Stranger abduction theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except:

1. A search all around the school in a 2 mi area was undertaken with no signs of Kyron.

2. Tracking dogs (and possibly cadaver dogs) did not get a hit. If Kyron walked away (and I'm talking not walking to the parking lot and getting into a car) one would expect at least one of the SAR dogs to pick up on his scent.

3. If he was deceased and nearby, a cadaver dog would be expected to pick up on something.

SAR dogs and cadaver dogs can do amazing things but they are not perfect. There have been searches where it was realised later that dogs were within feet of the remains without indicating on them. And other cases where the dog indicated on remains but the handler did not pick up on or correctly interpret the indication (for example, there was a dead animal near hidden remains and the handler saw the dead animal first, then assumed that was what the dog was indicating on).

Much of the terrain around the school was repeatedly described as rugged, dangerous, difficult to negotiate, etc. It is known that at least one trained SAR person had to be evacuated via ambulance due to injuries suffered from the terrain. Plus, overhead pictures of the area around the school show areas of heavy forest, ravines, etc.

So I think the fact that no SAR dogs picked up any scent is suggestive but cannot be considered absolutely corroborative in any way.

Were parents to tour then too? TIA

Just wondered why Terri left then.

My understanding is that school opened early to allow for parents to come early and help the kids set up projects and if they wanted I am sure they could view them at that point. The kids were to be put in small groups at 8:45 to begin touring the expo. It doesn't appear there was a lot of set up necessary for the ones we have seen. I am sure that for some of the older kids it would take more time, ie that electric project if it exists.

Mostly because of lack of reliable information, it seems to me that no theory can be conclusively ruled in or out at this point.

In support of the stranger abduction theory, there was a report by one child (TP) that placed Kyron at the school after his stepmom left.

Please could someone help me locate the link where TP says he saw Kyron after his stepmom left. I had this link but he doesn't talk about the timing at all here, it just says that they passed each other and it could be any time, really, with or without TH.

8-year old TP remembers passing Kyron in the school hallway Friday morning as the two passed each other on the way to see different science experiments.
"I went downstairs and that was the last time I saw him, I never saw him after that."

Wendy says T has told her he saw Kyron's stepmom Terri leaving the school building. Kyron was not with her when she left the school.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...te-noticed-Horman/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx

I find it extremely sad that even if Kyron's teacher thought or assumed he had gone to the washroom,that no one was sent to be sure, that no one even bothered to check it out! Especially because they had visitors to the school that morning.
I am assuming the information about the teacher saying he may have gone to the washroom came from media, if Im incorrect I will delete it.

TH says last saw K at 8:45 AM by his classroom, upstairs. But not IN the classroom. Stairs are close by. Busloads have already arrived, but a stranger is able to get K's attention, and apparently ONLY K's attention, lure him down and out of the building, at the exact time they were to assemble in the classroom? K would be the fish going against the tide of children and teachers going into their classrooms. Going down the stairs, and AWAY from where he is supposed to be. And no one saw him. Or saw the "stranger", or heard a conversation. I have a hard time buying the stranger, or near stranger abduction. Sell me, all possiblities.

Stranger as in he never met them before? I don't think so. It doesn't mean it wasn't a SO or RSO that abducted him. Many, many of them "groom" their victims by befriending them, one way or another. I definitely think it was someone Kyron knew and had at least some trust in. And it's my theory that LE feels the same way and that is why they are saying "isolated case".
However, then I thought to myself, but if that's the case and it's someone who could have befriended other children there, would they still be saying that? And that makes me think LE is pin-pointing someone in Kyron's family, not necessarily the step-mom.

If it turns out to be anyone other than Kyron's family that is responsible for this, I'm thinkin' LE is going to hear it big time from the other Skyline childrens' parents. JMO

Check the link above your post for the statement, Mylou. It was a child in his class who said so; the spokesman seems to dispute his account though. (I think he may have called a chaperone a substitute)

Of course stranger abduction is a possibility because we do not know what actually happened. It has to be considered, no matter what LE says or hints, until an arrest and a case is made. What I am worrying about now is if/when Kyron is found and he is deceased, what if cause of death cannot be determined due to the passage of time? And he is found in the vicinity of the school after all? I'm not sure a case could be made against a stranger or anyone else if that were to happen, or if he were found where he could conceivably have walked on his own.

Mind you, I don't think he walked off, but if for example, an older student is to blame, he may not have taken him very far. I consider an older student, unless he knew Kyron well, to be a stranger. And would hate to think that the fact of him not being found soon enough could help the offender.

Check the link above your post for the statement, Mylou. It was a child in his class who said so; the spokesman seems to dispute his account though. (I think he may have called a chaperone a substitute)

Thank you!
It does raise an interesting question to me though, how many parents or step-parents at that school are sub teachers, could the chaperone that day have at once been a sub? I would think who ever the chaperone was that the little guy had seen them numerous times to even get it confused, or they are similar in appearance.

cluciano63, an older student, yes. School goes up to Grade 5? Motivation...jealousy, bullying, ability to lure. Let's hope attendance records have been carefully reviewed. Would that be a perp about whom LE could say the community should not be alarmed? Perhaps.

cluciano63, an older student, yes. School goes up to Grade 5? Motivation...jealousy, bullying, ability to lure. Let's hope attendance records have been carefully reviewed. Would that be a perp about whom LE could say the community should not be alarmed? Perhaps.

I was under the impression that kids as old as 13 or so went to this school-has that been clarified? Anyway, I do not think it was a student...was just kind of theorizing as to someone who was a stranger but not really, in trying to see where LE is coming from if not family. I can't think of any cases involving student of this age group that managed to keep quiet for more than two weeks, these things get out, somehow, even if they are just gossip. If there is a perp in this case, and there must be, it has to be a lone adult, with possible assistance since the crime.

I can't believe that this is a stranger abduction between I just don't believe in coincidences. What a coincidence that the stranger found him after saying goodbye to SM but before entering his classroom? What a coincidence that he arrived early at school via car rather than at his usual time via bus? What a coincidence that SM didn't attend the talent show that day? What a coincidence that the school failed to communicate his absence and eight hours elapsed in the perp's favor. What a coincidence that police now find some inconsistencies in SM's account of her whereabouts that day. What a coincidence that the thing LE needs more information about happens to be SM's truck and its whereabouts.

If this is all truly a coincidence, then poor Kyron was the unluckiest human being on the planet that day.

and so was Terri...if all of those above coincidences happened on that day...

Much of the terrain around the school was repeatedly described as rugged, dangerous, difficult to negotiate

So then how would a perp negotiate this same rugged terrain with a kidnapped 7 yr old Kyron? If Kyron was walking he wouldn't be able to walk in this terrain. If the perp was carrying Kyron and trying to negotiate this difficult terrain then that seems even more difficult.

So they walked and then left no evidence, no trace, no one saw anything, no one heard any struggle and there was no scent that any of the dogs picked up on?

Doesn't seem very probable given the reality of the terrain.

IMHO Kyron didn't WALK anywhere past the parking lot. I believe he got into a car with someone he knew very well. I don't believe this was a stranger at all.

IF a stranger abducted Kyron, he/she was certainly lucky that his absence was not noticed or reported until ~ 3:45 p.m.

8:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.

That gave him/her a 7-hour head-start. And it was not until 5:45 p.m. until deputies began searching.

9 hours.

Really great point Noway.

I was strongly leaning toward TH being the perp, but after reading several pages of people trying to come up with theories as to how she could have possibly gotten him out of there without being seen by ANYONE, I am now starting to lean towards a stranger abduction.

I think it was another parent or school employee (janitor, teacher aide, cafeteria worker, etc.)...someone who would not be out of place on a day like that. The person may have hid in a bathroom and waited for a child to come in, attack, and stuff him into a box or container of some sort (there was a science fair going on...a lot of people were probably carrying large items), an walk out the door, put him in the trunk, and drive away.

I think anything is possible and that is why I think LE is not ruling anything out.

So lets say if Terri Horman could take Kyron away from the school without being seen, even though she was well known to some parents, teachers, and children and Terri has a thick mane of flaming long red hair that is very memorable imo, then a stranger or another person seeming to belong in the situation that day certainly could achieve the same imo. Maybe even moreso because not everyone there would know all parents, visitors or even teachers.

IMO

IF a stranger abducted Kyron, he/she was certainly lucky that his absence was not noticed or reported until ~ 3:45 p.m.

8:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.

That gave him/her a 7-hour head-start. And it was not until 5:45 p.m. until deputies began searching.

9 hours.

Whoever took him away would have to assume he would be found missing within minutes but that has never stopped these kind of predators. It truly is unbelievable how all the events were stacked against Kyron that day and no one missed him at all until 3:30 pm.

Although Mark Klass has always commented how far a perp can travel even before someone realizes the child is missing.

IMO

I think anything is possible and that is why I think LE is not ruling anything out.

So lets say if Terri Horman could take Kyron away from the school without being seen, even though she was well known to some parents, teachers, and children and Terri has a thick mane of flaming long red hair that is very memorable imo, then a stranger or another person seeming to belong in the situation that day certainly could achieve the same imo. Maybe even moreso because not everyone there would know all parents, visitors or even teachers.

IMO

On the other hand, people might not even give any thought to a parent and child they were familiar with. It would stand out if a child they knew were walking with a person they had never seen.
For instance, I couldn't tell you if I saw my neighbor and her child outside yesterday. I could definitely tell you though, whether I saw her child with a complete stranger yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken