marsh reeds across the street blow in the wind.

“I just want an answer. That's all.”

She isn't alone.

“We're still looking for that one piece of information that might be out there that could close this case,” said Middle Township police Capt. Scott Webster, who 15 years ago was a patrolman assigned to the juvenile division.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/st...p-6826061c.html

Mark Joseph Himebaugh
Missing since November 25, 1991 from Del Haven, Cape May County, New Jersey.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: May 23, 1980
Age at Time of Disappearance: 11 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'6; 85 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Red hair; blue eyes.
Medical Conditions: Himebaugh is required to take mediciation to treat behavioral problems.
Marks, Scars: Himebaugh has numerous patches of freckles scattered across his body and small brown marks on abdomen. At the time of his disappearance, his left foot was healing from a fracture. Bites fingernails.
Clothing: A blue sweatshirt; gray jacket; gray Docker style pants; and white sneakers.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Himebaugh was last seen at approximately 4:00 PM on November 25, 1991 near his New Jersey home. Himebaugh had received permission from his mother to watch as firefights fought a small brush fire which had broken out near the family's home. His mother left to run an errand and was held up in traffic for 40 minutes; upon her arrival home, she saw that Himebaugh did not return to the residence. She assumed he was playing with several neighborhood children; the child has never been heard from again.
Investigators did learn that Himebaugh may have been seen entering a nearby park with an unidentified female child at approximately 3:40 PM; however, this report has never been confirmed.
Extensive air and ground searches by authorities uncovered his left shoe, which has located approximately 75 yards from his house. No other evidence has been discovered in this case.

How strange that the little girl never came forward as if she lived locally her family must have known that the boy had gone missing. Very strange that one of his shoes was found like that...

Would this be Thanksgiving Day of 1991? I wonder if they had High School football games in the area. Just a thought....

Himebaugh disappearance still haunts 15 years later

By BRIAN IANIERI Staff Writer, (609) 463-6713
(Published: November 25, 2006)
MIDDLE TOWNSHIP — Fifteen years ago today, a freckle-faced boy disappeared from his neighborhood, leaving behind only a white sneaker and the memories of an 11-year-old who has never grown up.

Nov. 25, 1991, was the last time Mark Himebaugh was seen.

Each year since has been a year without an answer.

But his mother's eyes brighten and moisten with talk of a son who wouldn't swat a bumblebee in the house, but would capture it in a glass and set it free outside.

Maureen Himebaugh uses this date to do something positive and enjoy life with the memory of her son, she said.

“I'm ready for an answer. But I've also accepted that I may go to my grave and not know,” she said Friday from her home, where marsh reeds across the street blow in the wind.

“I just want an answer. That's all.”

She isn't alone.

“We're still looking for that one piece of information that might be out there that could close this case,” said Middle Township police Capt. Scott Webster, who 15 years ago was a patrolman assigned to the juvenile division.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/st...p-6826061c.html

Missing N.J. Boy Still A Mystery 16 Years Later

NEW JERSEY (CBS 3) ― The mother of a South Jersey boy is speaking out as a somber anniversary approaches.
This Sunday marks 16 years since the disappearance of Mark Himebaugh and authorities have released an age-enhanced photo, showing Himebaugh as he would look today at age 27.
Mark's family hopes this new photo will spark new leads in their son's disappearance.
Himebaugh vanished from a park just a block from his home 16 years ago.
His mother and police remain confident he could still be alive, and they want the world to see what he would look like now.

http://cbs3.com/local/Himebaugh.Mark.Abduction.2.591883.html

How strange that the little girl never came forward as if she lived locally her family must have known that the boy had gone missing. Very strange that one of his shoes was found like that...

Perhaps the child's family didn't want to get her involved in a police investigation. Or maybe she was frightened by all the talk about the case around town, and didn't tell anyone of her part in the story.

I'm guessing Mark lost his shoe in a struggle.

My instincts were that this little girl was probably used to get Mark to go along with her. Luring a child with another child. Also I didn't know his left foot was sprained. They found his left sneaker. No doubt the poor boy lost it in the struggle, but could it be he had taken it off because his foot was hurting? I've prayed for this boy for years after seeing his adorable face on billboards on the way to the Jersey shore. All these years have passed. There is always hope though.

Still No Trace of Mark Himebaugh 16 Years Later
mark himebaugh | 3 hours 36 min ago | Comments 0
By Al Campbell

DEL HAVEN — Since Nov. 25, 1991, millions have seen Mark Himebaugh’s photo, now age-enhanced to show a red-haired, 27-year-old, but with that same beguiling, freckled grin his mother last saw shortly before 4 p.m. that day.

The 16-year-old case, considered a “non-family abduction,” continues to perplex Middle Township Police, N.J. State Police and the FBI.

