Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #5 *J. Hunter guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that Tycora and Lisa get to face Jerice in court soon. They deserve the opportunity to speak for Jhessye, and to help get justice for her. They deserve that closure.

My heart breaks for those dedicated searchers. I was so moved by their dogged determination. I know how much they wanted to find her and they must be so devastated after all of that agony they went through each and every day. They deserve medals, each and every one of them. God works in mysterious ways, so Jherice will have to be exposed, in some other way. It will happen. She cannot hide that evil nature for much longer. JMO

I just hope that the baby in utero is not being affected by that evil and self-absorbed nature...
Jerice used drugs freely during the last pregnancy. I doubt she will deny herself anything just because she's pregnant.
She has caused so much misery and suffering for so many people. It's too late for Jhessye and those other children,the searchers, and also for Tycora and Lisa. They would all have been spared the Jerice-induced agony had the system worked when she was caught abusing her children. She should have been incarcerated for her full sentence, and never allowed near her children without court supervision.
She needs to be stopped right now, with this case, and with this current pregnancy. No more opportunities to abuse her traumatized and vulnerable children, and to live off of the government and scam the tax paying citizens while being free to do as she wants, and have babies she can't parent or support.

If she is using drugs while pregnant this time, then CPS is going to test the newborn and she will lose custody immediately.

If she is using drugs while pregnant this time, then CPS is going to test the newborn and she will lose custody immediately.

IIRC...that's what happened with the last baby she delivered. That child was thankfully taken away at birth.
And Grandma Shirley was outraged by the intervention of CPS on behalf of the baby, instead of being outraged by her daughter's behavior during the pregnancy. She tried to portray Jerice as the victim. I guess they must've been counting on another government check for the newborn.

St. John said that even though Jhessye's body wasn't found, police believe they have enough evidence to charge Hunter, and are "very near" the point of presenting the case to the County Attorney's Office.

St. John noted that similar cases have been successfully prosecuted in the county without police ever finding a body.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2012/06/jhessye_shockley_search_ends_w.php
Question for AZLawyer...

Will a jury hear about jerice's California conviction for child abuse, or will that be considered prejudicial?

Maasen stressed this is very unusual and that he would like his client to be treated fairly, and wants everyone to follow the rules.

He says they have a number of options on how the violation could play in to the future of this investigation.

http://www.kpho.com/story/16168643/...ce-of-shockleys-disappearance-not-in-landfill
Also for AZLawyer. Has the issue of jerice being held longer than legally allowed been resolved? Is there any impact on the investigation, as Maasen claims?

If Jhessye's case goes to trial, prosecutors will likely call a slew of witnesses to talk about her life. They might be asked about Jhessye's relationship with the person believed to be responsible for her disappearance and Jhessye's behavior at school. They'll likely be asked about the last time they saw Jhessye.

Prosecutors also will want to show evidence that a crime scene may have existed, such as traces of blood or cleaning supplies used to wipe away evidence, as well as establish a timeline for Jhessye's disappearance.

Authorities must use multiple examples to convince jurors that death is the reason for a disappearance, said Tad DiBiase, a former federal prosecutor who has studied more than 300 homicide cases in which a body was never found.

"It is the combination of things that's damning in these cases -- not any one single factor," he said.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...roving-murder-without-body.html#ixzz1zTUwMSo4

Question for AZLawyer...

Will a jury hear about jerice's California conviction for child abuse, or will that be considered prejudicial?

I am not a lawyer, in Arizona or anywhere else.

But I think I may know the answer to this one.

Generally, prior convictions are not allowed at trial if the defendant does not take the stand. However, there is an exception for "similar transactions" which means prior convictions that are very similar to the charges being tried.

If Jerice takes the stand (she shouldn't, in my humble opinion) then any prior convictions can be brought in, even if they don't resemble the charges being tried.

My guess is that a judge would rule that the California conviction would be admissible as a similar transaction. There is never any absolute guarantee as to how an individual judge will rule but this issue seems pretty clear. I'd be surprised if a judge ruled the California conviction inadmissible.

In the very unlikely chance that a judge ruled the California conviction inadmissible, my bet would be that Jerice would insist on taking the stand. In that case, the California conviction would come up. My sense is that Jerice is unconsciously self destructive that way but I could be wrong.

I know it is a pipe dream, but I would really like to see the sate of California charge Shirley with something in regards to returning Jhessye's siblings to Jerice in the first place. It is my strong belief that these two women were committing fraud with this maneuver in that I believe Shirley was receiving money for the care of these children and she unilaterally returned them to Jerice.

It is also my strong belief that the monies she was sending to Jerice to help support the kids, was none other than a portion of the funds the state of California was paying Shirley, as their foster parent.

I want that woman to face some consequence for returning those children to that monster.

Brokenhearted to come here and learn that our sweet butterfly princess wasn't found. Kudos to all the searchers who endured that stinch for so long looking for her. It's devastating to think about Jhessye forever being in that horrible place. So many lives affected negatively by the evil of that woman...
:maddening:

I know it is a pipe dream, but I would really like to see the sate of California charge Shirley with something in regards to returning Jhessye's siblings to Jerice in the first place. It is my strong belief that these two women were committing fraud with this maneuver in that I believe Shirley was receiving money for the care of these children and she unilaterally returned them to Jerice.

It is also my strong belief that the monies she was sending to Jerice to help support the kids, was none other than a portion of the funds the state of California was paying Shirley, as their foster parent.

I want that woman to face some consequence for returning those children to that monster.

Clearly, jerice did not have "legal" custody of the sibs. Shirley had to attend the CPS hearings after they were removed from the home and jerice was not allowed ANY visitation with them. However jerice was initally (maybe still is) allowed visitation with little Jerice.

I agree TL, but why wouldn't those charges have already been filed? Maybe we need to check and see if there is a case either in AZ or Cali? Ole Shirley wouldn't be shouting it from the rooftops, crazy ole coot that she is.

<snipped>

If Jerice takes the stand (she shouldn't, in my humble opinion) then any prior convictions can be brought in, even if they don't resemble the charges being tried.

<snipped>

I truly hope that when the time comes, Jerice and Shirley are cocky enough to think they can outwit everyone and choose to take the stand.

Not that it would happen, but a girl can dream.

They would tie their own nooses if they were cross examined :twocents:

I want that woman to face some consequence for returning those children to that monster

BBM...

I am right there with you!

Jerice didn't seem to have a job....but she had lots of children to feed.

Prayers to all those that spent weeks searching that landfill and coming up empty - what a daunting task! Im so sorry sweetie that you probably will never be found and you were tossed out like garbage by your ________ You deserved much better sweetie, much much better.

This waiting for the other shoe to drop is so frustrating. I know Glendale PD have not given up on justice for Jhessye, but the waiting, knowing her murderer walks free still, is free to continue to create more victims, popping them out like a pez dispenser.

back to page one princess.

Today I had the dogs outside and saw a beautiful butterfly on some flowers in the yard. Of course, I thought of Jhessye. Come on, justice.

We will be here until Jhessye gets justice.

Take note of that Jerice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member