SC SC - Amber Berbiglia, 23, North Myrtle Beach, 3 May 2013

Wow! Lake View Circle has so much crime (It's like the sore spot of Deerfield Plantation). When looking at the 48 hour crime map there are always "incidents" on that street.

Also, HGTC will have several locations…do we know which campus her classes were at?

Ah. I only found the main campus, I think. No, don't know where her classes were. Thank you.

There's a cemetery there at the corner of the pkwy. and old sanders dr. Probably not relevant in this case but abductions or worse have been known to happen at these places. Dene Colomb comes to mind. This one is called st. Josephs I believe.

You are doing a helluva job in this thread Wg.

one possible small correction is that in this article they have her working at Greg Norman’s at Barefoot Landing.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/05/06/3473917/argument-preceded-death-of-woman.html

Oh. My. God. LOOKATHOWCLOSEITISTOHOB! Google walking directions give 9 minutes but I think the walk could be done in 5. I wonder if Heather Elvis was still working at HOB while working her job at TK. Amber was a hostess at Greg Norman's. I wonder if Heather was a hostess at HOB like she is at Tilted Kilt. If so, that'd be pretty interesting!

2q9b607.jpg

fd6l34.jpg

Her car being left running and her cell phone being at her fingertips when she had such defensive wounds leaves me very puzzled.

Combined with the daylight crime, that odd road where she was found, the very, very tight time frame of when she was last seen alive to when she was found murdered, lead me to think it was an unplanned crime.

So, if her murder was unplanned, what was the motive?

Did Amber see something she wasn't supposed to?

Why wasn't there an attempt to hide her body or turn off her car, both things which would be found fairly quickly.

Trafficking?

I keep wondering if her murder could have been an attempted abduction gone wrong. I think her abductor could have been hidden in her vehicle. We don't have Amber's cell info so there's no telling what other places it shows to have been in for a prolonged period. Amber fought hard according to what her momma said, and she was left with bruised and cut up arms. If this idea is even remotely possible, I wonder if we should gather suspicious vehicles, attempted abductions, disappearances in the surrounding counties as well as Horry.

Just thought I would share this as I just waited for the NMB police dept for 20 mins and no one showed up.
Where I work, we are open 8-5. About 545 my regional manager calls and says our alarm system is going off and whoever lives closest needs to meet up with the cops (I win!)
So I get to our offices and wait and wait and wait. Called my RM and asked if she gave them the correct address. She said yes and was shocked no one showed.
I waited about half an hour an no one showed from NMB police... Thankfully nothing was wrong at our office (the alarm company has been having issues with their system) but they were still asked to come out and make sure nothing was fishy. On the picture I've attached, A is the police department. I work in the Surfwood Shopping Center area.

Just saying... Not very efficient police work IMO.. Especially since we are so close to the dept.

u7ehybu5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW! Kind of makes ya think... Maybe the perp thinks its a good hunting ground bc of the police there?

Ah. I only found the main campus, I think. No, don't know where her classes were. Thank you.

If I had to guess, she would have gone to the Conway campus (it's closer to LR) but she could have easily been taking online classes as well.

Trafficking?

I keep wondering if her murder could have been an attempted abduction gone wrong. I think her abductor could have been hidden in her vehicle. We don't have Amber's cell info so there's no telling what other places it shows to have been in for a prolonged period. Amber fought hard according to what her momma said, and she was left with bruised and cut up arms. If this idea is even remotely possible, I wonder if we should gather suspicious vehicles, attempted abductions, disappearances in the surrounding counties as well as Horry.

This seems to be what a lot of people believe that I have spoken with about HE and the Drexel case here in LR and MB. It's so scary knowing that can be happening here.

It is very frustrating for me to see the very high number of known unsolved missing/murdered female/male cases in Myrtle Beach/Horry County, SC. Imo, there are many indicators pointing to an active sexual predator/serial killer operating in Horry Co., SC.

How many more innocent victims must vanish or be murdered before the unlimited resources of the FBI BAU2 are requested, and a task force formed by HCPD/SLED to seek justice for AB and the mounting number of innocent victims of this silent epidemic?

This seems to be what a lot of people believe that I have spoken with about HE and the Drexel case here in LR and MB. It's so scary knowing that can be happening here.

