State v Bradley Cooper 3-21-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they have to present all the items and how they obtained them before they can share the results. Maybe they will be sharing the findings next?

Yes, you do have to follow the chain of custody.

But not in such a slowwwwwwwww drawn out manner. :innocent:

BC scratches below knees? Never saw those photos.

Scratches on his legs. Fronts and backs. Both legs.

Witness noticed scrapes and scratches on BC's legs and other locations on his body--and took pictures. Yea!

According to the opening statement, the items collected from the crime scene included 2 pieces of wire which were never tested, and 1 cigarette butt, which was tested a year later, and the results came back a few weeks ago. Nothing else from the crime scene was tested. No footprint impressions were made, no measurements taken of the footprints, despite taking 2 pairs of shoes to compare. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of this has come out to be correct.

And if I am remembering the opening correctly, there was no DNA under her fingernails, not even her own.

With all those scratches on his legs, maybe he dunked her hands in the mop bucket and washed up real good before he dumped her body.

I don't know. I can't picture how a strangulation victim could scratch someone's legs. And they would have definitely found *some*DNA under her nails. I think the scratches are unrelated.

Didn't Brad wear long pants when he helped "search" for Nancy. I know he had on a long sleeved shirt on the day he "searched". Heat index was right at 100 degrees that day, if I remember correctly.

Defense will try to say that Brad was scratching his own legs whilst searching for Nancy...suggesting that bugs/mosquitoes bothered him.

Not to mention Howard Cummings just said that BC was out searching with shorts on in heavily wooded areas before those pictures were taken.

And they would have definitely found *some*DNA under her nails. I think the scratches are unrelated.

Not necessarily. And even if they took scrapings there is no guarantee that they could get a DNA profile on those scrapings.

Ok, so the ADA made the point that BC had scratches on his legs, etc. And then he asked the witness if he was aware at the time of the photographs of the scratches that BC had helped with searches in wooded areas? Was that a preemptive strike to ward off the defense saying it would be natural?

With all those scratches on his legs, maybe he dunked her hands in the mop bucket and washed up real good before he dumped her body.

Ohhh WOWW..I didnt even realize this trial was goin on!! So way behind..but wish to comment on scratches on lower legs...I wonder IF he did indeed wash her hands..and then dumped body ( sorry)..and scratches got there during the disposal of body....Im sorry I dont even know what location body was found?..Boy..I apologize..I have some back reading to do to get more informed!!:seeya:

I don't know. I can't picture how a strangulation victim could scratch someone's legs. And they would have definitely found *some*DNA under her nails. I think the scratches are unrelated.

My impression would be that perhaps he had her on the floor with a leg/knee across her throat. She would be able to scratch his legs if that were the case, maybe.

Ok, so the ADA made the point that BC had scratches on his legs, etc. And then he asked the witness if he was aware at the time of the photographs of the scratches that BC had helped with searches in wooded areas? Was that a preemptive strike to ward off the defense saying it would be natural?

Yes that appears to be a preemptive strike. I'm not sure it was effective, but he did bring it up first.

The 325 was recovered from the garage under a search warrant and was taken for processing. From inside the garage.

Not necessarily. And even if they took scrapings there is no guarantee that they could get a DNA profile on those scrapings.

That's getting pretty far fetched, imo. They don't need much to get a DNA match and there should have been blood too. Plus, I can't visualize an attack scenario where one person would have their lower legs scratched, front and back.

No DNA under her nails hammers home to me that she was killed in the home at the earliest possible hour, giving him time to not only clean up the house but to rid her body/nails of all traces of his DNA. He is supposed to be a highly intelligent man. Given both his and NC's mindsets the Friday and Friday night before she disappeared he may have actually thought through every detail of murdering her and what would need to be done afterward, including the fake phone calls.
I am still so unsure that anything the prosecution has offered thus far means anything whatsoever. I am probably reaching in my own fantasy land because I simply don't like BC. Plus, I think he's guilty and I'm just begging for the hard evidence to be there, and hurry up with it!

To me it seems obvious the scratches on his legs are unrelated given he was out in shorts on a search...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni