GUILTY CA - David, 57, Toni, 55, & Ashley Menard, 16, slain, Northridge, 4 Aug 2006

There appears to be no movement on either side for a plea deal, such as taking the DP off the table in exchange for LWOP and a guilty plea,

and although it is a DP case it surely does not take over four years to test the evidence, to interview witnesses, to have discovery from both side issues all done and dusted,

there is no insanity issue that I can see that will delay the trial, as surely defence would have filed the notice that they were going forward with an insanity defence,

it is usually families that make known there frustration with delays in trial dates, I do not know if there are any surviving family except for Brandon and his older brother, and his brother did make a few initial comments immediately post the murders I have seen no public comment from him or any other family since,

I also wonder if all 3 children were adopted,

ARREST
Arrest Date: 08/04/2006 Arrest Time: 1900 Arrest Agency: 4235 Agency Description: LAPD-ROB/HOMI DIVISION

Date Booked: 08/04/2006 Time Booked: 2214 Booking Location: 4273 Location Description: LAPD - JAIL DIVISION

BAIL
Total Bail Amount: NO BAIL Total Hold Bail Amount: 0.00 Grand Total: NO BAIL

HOUSING LOCATION
Housing Location: CJ

Permanent Housing Assigned Date: 06/02/2009 Assigned Time: 1015 Visitor Status: N

Facility: MEN'S CENTRAL JAIL
Address: 441 BAUCHET STREET City: LOS ANGELES

Public Visiting Guidelines Facility Visiting Schedule

For County facility visiting hours, Please call (213) 473-6080 at Inmate Information Center.

COURT
Next Court Code: S101 Next Court Date: 02/22/2011 Next Court Time: 0800 Next Court Case: PA05639401

Court Name: L A SUPERIOR COURT DEPT 101
Court Address: 210 W. TEMPLE STREET Court City: LOS ANGELESUPT

RELEASE
No Information On Release Date.

BLAH!

ARREST
Arrest Date: 08/04/2006 Arrest Time: 1900 Arrest Agency: 4235 Agency Description: LAPD-ROB/HOMI DIVISION

Date Booked: 08/04/2006 Time Booked: 2214 Booking Location: 4273 Location Description: LAPD - JAIL DIVISION

BAIL
Total Bail Amount: NO BAIL Total Hold Bail Amount: 0.00 Grand Total: NO BAIL

HOUSING LOCATION
Housing Location: CJ

Permanent Housing Assigned Date: 06/02/2009 Assigned Time: 1015 Visitor Status: N

Facility: MEN'S CENTRAL JAIL
Address: 441 BAUCHET STREET City: LOS ANGELES

Public Visiting Guidelines Facility Visiting Schedule

For County facility visiting hours, Please call (213) 473-6080 at Inmate Information Center.

COURT
Next Court Code: S101 Next Court Date: 02/22/2011 Next Court Time: 0800 Next Court Case: PA05639401

RELEASE
No Information On Release Date.

BLAH!

additional BBM.

It's also moving to a different courthouse, this time to Superior Court, downtown L.A.
I wonder why the change? Perhaps this case is finally moving towards trial.

btw, I was just about to post this information when I saw you had already done it!

Almost five years since his arrest, and still no trial or explanation for the many delays! He's already had a preliminary hearing and was bound over for trial on three counts of murder, special circumstances. I've never heard of a five-year delay, even in a death penalty case.

Search: Menard, Brandon

Next Court Code: S101 Next Court Date: 05/12/2011 Next Court Time: 0800 Next Court Case: PA05639401

NOTHING in the news anywhere about this case. Each month, a court date, and each month the same...postponed. Very strange.

from the article linked above:

Menard faces three consecutive sentences of life in prison without parole, in addition to a term of 25 years to life.

Sentencing is scheduled for June 2.

Prosecutors say they still have no motive for the killings.

Wow. I figured he'd do this but I thought he'd do it like 4 years ago.

supposed to be sentenced today, am checking the net for any reports, I wonder if his brother continues to keep in touch with Brandon, otherwise unless he can get himself some prison penpals it will be a long and lonely sentence to serve

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back