GUILTY CT - Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, & 2 daughters killed in home invasion, 23 July 2007

Sure seems strange and risky to select a jury in a high profile case and then not start the trial for 3 months. Thats an awful lot of time for that jury to be contaminated (perhaps intentionally by the defense) and have to start over. Come September, they will all have to be re-questioned about their knowlege and opinions of the case.

Many times they would consult the family in a DP case. Maybe Dr. Petit wanted the DP left on the table

Many times they would consult the family in a DP case. Maybe Dr. Petit wanted the DP left on the table

That is exactly what happened here. Early on both defendants offered to plead guilty in exchance for life sentences. But the the DA, at the request of the entire Petit family, refused.

That is exactly what happened here. Early on both defendants offered to plead guilty in exchance for life sentences. But the the DA, at the request of the entire Petit family, refused.

I simply cannot imagine what he will have to go through again and send many prayers his way

I simply cannot imagine what he will have to go through again and send many prayers his way

I agree. Has to be very tough. While many will tell him to just agree to the life sentence and move on, he is determined to get justice and is willing to go through all of this to get it. Keep in mind he is not only battling the defendants and their sometimes outrageous defense attorneys, but also many legislators there in Connecticut that are desperately trying to eliminate capitol punishment and pull the rug out from underneath him. Dr. Petit is a strong man.

I will never lose interest in Dr. Petit seeking justice for his family!

FYI, the reason that the judge has acted as he has throughout is most likely because of the crimes against children falling almost entirely on him as the primary and the other was mainly acting as accomplice/in concert on those crimes. Not that the crimes against the mother should be lessened, but my point is: A finding of guilt of those crimes warrants nothing less than DP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back