Himebaugh’s image has appeared on Fox-TV’s “America’s Most Wanted,” on countless milk cartons and billboards, and his case has been entered into the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

To this day, no trace, other than Mark’s left sneaker, has been found, and that was about 75 yards from his Sun Ray Beach Road home.

On that same fateful day, there was a massive marsh fire across the street from the Himebaughs’ house.

http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/article...-16-years-later

http://cbs3.com/local/Himebaugh.Mark.Abduction.2.591883.html

Missing N.J. Boy Still A Mystery 16 Years Later
Reporting
Cydney Long MIDDLE TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBS 3) ¯ The mother of a South Jersey boy is speaking out as a somber anniversary approaches.

This Sunday marks 16 years since the disappearance of Mark Himebaugh and authorities have released an age-enhanced photo, showing Himebaugh as he would look today at age 27.

Mark's family hopes this new photo will spark new leads in their son's disappearance.

Himebaugh vanished from a park just a block from his home 16 years ago.

His mother and police remain confident he could still be alive, and they want the world to see what he would look like now.

"I'm not gonna give up. He gave me the most beautiful 11 1/2 years of my life," said Maureen Himebaugh.

<modsnip>

If anyone has information about Mark's disappearance or whereabouts please contact authorities at 609-465-8700 for Middle Township Police Dept. or 1-800-843-5678 (Center For Missing And Exploited Children).

I'm bumping this as the anniversary of Mark's disappearace is approaching. This is 2 miles from my home and remember it like it was yesterday.

All they found was footprints and his hand-me-down LA Gear sneaker above the high tide line along the bay.

This makes me wonder if he was thrown into the water. He grew up along the water, which makes me think he knew how to swim and wouldn't have just fallen in. But if someone subdued him and then put him in, he would have had less of a chance of surviving.

ERvery time I drive through te neighborhood I look around thinking I'll see something.His Dad used to blanket this town with posters....wearing his picture on a shirt...Seems he moved to Vermont...it was too painful here..truthfully,I don't think Mark will ever be found,but wanted to honor his life by bumping the thread.

an older article
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...752C1A960958260

Anniversary of an Abduction

By ANDY NEWMAN
Published: November 25, 1996
Five years ago today, Mark Himebaugh's mother told him she was going on an errand for 20 minutes. It was 3:15 P.M., the last time she or anyone else saw the 11-year-old boy. Several leads yielded no answers: his sneaker found on the shore of the Delaware Bay, a few blocks from his house; an unfamiliar little girl spotted with him earlier on the day he disappeared; a detour that brought out-of-town traffic through his neighborhood that day. The boy's parents are separated, but neither is a suspect, the Middle Township police said.

The New Jersey state police issued an advisory on Friday to mark the anniversary, hoping to bring forward new information. ''It's one of the most unsettling things that can happen to a community,'' said the Cape May County prosecutor, Stephen D.Moore, who says he believes the boy was probably abducted.

Still No Trace of Mark Himebaugh 16 Years Later
mark himebaugh | 3 hours 36 min ago | Comments 0
By Al Campbell
Nov 20 2007
DEL HAVEN &#8212; Since Nov. 25, 1991, millions have seen Mark Himebaugh&#8217;s photo, now age-enhanced to show a red-haired, 27-year-old, but with that same beguiling, freckled grin his mother last saw shortly before 4 p.m. that day.

The 16-year-old case, considered a &#8220;non-family abduction,&#8221; continues to perplex Middle Township Police, N.J. State Police and the FBI.

Himebaugh&#8217;s image has appeared on Fox-TV&#8217;s &#8220;America&#8217;s Most Wanted,&#8221; on countless milk cartons and billboards, and his case has been entered into the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

To this day, no trace, other than Mark&#8217;s left sneaker, has been found, and that was about 75 yards from his Sun Ray Beach Road home.

On that same fateful day, there was a massive marsh fire across the street from the Himebaughs&#8217; house.

http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/article...-16-years-later

Search for Missing Mark Himebaugh Will Enter 19th Year

Nov. 25 will mark the 19th anniversary of the disappearance of Mark Himebaugh, 11, from Del Haven, according to Cape May County Prosecutor Robert L. Taylor and Middle Township Police Chief Christopher Leusner.

[snip]

As with any case of this magnitude, investigators are continuing to seek information from the Himebaugh fam-ily, friends, neighbors, and members of the public to bring this investigation to a conclusion.

Investigators also do not make any assumptions as to what may have happened to Mark, and cite the Salt Lake City, Utah, child abduction case of Jaycee Dugard,11, who also went missing in 1991, and her safe return last year, that give the Himebaugh family hope that Mark will be safely located. Every piece of information re-ceived is looked into for a connection to the case.

More: http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/...h+missing+mark+himebaugh+will+enter+19th+year

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back