CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's driving a beemer and she's taking the bus.....six months pregnant....with two small children? WTH?

http://www.contracostatimes.com/california/ci_13054198?nclick_check=1

Missing child's foster dad says boy was kidnapped

Ross says he last saw Hasanni getting out of Ross' parked car behind an Oakland shoe store where Jennifer Campbell, Ross's fiancee and the boy's foster mother, works.

Ross says he told the boy to stay by the store's back door as he went to the front to get Campbell to open the back. Ross says the boy was gone when he returned.

So was he in the car? getting out of the car? by the door? not there at all?

I hate to say it, but perhaps they wanted to keep the payments coming as long as possible, but figured they had to do something before they were caught.

(Totally just random supposition on my part, though.)

I have to admit that thought crossed my mind. :(

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/13/BAEP198360.DTL

Homicide cops join missing-boy investigation

Six investigators joined officers from the Oakland police missing-persons unit in canvassing the area Wednesday outside the Rockridge district shoe store where Hasanni Campbell's foster father says he last saw the boy. Police passed out flyers along the 6000 block of College Avenue near the store, urging anyone with information to contact them.

Oakland homicide Sgt. Mike Gantt, who was among those who visited the scene, said police wanted some of their more seasoned investigators to work the case and that no assumptions should be made because they had been brought in.

We have three seperate neighbors saying they'd never seen Hassani. So reminds me of the Aarone Thompson case! Also, remember the Adam Hermann case not too long ago? Authorities found out he'd gone missing 10 years ago when he was 11, but his foster parents never reported it and kept collecting the money.

Was family suddenly pressuring them to see Hassani? Were questions being asked so they had to figure out a story?

This scenario is so common. And you are correct. It usually is a family member putting pressure on seeing the child that prompts a missing person report. IIRC, Aaron Thompson's mom got tired of the runarounds and had made travel plans to see her daughter.

I always felt this is what would have happened to Caylee if Cindy hadn't of freaked out and called 911. They would have told extended family that Caylee was adopted out, or died and they have a private funeral.

BBM

One that the owner of which doesn't know his store is being used this way, I reckon...

Yeah, I found it odd the employer didn't know about it.

But still, it's not like it was a high rise office or anything. It's a shoe store where customers with kids and strollers are the norm. If she was trying to "hide" the kids, did she put them in the back, while she worked in the front?

O/T: I am been extremely fortunate that I have been able to bring my kids with me to work in my office whenever I needed to. I brought my 2 oldest DS to work everyday for several months after I went back after maternity leave. Now, I mostly work from home, but I still bring them with me sometimes to meetings, if they're sick or have a school break.

Yeah, I found it odd the employer didn't know about it.

But still, it's not like it was a high rise office or anything. It's a shoe store where customers with kids and strollers are the norm. If she was trying to "hide" the kids, did she put them in the back, while she worked in the front?

O/T: I am been extremely fortunate that I have been able to bring my kids with me to work in my office whenever I needed to. I brought my 2 oldest DS to work everyday for several months after I went back after maternity leave. Now, I mostly work from home, but I still bring them with me sometimes to meetings, if they're sick or have a school break.

Yes, people like us are pretty fortunate to be able to bring kids to work.

I was thinking that perhaps she didn't want other business owners around to see the same guy with a stroller too many times, and ask the boss or something?

He's driving a beemer and she's taking the bus.....six months pregnant....with two small children? WTH?

The late model beemer is bothering me for many reasons. If you can afford a late model beemer and a house in today's economy, then you shouldn't have to take two children to a place of work. There should be money for an in house sitter so as not to disrupt the children's routine or the mom's work schedule.
There are different reports on whether Hassani was left in the car or outside the car by the back door. Beemers are usually not left unlocked, so if he was in the car and it was locked there is no way of either him getting out or being taken out w/o alarms going off.
Too many unanswered questions and different spins on the story to make any sense out of this at this point.

Missing boy's foster father talks to ABC7
Thursday, August 13, 2009 | 12:57 PM
<snipped>
Family members of a missing disabled Fremont boy are hoping someone can help find him. Police say 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell was last seen in Oakland two days ago. He has cerebral palsy, but family members say he doesn't have leg braces on the outside of his pants.

Louis Ross took a polygraph test on Wednesday, but the child's foster mother is refusing. He refuses to discuss the outcome, citing the police investigation.
Jennifer Campbell is pregnant and declined a polygraph test, fearing the stress could hurt her unborn baby.
Louis Ross spoke to ABC7 Wednesday night and said a critical description of his son is wrong. He says Hasanni does not wear metal leg braces on the outside of his pants.

"So that story being put out there... think about the time that was lost. People could be looking at our son and not realizing it was him because the key discriminator was metal leg braces," said Ross.

Oakland Police Sgt. Ray Blackman told ABC7 Wednesday that they did not have any solid leads or suspects.

Police say the couple is cooperating with the investigation but they will not say whether they have taken a polygraph test. Investigators plan to search the Rockridge area for a second day in a row hoping for new leads.

"Primarily, this is a missing person's case. But, we would be neglecting in our duties if we discounted that foul play may have occurred," said Ray.

VIDEO: Jennifer Campbell Speaks To ABC7
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6962708

VIDEO: Foster Parents Speak To ABC7
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6962713

VIDEO: Louis Ross Speaks To ABC7
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6962712

VIDEO: Police Search Park, Home For Disabled Boy
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6962291

VIDEO: FBI Search Freemont Home
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6960645

VIDEO: FBI Seaches Missing Boys Home
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6960432

Article:
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6961528
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Missing Boy's Family Cooperates With Police as Search Continues
8/13/2009 12:10:00 PM
<snipped>
Oakland attorney John Burris says he was contacted earlier this week by Louis Ross and Jennifer Campbell, the foster parents of Hassani Campbell, because they were concerned about being questioned by police about the boy's disappearance.

Hassani was reported missing from the 6000 block of College Avenue at around 4:15 p.m. Monday, Oakland police said.

The family "was surprised police tried to interrogate them, and I wanted to advise them that that is logical and they should not be dismayed by it," Burris said.

"They're emotionally traumatized, then police start asking them questions that they thought were unduly aggressive, and I just wanted to make sure that they understood that and not be intimidated by it," he said.

Burris said that Ross, the Hassani's foster father, was the last person to see the boy before he went missing. Burris has recommended that the parents "be cooperative so the police can rule them out and go about trying to find Hassani."

Article:
http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleVi... With Police as Search Continues/Default.aspx

:angel:

I'm trying really hard to put myself in these people's shoes, in the unlikely event what Ross says is true....

If this WAS what happened; They would know that I myself saw the child unharmed that morning because I would be shouting it from the rooftops and no one would shut me up. And like it or not, with all of the "Hasanni WOULD NOT wander off" from my significant other, I would HAVE to consider him suspect myself because HE was the one responsible for that child's welfare at that time he vanished. Blame, I'm sorry, I'm one to place it if it's warranted. Interrogation by LE? Sheesh, I'd be beating him in the head to get answers if my man told all of these conflicting stories(unless I was involved or I was brain dead).
I don't believe this child was abducted unless he was abducted by someone they knew who knew their routine, was following Ross on August 10th, or was waiting for him to do exactly what he says he did, leaving Hasanni by the car. Talk about a slim window of opportunity, wow.
The flip side is that she participated in 'making the child go away' on some level. If she did, then that means she went to work that day and played her routine down to the letter just like she normally did. If so....these people have ice water running through their veins IMO.

Dumb freakin question. Are we sure that he is the owner of the Beemer? Is it his, is it leased, is it owned by someone else in the family?
The only reason I ask is that at a particularly bad place in my fiancee's life, he drove a brand new malibu bought for him by his grandmother. For the record, he also lived in it.

So the car isn't striking me odd and I am not even taking it as a sign of their overall financial position until I know for a fact that they own it and whether or not they are still paying it off.

I realize that LE said we shouldn't read anything into 6 homicide investigators (one of whom is assigned full time) being called in on this 'missing child' case, but I can't help it. It just sounds very ominous to me. :(

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=8322943

Foster father pleads for safe return of missing California boy with cerebral palsy

As many as 70 officers from several law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, have joined the search for Hasanni. They scoured parts of Oakland and searched numerous areas, including nearby parkland and his foster parents' home in Fremont.

"It has been nonstop," Oakland police Sgt. Ray Backman said. "Given that it's a 5-year-old boy, time is a critical factor for us."

The boy is still considered a missing person, not a kidnap victim, Backman said. Investigators were working with no significant clues and a limited amount of tips, he said.

Dumb freakin question. Are we sure that he is the owner of the Beemer? Is it his, is it leased, is it owned by someone else in the family?
The only reason I ask is that at a particularly bad place in my fiancee's life, he drove a brand new malibu bought for him by his grandmother. For the record, he also lived in it.

So the car isn't striking me odd and I am not even taking it as a sign of their overall financial position until I know for a fact that they own it and whether or not they are still paying it off.

Not a dumb question at all NMK, I agree 100%. For me it's not so much what make the car is. What upsets me is that he was using the car and left Jennifer A) to work while managing two small children an six months pregnant, and B) to drag two small children around on public transportation with a big ole baby bump, and C) that A and B seem inconsiderate and self serving. Why couldn't he take the bus from Shuz to his class and then have Jen pick HIM up?

I realize that LE said we shouldn't read anything into 6 homicide investigatores (one of whom is assigned full time) being called in on this 'missing child' case, but I can't help it. It just sounds very ominous to me. :(

Actually NOT a dumb question. Could also be a company car, except that "consultant" kind of connotes "self-employed".

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hUXzIn-qwIqEY9RjeTeHqMRo83PgD9A27VI80

Dropping the kids with Campbell is a family routine, Ross said. When he opened the rear passenger door for Hasanni, he said, the boy was unbuckling his seat belt.

"I said, 'Hasanni, go wait by the back door,' and he had already taken a first step out of the car," Ross said.

Ross said he grabbed Hasanni's sister and went to the front of the store and told Campbell to open the back door. He then went back to the parking lot.

"When I got to back there (Campbell) was already there. She says to me, 'Where's Hasanni?'" Ross said. "I said, 'What do you mean?' I look to see if he's standing along by the car, but he's not."

This article also states again that Ross refuses to discuss the results of the LD test. If you passed, why not say so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emmachabada