WA WA - GARY RIDGWAY - Green River Serial Killer

Its a shame Ridgeway got that plea deal to spare him from execution, I'm sure the victims families were disgusted when that happened

They talked today about a man and his girlfriend that tortured and killed women in a housetrailer he owned. He hung them up and would let them listen to a tape of what he'd done to other women telling them on the tape that was what was going to happen to them. He tortured them horribly.

I wondered today, just in the past 50 years, how many women must have been killed by serial killers. Women have never stood much of a chance in this world.

They talked today about a man and his girlfriend that tortured and killed women in a housetrailer he owned. He hung them up and would let them listen to a tape of what he'd done to other women telling them on the tape that was what was going to happen to them. He tortured them horribly.

I wondered today, just in the past 50 years, how many women must have been killed by serial killers. Women have never stood much of a chance in this world.

Well, if you look at Ted Bundy alone, they have no idea how many women he killed on his travels across the US.

Ann Rule wrote a really good book about the Green River Killer. If I remember right, there was some mention from Ridgeway's wife or at least ex girlfriend that he did have a few red flags and some odd sexual preferences. I watched his trial on court tv and will never forget those scanning beaty eyes and how he even still felt so entitled to have power over his victims by calling them "ladies" and "the end that he gave them". Yuck.

I *almost* believe Ridgeway had a partner who committed suicide long before GR was caught. I believe Anne Rule wrote about it in her book but contributed his suicide letter to be about another *suspect* and not GR. This is my "pet" case and I have been fanatic about it since I was a teenager in the 90's.

Glad he is off the streets and in his own little hell.

I am not sure about this theory, but anything is possible.

GR seemed to be a loner- and seemed to prefer to do what he was doing, by himself. He was somewhat of a social misfit. What many people don't know about Pickton is that he was quite wealthy. The land where the pig farm was situated was actually bigger at one point. He and his siblings sold off a portion of it for millions. Apparently he was "enjoying" his share of the money by shopping for women on the streets of Vancouver.

Lifetime is showing "Capture of the Green River Killer" right now.... 9:00EST

I watched this a couple of weeks ago. I couldnt hardly get up for fear of missing something. I recommend watching it

I'm watching it right now, but missed the first 30 minutes. The book by Anne Rule is good, too.

I'm watching it right now, but missed the first 30 minutes. The book by Anne Rule is good, too.

The Ann Rule book was excellent. I put off buying it for so long because it was just "about prostitutes" in my mind, who put themselves at risk. Sure, I felt sorry for them, but...

I was SO wrong. It was a very moving and enlightening book. Most of the ones killed by the Green River Killer were very young women, many teens, who just had hard lives or hit a hard patch and sold themselves just out of desperation or ignorance. It was an eye-opening book.

The book was Ann's best, in my opinion, and that says a lot!

My Dh bought me that signed book from Ann Rule and I have yet to read it. I did start watching the movie but fell asleep.

TY. Because of your post lastnight, I finally got to see part 1.

I think Lifetime did a great job on this movie.

I only seen part of it, I want to see the whole thing. I am going to check Lifetime to see when they are showing it again. What I seen of it was really good.

This case has always fascinated me and I have read every book on the subject but one thing I cannot figure out is who is "Rose".

She was a victim of GRK and mentioned in Ann Rules' book but from the list of victims, I cannot figure who she is.

Does anyone know?

This case has always fascinated me and I have read every book on the subject but one thing I cannot figure out is who is "Rose".

She was a victim of GRK and mentioned in Ann Rules' book but from the list of victims, I cannot figure who she is.

Does anyone know?

I didnt have any extra cash on me this week, so I went by the library and checked the book out by Ann Rule. I'll probably start reading it tonight.

While I am reading the book, I will try to pay extra attention to 'Rose' and see if I notice something that you didnt catch.

Did you see the movie ?? The reason why I ask is because there is a victim point of view person telling part of the story in the movie. Is that what 'Rose' does in the book ??

"Rose's" story in the book on page 161 sounds like Helen in the movie. Rose doesn't tell the story in the book though. Is Rose the real name? I don't know why there is an asterisk beside it.

http://www.oregonlive.com/tualatin/...d_in_tualatin_in_1985_finally_identified.html

"State medical examiners have used dental records to identify the remains of a girl police believe was a victim of Gary Ridgway, the Green River Killer.

.....the Oregon State Medical Examiner identified the remains as Angela Marie Girdner, 16. The Portland girl was a student at Beaverton's Valley Catholic High School when her parents reported her missing in 1983, sheriff's office spokesman Sgt. David Thompson said."

RIP Angela

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back