Post-Verdict:Jose Baez-Sanctions? Florida Bar Investigation!

I don't think HHJBP has time for hate. I do believe he demands respect for the court and expects officers of the court to respect it as well. JB played fast and loose with the court during this entire circus. He was given chance after chance, warning after warning, clarification after clarification. And yet, those last few days tipped the scale, according to the judge. I believe he made it perfectly clear that Jose's chickens were going to come home to roost.

I totally agree with you. He made up stories to create reasonable doubt. If we go with the "Caylee died in the pool" June 15/16 - he still went after everyone after that time frame. Roy Kronk should at least be able to sue Linda Kenney Baden for slander, when she said (when still a member of the DT) that there was as much evidence against him as the Murderer as their was against Casey. Semantics , I know, but how many people believe him to be involved in Caylee's murder because of the DT's lies.
How do we find out if the Bar is checking out JB?

Not slander, it's civil...defamation of character....it's federal! And, I must say to the poster who wonders why everyone hates JB.....he just makes it too easy~;)

I mean, come on, the middle finger guy goes to jail, Casey gets acquitted...what are the odds? He was an extremely fair judge, I think...actually more so than he should have been so that she would get a fair trial. He did this in case of appeal & I fully believe he was as surprised as we were at the verdict. I've heard of drug dealers who gets more time than she did/does!

HHJP better make good on his sanctions on JB! It seems like the kid who gave the bird and the mentally ill woman are the ONLY people that received punishment during this circus trial.

I don't think HHJBP has time for hate. I do believe he demands respect for the court and expects officers of the court to respect it as well. JB played fast and loose with the court during this entire circus. He was given chance after chance, warning after warning, clarification after clarification. And yet, those last few days tipped the scale, according to the judge. I believe he made it perfectly clear that Jose's chickens were going to come home to roost.

This ^

I don't hate Jose. I think he's an unusual person and a bad lawyer, but i don't exactly hate him. What I hate is when people like him make all lawyers and people who work in the field who do follow the rules look bad. He was warned time after time about his violations and he kept right on doing it. If Judge Perry doesn't follow through I will lose much respect for him.

Not slander, it's civil...defamation of character....it's federal! And, I must say to the poster who wonders why everyone hates JB.....he just makes it too easy~;)

I mean, come on, the middle finger guy goes to jail, Casey gets acquitted...what are the odds? He was an extremely fair judge, I think...actually more so than he should have been so that she would get a fair trial. He did this in case of appeal & I fully believe he was as surprised as we were at the verdict. I've heard of drug dealers who gets more time than she did/does!

BBM Thanks, I couldn't think of anything except slander

This ^

I don't hate Jose. I think he's a sleaze and a bad lawyer, but i don't exactly hate him. What I hate is when people like him make all lawyers and people who work in the field who do follow the rules look bad. He was warned time after time about his violations and he kept right on doing it. If Judge Perry doesn't follow through I will lose much respect for him.

That whole team was sleazy!!
Whatever befalls Jose Baez, he did it to himself.

BBM Thanks, I couldn't think of anything except slander
You're welcome! I hope everybody that can sue them does sue them! We know already about the State of Florida & Tim Miller said he was contemplating filing a suit to get the 116,000.00 back that they spent...he also said George & Cindy knew Caylee was dead when he was there...he just felt it. We can't forget that the FBI was also involved in the investigation so wouldn't the FBI have to file a separate suit for that amount? Then, there's Casey's 10 o'clock appointment Tuesday morning with ZFG attorney......so, if we could add RK to that list, wouldn't it be fantastic?

This is OT but we need a K~A~R~M~A thread so that everytime somebody backs out of doing business with the Anthony's or any of the DT, we can just go on there & list it....like JB losing his agent that he signed with just hours after signing....and the Jerry Springer offer that was quickly dropped...and the *advertiser censored* movie....pretty bad when Springer & the *advertiser censored* industry don't want anything to do with you....:loser:

This ^

I don't hate Jose. I think he's a sleaze and a bad lawyer, but i don't exactly hate him. What I hate is when people like him make all lawyers and people who work in the field who do follow the rules look bad. He was warned time after time about his violations and he kept right on doing it. If Judge Perry doesn't follow through I will lose much respect for him.

I agree. While I know, ultimately, that the sanctions will probably be a slap on the wrist, I strongly disagree with his methods of handling this case. He's not helping that stereotype of defense lawyers. I don't hate him, but I'm disappointed that he chose to break the rules when he could have been just as effective in not doing so. :twocents:

This ^

I agree with everything you've said above. I don't hate JB, but I do think he is a most unprofessioal attorney. He constantly made a mockery out of our judicial system with his continuous lack of respect and total disregard to HHJP and the sanctity of the court. His actions were a disgraceful display shown to the world. He should be ashamed. JMO, of course.

Why does everyone hold such hatred for JB and want his career ruined? He did not kill Caylee. If everyone thinks he such a bad attorney, then you must also think that he had nothing to do with the not guilty verdict. Why the vendetta against JB? Why would anyone take pleasure in seeing a man's career ruined because you did not like his client? Does this bring justice for Caylee? If you had a child Caylee's age, would you teach them to hate like this?

Because he goes beyond the scope of a defense atty and is unethical, disrespects the court and also the law.

Why does everyone hold such hatred for JB and want his career ruined? He did not kill Caylee. If everyone thinks he such a bad attorney, then you must also think that he had nothing to do with the not guilty verdict. Why the vendetta against JB? Why would anyone take pleasure in seeing a man's career ruined because you did not like his client? Does this bring justice for Caylee? If you had a child Caylee's age, would you teach them to hate like this?

I did not much care for JB from the start, but after the opening arguments, his crassness, rudeness, disrespect for all parties, his behavior, his not paying child support for 10 years, and even his inability to spell simple words and his poor grammar made me strongly dislike him.

Ya know, I think the jury REALLY like JB. I liked his style until he started being sleazy and trying his little ambush tactics. I hated how he threw stuff out their to taint the jury cuz he knew they couldn't unring the bell. He used dirty tactics and that jury fell for it as we heard - loud and clear.

Well, I don't feel any hatred for JB, but I do agree that he showed the greatest disrespect to the legal profession, and the court, and anyone who came with in hearing range of him.

And I have to wonder if his mother is proud of him? I wouldn't have wanted to be the mom raising him. I wonder if he wrote the closing argument by himself? uh . . . . :dunno:

Sure do wish that the pros had set their sights a bit lower, the jury might have done better by them, and by Caylee. I am deeply sorry that JA resigned. He was great.

I hope JB gets what he deserves ~ after all is said and done. He used unethical dirty tactics in the courtroom and got away with it. Caylee Marie was cheated out of justice, and I hope Karma evens the score big time.

Will Jb find a place for her to live and a job, and some speading money till she gets on her feet, as I am sure she will not want to go home, and live with her Mother.

My goodness, if you think JB is bad, I ask you to recall Bruce Cutler. Now that's a bundle of sanctions!

I hope the judge holds JB accountable for his actions during the trial. But, at the rate things are going as in NOTHING about this trial - before, during and after is making any sense, so I won't hold my breath.

I do not hate him, but he broke the law. Like any other law abiding citizen, he should pay the price.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back