Sadly meglor, this can happen anywhere, to anyone, at anytime, as shown by the many missing/murdered persons threads on websleuths.. Community awareness provided by local ms media and a well trained and equipped proactive police force are two very important necessities for insuring public safety, imo.
Imo, the Myrtle Beach/Horry County SC community could use dramatic improvements in both of these very important areas.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/office-of-law-enforcement-coordination/olec

In April 2002, the FBI’s Office of Law Enforcement Coordination (OLEC) was established to build bridges, create new partnerships, and strengthen and support existing relationships between the FBI and other federal agencies, as well as with state, local, tribal, and campus law enforcement; national and international law enforcement associations; and others within the law enforcement community.

<sniped from linked article & BBM for focus>

Details about the death of a woman whose body was found near the Robert Edge Pkwy remain unclear,

Early reports about her death indicated she had been shot, but authorities later determined that was not the cause of death.

An incident report released Monday indicates the circumstances of her death involved an argument, but Sgt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police later said that is an error. He said the circumstances around Berbiglia’s death remain unknown. Investigators on Monday still had not developed any suspect information.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...nt-preceded-death-of-woman.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=20615339

January 2013-South Carolina is one of four states that is being federally investigated and 12 people have been charged with trafficking women and girls. U.S. Attorney Edward Tarver said in a statement, "In what essentially amounts to slavery in the year 2013, the conduct described in the indictment against these defendants is reprehensible. Human trafficking is a cancer facing our society. This indictment confirms that the United States Attorney's Office and other federal and state law enforcement agencies are taking an aggressive stand to stop the victimization of women involved in sex trafficking."

This article talking about anyone who saw a woman or anyone else near the bridge, I hadn't seen before and don't know what to make of.

In the earlier articles where they were asking if anyone saw someone walking or standing on the bridge it doesn't mention gender. Are they referring to Amber here or is this just embellished reporting or something more specific that they were able to report on?

Hmmm...

Exactly, thank-you, LR1, I should have only highlighted the WOMAN part.

If there was NOT a sexual assault on Amber, and if there was NO robbery, and since her head wound seemed extremely PERSONAL, then it's entirely possible that Amber was killed by a female.

JMO

Without getting into alot of detail, there are way too many connections of people to both Heather and Amber for my liking.

I don't like coincdences.

One girl is dead and another missing (well, many missing). I don't like it.

Did Amber study with someone the day of her murder?

Were those her work clothes she was in, at Murphy's in the video?

Here is where I made my mistake. So sorry to put misinfo in here!
Amber Berbiglia was last seen alive on May 3. Around 1:30 that afternoon, her friends say she was seen near the Time Warner Cable store on Main Street.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23936754/exclusive-new-details-in-amber-berbiglias-murder

Our puppy ate my speaker jack, so I can't listen to this, but I saw a great shot of Amber's vehicle on the video. It's worth a revisit if you haven't watched it in a while.

Please keep in mind, that ONLY Amber's friends have been referred to for the 1:30 pm time for Time Warner.

LE has NOT definitively given notice of Amber's exact last known location or time.

This is a fact worth remembering, IMO.

Please release some more details LE. The public WANTS to help. This girl did NOT deserve to die.

Here are 2 more pictures from Murphy's Gas Station PRIOR to 1:30 pm the day of Amber's murder.

I am presuming that man #2 must not be of interest, because he can barely be seen. It does seem as if man #1 turns to talk to him.

I am NOT sure if man #1 has been identified, but, I am very surprised that LE has not taken him out of this video, so, I'm thinking maybe he is an unknown person.

<modsnip>

Attachments

• amber-entering-murphys.jpg
    amber-entering-murphys.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 99
  • unknown-man-1-murphys.jpg
    unknown-man-1-murphys.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 103
Here are 2 more pictures from Murphy's Gas Station PRIOR to 1:30 pm the day of Amber's murder.

I am presuming that man #2 must not be of interest, because he can barely be seen. It does seem as if man #1 turns to talk to him.

I am NOT sure if man #1 has been identified, but, I am very surprised that LE has not taken him out of this video, so, I'm thinking maybe he is an unknown person.

Looks like he's checking out her rear view. Which probably doesn't mean anything.

Did Amber study with someone the day of her murder?

Were those her work clothes she was in, at Murphy's in the video?

I know I read that she finished her finals that day, so HGTC would have surveillance I'm sure of what she was wearing...unless she went home first to change before paying her cable bill.

I wouldn't think that the leopard print blouse would be what she would wear at her work its more like what she would have worn the night out the previous night. My question is was she still wearing this when found, if not I would say she had made it home after paying her bill and was most likely dressed for work. either way it would be good to know what she was wearing when found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back